~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Easter, everyone. We have a family gathering but I think hubby will take a pass and stay home with Ginger.

Yesterday, we took Ginger for a long drive. One of her favorite things to do. Toward the end the agitation had started and she was frantic. We have a vet coming to the house next week and Julie will take her with her to be cremated. We will pick up her ashes when they are ready. We are numb.

Techie, sorry about the fall. Hope you bounce back after a soak.

I will not drink! 24 more.

Comment

Happy Easter Cafe Friends! [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I'm very sorry you have to go through this.

As for me, I just keep on living as well as I can.

I hope everyone enjoys their day and 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Happy Easter. I’m ok this morning just a bit sore. I will golf tomorrow so that’s a good thing. So, with thoughts of egg hunts long past, I accept another twenty four. I wish all the best Easter Sunday possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy Easter, Everybody! Thanks for that awesome holiday breakfast, Cowboy!

Ginger, so sorry for what you are going thru. It's the price we pay for all the blessings they bring. The pain is worth it, but it doesn't feel like it right now, I'm sure.

Rava, so glad you had a great visit with the grands!

Techie, glad you are feeling ok after your fall. I'm glad it wasn't more serious.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Ginger, I know what a tough decision you have made, but in the end it's the kindest thing to do...hugs.

I'm in for another 24 hours.

Comment

Easter Sunday was busy and fun. We had a dinner of ham, mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans from last year's garden. Other fixin's too. Then a scavenger hunt and then clean up. After all that, the party moved over to my son's place to finish the chicken coop project. Our granddaughter is tickled pink with it and our grandson learned a few carpentry skills along the way. He was proud of his accomplishments. How did you all spend Easter Sunday?

Have a good Monday everyone and let's all have an af 24!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's tough to let go of our beloved pets [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], even when it's the best thing for them. We moved a kitchen bureau from downstairs and put it where Hank's food station was. His ashes sit on top of it right in the middle. He's with us everyday and in his favorite spot, the kitchen lol.

It was an uneventful Easter for us other than that Brandie got here from Adam and Darcie's around 1. Bubba brought her mom over after Church in the morning as she always does on Sunday so it was the 4 of us for a turkey with all the trimmings meal. Lots of visiting and joking with laughter and smiles all around. Brandie is with us again today and I'll take her into Edmonton to catch her flight home Tuesday morning.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We enjoyed a quiet day (really quiet because the grandkids are away) and enjoyed a fine meal of roast beef, veggies, salad and blueberry crisp.

We’re off to Canmore tomorrow for a few days and it looks like lots of precipitation awaits. I don’t particularly care because it will just be nice to get out of the city and close to the mountains.

Thinking about you Ginger.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Ginger took a turn yesterday and we ended up in the ER for euthanasia. They were very kind and gave us all the time we needed to sit and tell her how much we loved her and what a great dog she was. She left us quietly and we stayed longer and just petted her resting body. We will get her ashes and paw print back in a couple weeks. So that was our Easter. We canceled our plans with family and they all understood.

Soooo that's the end of a good dogs run! For my MWO friends on Facebook, I posted a couple videos of Ginger and her beastie Dottie romping together. I'm thankful I'm not a drinker because this would have given me an excuse to get sh## faced! I'll take another 24!

Love you guys!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and loving prayers and light to Ginger. I accept another twenty four with deep gratitude. Off to golf. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends.
                          I have hit my 8 year milestone, OH YEAH!!

It is so nice to be sober and hangover free.

Sorry about your dog, Ginger, that is always hard. xo
                          Cowboy- I remember you talking about Hank. My dog, Elvis, had to be euthanized last year also. He was kind of a jerk but I loved him and still miss him.

Have a great sober day everyone!
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends. [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I'm sorry, my heart goes out to you.

Easter for us was spent in the traditional way. I made creamed eggs, a huge batch, for everyone. We do it every single year.

Another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Congrats on 8 years [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION]! I'm sure that it hasn't been easy, but you stuck it out! :thumbsup:

Ginger, I'm so sorry about your four-legged friend. I saw your post on FB, and Ginger looked like she was having a blast in the water. I hope that you can remember her in this way, and not dwell on how she was these past few months. :hug:

Easter was pretty quiet around here, as it was just Mr. J and I for dinner. We had ham, mashed potatoes, honey ginger carrots. Yum!

It's snowing hard here, and we're expecting 6-12 inches. It's a heavy, wet snow and I suspect that it will melt quickly.

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Ginger, my heart is with you and Mr. G.

It was fun hearing about all the ways my Cafe family spent the Easter holiday. BigAl, I too make creamed eggs but usually a day or so after. Itt's a great way to use up all those colored eggs. I'm planning on making some today for breakfast, with a little left-over ham in them.

Narilly, huge congrats on your 8 years!! Thanks for popping in to the cafe to share the news.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X