~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Ginger, I’m thinking of you and so sorry for your loss. Sounds like Ginger had a good life. I got home yesterday from my visit up north. Traveling is not pleasant. On the last leg of my trip we all boarded the plane only to hear that they were having a maintenance issue. We literally sat in our seats while they tried to repair it. After about an hour we were cleared to take off and the plane started to leave only to return to the gate with another maintenance issue. After 3 hours of sitting in our seats we had to get out and they had to find another plane. I was glad to get off the problem plane actually. Didn't seem safe to me. Long Long travel day. So glad to be home. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's great to see you again [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], congratulations on those 8 years!

I've been in that situation before with plane troubles as well [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], definitely an unsettling experience! Glad you got home safe!

Of course today when I have to take Brandie to the airport is has to be snowing and blowing! Don't think the roads will be bad, more what the visibility will be like. We'll be checking to see the status of her flight before we head out later this morning. We're not supposed to get near the amount of snow as you though [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Congrats on 8 years of being af Narilly! Great to see you drop into the Cafe.

That’s a lot of snow for this time of year Jude. Hope it does melt quickly.
          We’re to get rain, snow and wintry mix for the next few days. I’ll just be glad to be close to the mountains and enjoying Canmore.

We learned that our elderly neighbour passed away the other day, age 92. He was suffering from dementia and other illnesses and really should have been in an assisted living facility a long time ago. He had fallen several times and his wife was unable to pick him up so there were frequent ambulance visits and calls to neighbours to help.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, are these the neighbors you mentioned the other day? The ones with family that don't visit much? If so, maybe they'll have to get the wife help now.

Rava, you just described my worse nightmare! I hope they comped you something for your trouble. So glad you got home safely.

[MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], congrats on eight years! Any words of wisdom for those of us that still slip occasionally?

Cold (33f) but clear. I can see both Rainier and Adams and the range between. Just glorious, drinking coffee and enjoying this beautiful view from my recliner.

Counting my blessings. Love my Cafe friends. Thank you all for your condolences. Each day will get better. This is another "one day at a time" moment. 24 more!!

Comment

Another 24 please!

Thank you for your kind words everyone.
              Ginger, as far as words of wisdom go, there are many things that stuck with me through reading and learning with MWO and someone gave me this advice once: "think of those drinking thoughts as clouds in the sky, just let them float by and do not grab on to them. Pretty soon the thought is gone." This has really worked for me, it stops me from obsessing about drinking.
              Also, I have written about three times where I have drank and it ended badly, I keep this in my phone. If I start thinking I should be able to drink again I read the stories I have in my phone and that is a great reminder about why I do not drink.

One day at a time is right!

Have a good one everybody.
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends! As I read through the posts it appears we are all living our life, as am I. Thankfully sober.

I will humbly ask for another 24 hours please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning cafe!

I'm in for another 24 hours!

Comment

Good morning. Congrats Narilly on 8 years and thanks also for sharing about the clouds. I am going to add that to my list of things. Cravings are ridiculous and that idea appeals to me! Ginger, glad you are doing better. Each day hopefully will get better! As far as the airplane ride home there are no comps. They say we’re sorry about the delays. For me its still better than an 18 hour drive. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Narilly, thanks for that suggestion you passed along. It sounds like a good one!

Glad you made it home safe and sound, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. What a mess!

24 more for me too!
                      Last edited by dill; April 20, 2022, 05:56 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

So sad to hear about your neighbor [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. Maybe it will wake up the kids and do something for their mom now that the dad is gone!

Brandie is safely back in Vancouver and I managed to get in a Costco run and get back to Veg before the worst of the snow hit. It's a winter wonderland out there this morning, but it won't last long with the daytime temps getting above freezing each day. Off to work today, hard to believe my 5 days off went by so quickly!

Comment

Happy AF Wednesday everyone!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24hours please & thank you.

Yes Ginger the neighbour who passed is the one I mentioned recently. We saw their daughter yesterday, first time. Today is the celebration of his life.

We made it to Canmore yesterday although we considered turning around and going home due to snow, icy roads and high winds. We were glad to get here safely and saw last evening on the news that several roads in and around Calgary were closed due to the storm.
                              Sadly, we’re not likely to see much scenery while we’re here. Too bad because the mountains are spectacular. Regardless, it’s just nice to be out of the city.

I was looking forward to experimenting with some new camera gear this trip but may not get the opportunity.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], I'll add those two ideas to my toolbox. Very helpful. Thanks!

QW, sorry about your weather but like you said, it's nice to be out of the city.

Rava, bummer. I was hoping you got something for your trouble. I love driving cross country and taking different routes. I was a Gipsy in a past life!

Spent the day with my granddaughter and her baby. It was balm to my grieving "pup mom" heart.

Made plans yesterday to hike in Mt. Rainier NP as soon as weather permits. It will be wonderful to get back on the trail. It's been a year!!

I'll take another 24 of freedom!

Comment

Working...
                                X