~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Techie, glad your pup can be helped with meds.

BigAl, that's quite a story!

Jude, I'll look for the mwo hypnotherapy version. I figure another tool in the toolbox can't hurt!

Grandkid duty calls. Good to be clear headed! I'll take 24 more days of freedom.

Comment

Cowboy, Mr. J's covid test came back negative, but he's going to do another one today, as he is still sick. Several people have said that when they tested themselves it took 2 or 3 times to show up positive. We shall see...

Techie, hope that the anti-inflamatories give your pup some relief! It's so hard to watch an animal in pain. They can't tell us where they hurt, and have to suffer in silence.

Great pic QW! Looking forward to seeing more of them!

That stinks about your truck BigAl. I hope that the service department doesn't have the audacity to charge you for fixing their mistakes.

I'm in for another booze free 24 hours.

Comment

4:51am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's a cake day today! Huge congrats going out to

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully your truck is fixed right this time [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] and didn't cost you any extra! It's been over a month now without my truck and still no sign of the parts ordered. The loaner truck they gave me is in bad need of a wheel balance as well along with a few other minor repairs needed so I'm keeping a list to give them when I take it in for service.

Comment

Jude, I'm sorry Mr. J is still feeling so poorly. I hope he gets well soon. What are his symptoms and are they severe?

We took our cat to the vet yesterday because he has several bare patches, and some are seepy. The vet thinks it is an allergy and gave him a steroid shot and an antibiotic shot. Hope it does the trick! It sure is expensive to own a pet these days. That visit was $123 and I have to take him back for a follow-up in 3 weeks! Here's Pumpkin:

24 more for us all, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross-posted, Cowboy! Wow! I can't believe you still have the loaner. This supply chain issue is really a pain. I hope you get some good news soon on that part.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe and happy 12th anniversary Techie! Glad you dog is feeling better. My dog also has that and was on an anti inflammatory. He also gets a prescription chew called Dasuquin and seems to be doing much better for a 12 year old dog. Big Al, thats quite a story. What a headache! Dill, hope Pumpkin gets better soon. Pets are very expensive. I’m pretty sure this will be my last dog. It’s very hard to travel and kennel bills are out of sight for a dog/cat. Anyway tomorrow I fly north to see my grandkids. Looking forward to it but also kind of dreading all the drama that goes along with my family. Moving away has lessened that but going back brings up new anxiety. I will not drink no matter what. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Huge Congrats on 12 years Techie! You’re an inspiration to us!

Big Al & Cowboy, unbelievable vehicle (lack of) service experiences. It has to be so frustrating but at least you’re dealing with it alcohol free.

Sounds like you’re well prepared for the family drama on your trip north Rava. Haven’t seen my brother and his family in 5 years in part because they are all heavy drinkers. And they haven’t made an effort to visit us which is OK with me.

I really miss having a pet but I don’t miss the vet or boarding costs! Techie, glad you have a solution for your pup’s aches and pains. Ginger, how’s Ginger doing?

Too much like winter to walk outdoors today. Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! It sure looks like spring here. We have an abundance of Bradford Pear? Flowering Dogwood? I'm not 100% sure what they are, but our little town is full of them. Between them and the redbuds it's beautiful to drive around. I feel bad for the allergy sufferers..
                      [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], congratulations on 12 years. What an accomplishment, and what an inspiration (everyone on this thread is).
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], your cat looks pricey

The shop did not charge me and they "road balanced" my wheels and tires. Not sure what that means, but the service guy presented it as him going above and beyond in order to make up for their prior mistakes. It's the thought that counts. It did ride much better on the way home.

I will gratefully and humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Well.... winter has returned to the Pacific Northwest. Seems it will stay a few days.

Congrats, Techie. Twelve years of freedom. Awesome.

Ginger is on dosaquin 2x a day too, Rava. She also takes a few other things resulting in $75+ a month. If it were just up to me, I'd let her go but it's not, so we wait. I won't even tell you how much we've invested in her health care.

I'll gladly take 24 more!

Comment

I was editing some photos and thought I’d share this seagull image. Sadly the pic I caught of the seagull with the fish wasn’t perfectly in focus.

Mulberry, if you see this, when I lived in Vancouver, we called these things sh*thawks. Do they still?

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. We’ll, here I am 12 years later and a much happier person in the process. I am extremely grateful for all the support of my MWO tribe. So, I gratefully accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Great pic QW, around here we call them "sky rats".

Hope that your kitty is feeling better dill. No one has to tell me how expensive pets are. With 3 dogs and 4 cats, our vet bills are crazy, and that's just for routine health care! Wish that I could claim them on our taxes.

Congrats on 12 years [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! Your an inspiration to us all!

60° here this morning, and I'm sitting on my back porch listening to the peepers and the gentle flow of the creek. What a magical morning. So grateful to be unhung and able to appreciate all that life has to offer.

Looking forward to another sober day...

Comment

4:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X