No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter has pretty much returned here as well, no snow but the temps are well below freezing and stay below freezing all day. It's been a crazy winter for sure!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We have an elderly couple living next to us. Both are in need of nursing home care and will shortly have to move. This couple has a son, daughter and grandkids close by yet they rarely visit and appear to help very little. It’s so sad to see them struggling with day to day activities, knowing that family could make their lives easier.

Jude, I hadn’t heard seagulls called “sky rats” before. Upstate New Yorkers are much more polite than we are!! Any other nicknames for seagulls, Cafe friends?

Mrs QW’s brother and sil are in Calgary this week and came for a visit last evening. Ever nice to have company after 2 years of Covid restrictions.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning from the airport. Just starting the first leg of my trip. Looking forward to seeing my grandkids. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Rava, you fly frequently? Not sure I could do that. Airports kinda freak me out. Enjoy your babies. What are their ages?

BigAl, glad your truck is fixed. What a pain!

QW, I think seagulls are beautiful birds albeit I've heard them referred to as flying rats.

I'm grateful to be here and happily ask for another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Off to CrossFit which can be brutal but I love it. Nine holes of golf at 2:30 if we don’t get rained out. So, with gratitude in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Last edited by techie; April 14, 2022, 10:34 AM.
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Congrats on 12 years, Techie! What an achievement!

I've only ever heard seagulls called seagulls!

Enjoy those grandkids, Rava!

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

After a brief respite from winter yesterday, it looks like our luck is running out. The forecast for Easter Sunday is snow. Not a lot, but still...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Yikes snow on Easter is not right!! Hope the forecasters are wrong. Ginger 2 of the grands are 5 and 6 and older one is 16. We have a blended family and Im here to see my grandkids. Mr. R’s grandkids live a little further away. We will see them when we rent up north for 2 months this summer. I just wanted to get some grand ma time in since I moved south. I don’t want to be a stranger to them. Have a busy day scheduled Walmart shopping then dying eggs. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. No booze in my future. Another 24 for me please and thank you. PS Ginger, the only way for me to see them is to fly. I don’t particularly like it but driving to me is much more dangerous with all the traffic……
                  Last edited by Rava; April 15, 2022, 06:01 AM.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Enjoy the grandkids [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], they grow up so fast! I remember going back home for Easter and having all my nieces and nephews come over to color Easter eggs with my kids. Now those nieces and nephews have kids of their own!

Starting a 5 day weekend today! Our second oldest daughter is flying in from Vancouver to spend Easter so their will be lots of family visiting going on. And my Easter is going to be even better as the dealership called yesterday with the news that the parts on backorder will be here Tuesday or Wednesday so I'll have my truck back towards the end of next week!

Comment

Happy AF Friday everyone!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A 5 day weekend Cowboy, sounds like a taste of retirement! Enjoy the family time. Glad you’re getting your truck back next week.

So nice you get to have Grandma time with your grandkids Rava. I find that time stands still when the grandkids are around, even if they are beating me at Chess, Sorry or a video game.

I love flying. I even like what passes for meals on planes these days because it means I’m going somewhere. There are still challenges with boarding a flight these days with Covid and safety protocols and I especially despise the hurry up and wait required, especially for international flights. One time flying to LA we were told we had to be at the airport 3 hours ahead of an 8AM flight. We were there an hour before the check-in counter even opened. When I pointed that out to the agent, she laughed and said yeah, it is ridiculous isn’t it. Huh.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava, enjoy those babies!! I kinda take for granted that mine live minutes away. Another "count my blessing" moment.

I'm helping my little sister sign up for social security today! What!? How'd that happen? Lol

May we all have an enjoyable Easter weekend free from the chains of AL. I'll get to see my great grandson! I'll gladly and thankfully take 24 more.

Comment

Oh my, Ginger! Where on earth does the time go?!!

Cowboy, finally! I'm glad there is light at the end of the tunnel for you! I bet you can't wait to get back in the saddle!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and long weekends. Super busy this Good Friday. So with deep gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X