~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe Friends! Good news on the truck cowboy, I know I would be ready to have mine back.

I thoroughly enjoy the flying part of flying. I absolutely despise the airport and being herded around.

Lazy day today, finishing up some light work on a project deliverable and then will most likely help with the planter conversions from beans to corn. It's going to be a nice day here, I may take the motorcycle for a cruise.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Glad that you're going to get your truck back soon cowboy. I'm sure that you missed it! Enjoy your 5 day mini-reiirement!

I really dislike flying. So glad that I don't have to do it very often!

I'm in for another 24!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
        I thoroughly enjoy the flying part of flying. I absolutely despise the airport and being herded around.
        Amen to that, BA!

Who was it that said, "April is the cruelest month"? They had it right! You get a day here and a day there that are wonderful weather-wise. But then it's either cold or rain or even snow!

The chicks are 2 weeks old and thriving. They're growing some feathers on the wings but are still mostly downy. It's going to be at least 4-6 more weeks before they can be transfered from the brooder to the coop. The parts of the coop are made and painted but not assembled yet.

24 more please for all of us here.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I’m having a great time with the grands. Im in a blended marriage so this is my time to see and spend some time with my grands. I love them all but this time is special for me. Mr. R stayed back and we will both go back north this summer for a few months, staying near all the grands. So today I am grateful for my sobriety and ability to enjoy my family. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Happy Easter tomorrow!

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]wogg [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I sent the seagull photo I recently posted here to a friend of mine who is an accomplished photographer for his opinion. His comment was “Wow, great shot! You did an amazing job hand holding the camera and telephoto lens steady. Well done”.
              Ginger, you’re right, seagulls are a pretty bird to look at, and photograph.

After a few days of winter-like weather, warmer temps are returning, starting today. Yay! It’s so much nicer, and safer, walking on dry sidewalks.

While our son, dil and grandkids are enjoying a week in Mexico, we’re looking in on their house. Our family is having a great time according to our son and the pictures he’s sent us proves that. The grandkids spend most days in the pool and collapse into bed at night.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rough day/night last night. Ginger has developed tremors and they freak her out. The doc says it's just muscle loss and the gabapentin does nothing for her. She gets so anxious that she can't rest. It's time but hubby just can't wrap his head around losing her. Keep them both in your thoughts, please.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter and enjoy your families. We will be spending it with a large group of our peeps.

With a heavy heart, I'm in for another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and HUGS to Ginger. It is a rainy and cold day here. I fell on a run this morning but was able to get myself home. Large bruise on right hip. Once the rain stops I’ll get in the hot tub. So, with appreciation for my body and love in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Easter blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sorry about your pup Ginger. I hope that you can convince your hubby that it's time to let go. When an animal's quality of life deteriorates to where they are in pain or very stressed, euthanasia is the kindest option. Hugs to you both.

Glad that you are enjoying the grandkids Rava! Think of all the moments that you would miss if you were still drinking.

Sorry to hear about your fall techie, and I hope that you are OK.

Happy Easter cafe!

Looking forward to another 24 hours and thank you very much!

Comment

4:54am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's time for breakfast, Happy Easter everyone!

Comment

Good morning and Happy Easter. Ginger, I feel so bad for your dilemma. We went through this too and after we had our dog euthanized, my thoughts were I wish I had done it sooner. It was completely peaceful and the vets office was so caring and supportive. On a lighter note I hope everyone has a good Easter Sunday. Today is my last day up north and I need to leave here tomorrow morning at 4 am to drive to the airport. Definitely not looking forward to that. I will definitely miss the grands but will be back in less than 2 months for part of the summer. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Hi to everyone on here. Beautiful Easter breakfast buffet. Thanks Cowboy!!!!
                          Last edited by Rava; April 17, 2022, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Ginger [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], sometimes letting go is the hardest, but best thing to do...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Excellent breakfast Cowboy!

Techie, I hope the effects of your fall aren’t too severe and don’t impact your many activities.

Ginger, we’ve had to put down two beloved furry friends and it’s the hardest thing we’ve had to do. In both cases, we knew they weren’t going to get better and we didn’t want them to suffer needlessly. When Kristie passed 8 years ago, the staff at our vet’s office could not have been kinder. Her passing was very peaceful. And, as hard as it was for us, it was a kindness for Kristie.
                              Sending big hugs your way.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sorry Ginger Happy AF Easter everyone!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X