~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Mr. J woke up with a very bad headache and a sore throat. Looks like a covid test today, and hoping that it's negative.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’re meeting our accountant this morning to finalize our income taxes. Nice to have that done. Funny how my refund is almost exactly what I plan to spend on a new lens for my main camera!
      My buddy had no suggestions to improve the photo I sent to him the other day of a pelican in flight so I’ve attached it.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; April 11, 2022, 07:25 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude, I hope Mr. J tests negative. I’m hoping it just allergies. Taking some time off from exercise class as I somehow hurt my knee. Gonna rest it a few days and see what happens. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you. PS Im getting ready to visit family this week and it feels so good not to have to worry about where Im going to get and sneak my drinks. FREEDOM!!!

Comment

Happy AF Monday everybody!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I had a friend follow me outside last night as I left a meeting a tad early. He just needed someone to talk to, has about six months of sobriety, and is fighting, fighting, fighting it. He just won't let himself be himself, and is afraid to do so. It's one of those situations where he has simply quit drinking, but has not been able to or allowed himself to fill in that empty place with anything wholesome and fulfilling. It hurts to watch. Sobriety is great and for me absolutely necessary, but LIFE is a whole other world of possibility and wonder. One doesn't come without the other for me, but I realize that sobriety is just a stepping stone (and a prerequisite) for a real existence.

I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Beautiful pic, QW. What a wonderful hobby.

Curious if anyone has tried hypnotherapy to curb the drinking voice.

Dill, sorry about your other friend too. Cancer sucks.

Woke up to a spring snow storm and I have an appt in another city. Glad hubby is taking me! And glad to have 24 more hours of freedom!

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends and late starters. OU doggie is at the vet. Waiting to hear the latest. She is not herself so a bit anxious to see what they found. Otherwise things are good. So with Maddie in my thoughts and love in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hope that your pup is OK techie!

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

QW, that was a fantastic photo! Thanks for sharing it. You caught a moment of the awesome beauty of Nature.

Techie, I hope you can find out what is wrong with your dog, and she can be treated and get better soon. :heartbeat:

BA, I think we can all relate to your description of the friend that followed you out of the meeting. I felt like it could have been me. I hope that he got the support he needed from the interaction and he got the strength to keep going and maybe a different way of thinking about things. You seem to have a knack for reframing and shifting perception that can be very helpful. You might consider volunteering in the field of recovery some day in the future.

Another 24 please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:59am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope everything is okay with your pooch [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]...

What was the result of Mr J's test [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? Hopefully came out negative!

I've never heard of anyone trying hypnotherapy [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. However there are supposed to be some hypnotherapy tapes or cd's associated with the MWO site.

Great pic [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], nice to capture nature in all it's splendor!

Hopefully that fellow soon realizes that sobriety is so much more than just not drinking [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. And just being there for someone for him to talk to will be a big help!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Great pic QW. Thanks for sharing. Techie, hope your pup is ok? Wishing everyone a good day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the kind words about my pelican pic. As I’ve found over the years it’s often a matter of being in the right place at the right time. I took 50 pictures that day and there are 2 worth keeping, a good average. In this digital world, it’s so much easier, and cheaper, than processing film.
                            I’m hoping to capture some wildlife and mountain scenery next week in Canmore. Can’t wait!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and photographers. Our doggie is home. She has bad arthritis in spine. We will begin giving her an anti inflammatory. I though we were going to lose her. So, with love in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], very glad doggie is OK. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I appreciate the encouragement. It describes me as well at times. Nothing is linear for me, some days are better than others, but I can glimpse and sometimes grasp the beauty of this life in a way that keeps me hopeful, grateful, and moving forward. Progress, not perfection.

I am currently sitting in the waiting room of the Chevy dealership. The saga so far: I bought my Chevy truck from a Ford dealership a year or so ago. I am not one who is a die-hard brand fanatic, but I liked the looks and bought the truck. I took it to the same Ford dealership for the first couple of services, but the 35k mile service is a big one and I figured I should take it to a Chevy dealership because, you know, its a Chevy. So I did. The 35k service included a full alignment, it took them 4 hours to service my truck, cost me about $500 all said and done. They handed my keys back to me and told me that they had a lot of trouble with the alignment and also could not get my tire pressure sensors to hook back up to the on board computer. What could I do but grab my keys and leave (after paying of course). First off, as soon as I hit the highway I notice a hard pull to the left. I brought it in with fine alignment, and left with a hard pull. Not good. They were also not kidding about the tire pressure sensors, they registered as "NA" on my display. So, I paid my local alignment shop to realign, and after visiting 5 wheel / tire shops I finally found someone who could make the sensors work again. About a week ago I noticed a shimmy as I hit certain speeds, and it coincided with finding a fairly significant wheel weight in my driveway. I could see that the sticky on the back had been doubled over on itself and was barely adhered when they balanced my tires. So, I brought it back to the Chevy dealership, told them I paid out of pocket to fix the issues they left me with last time, and showed them the wheel weight. I didn't tell them I wanted a free rebalance, but it was a test. We will see if they charge me or not when I leave. It's a test....

OK, novel over. On to another day and another humble request for 24 hours. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Comment

Working...
                                X