X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please.
    You are welcome Ginger xo

Yeah, big dump of snow in Calgary AND someone cut off our catalytic converter last night. Jerks!

Otherwise it is going to be a beautiful day- grateful to be sober.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

[MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], that's a bummer about about someone stealing your catalytic converter. I've heard that it's becoming a common thing these days. You are right, they are jerks!

Thinking of you Ginger...

I'd gladly accept another 24 hours.

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and happy Thursday. Wishing everyone a good and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Sorry the weather isn't cooperating with your getaway [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but as you said, it's nice to get away anyway!

Seems like every week someone's catalytic converter gets stolen in Vegreville as well [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION]. I think I read somewhere that it's what's inside them that is valuable. For what, I have no idea lol.

Enjoy your time with your great grandbaby [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], it's definitely a good way to heal your heart!

They told me my truck would be ready to go the end of this week and I sure hope it is! On the way back from my job I noticed a funny noise in the rear driver's side wheel, kind of a grinding noise. When I got to the house and checked it, there was a funny smell and the rotor and rim were extremely hot. I'm guessing a seized caliper or an axle bearing. The truck is a 2010 with 230,000km (143,000 miles) on it so there are bound to be troubles sooner or later. I'm going to unload everything of mine in it, wash it, fuel it up, and take it back to the dealer. I don't trust it for the 3 hour round trip to and from the jobsite. I'll have to call the customer this morning and explain to him why I won't be on the job today.
            Last edited by abcowboy; April 21, 2022, 06:50 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

In spite of a wet forecast, the sun did shine yesterday while we were walking a trail in Canmore. Thought I’d share this image. Sorry, not sure why the image is sideways and I can’t figure out how to rotate it.

Another day of touring the area is planned. Canmore is home to some wonderful small businesses so there will likely be some retail therapy happen before we head home tomorrow.

Narilly, that sucks about having your catalytic converter stolen. Sadly there’s a lot of these thefts going on. Hopefully police will be able to catch not only the thieves but also whoever is buying them.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; April 21, 2022, 08:25 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Catalytic converter theft is a big thing here too! There are signs advertising jobs on every corner yet those a-holes would rather steal than work. Hope there's karma coming there way!

ABC, hope your truck is back when they say it is!

QW, that area is beautiful. Yay! Sun! Have fun shopping and supporting small business. I love that.

Spent the afternoon with my youngest granddaughter yesterday. More balm for my soul!

I'll gladly take 24 more days of AF freedom. Love you guys!

Comment

Thanks for that photo, QW. I can see how just being in such a heavenly place would be good for your souls!

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and trekkers. Will read back later as I have a long drive home today. I met with publisher in LA yesterday. So, with all my bits crossed for a book deal, and lots of gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

What a gorgeous photo QW! Thanks for sharing!

Not much happening around here, but the last time I checked, my catalytic converter was still in place!

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I am so out of touch with cars I don't even know what a catalytic converter is. I will have to refresh my brain and look it up. Another beautiful day in paradise but we really need rain bad. Never thought I would say that I look forward to rain but at this point we need it. Sorry about your weather QW but your picture is beautiful! Good luck on your book deal Techie. That’s really exciting! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.
                        Last edited by Rava; April 22, 2022, 06:11 AM.

Comment

I'll crosse a few fingers for you and the book deal too, Techie!

All quiet on the southwestern Ohio front. Grateful for the peace and another 24.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I was curious so, quick bing search turned up the following basic info on the catalytic converter:

"Thefts of catalytic converters are on the rise. This part of your vehicle’s exhaust system contains valuable metals and can be removed in less than two minutes. Once stolen, it can cost thousands of dollars to replace. This crime affects commercial and personal vehicles." -Howard County Maryland.gov

" As the value of the precious metals contained within the catalytic converters continues to increase, so do the number of thefts of these devices. There is a clear connection between times of crisis, limited resources, and disruption of the supply chain that drives investors towards these precious metals.” -National Insurance Crime Bureau
                              Dill

Comment

That is definitely some gorgeous scenery [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

Good luck on the book deal [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], and hope you made it home safe and sound!

Thanks for the info [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I wonder what the precious metals are used for? I'm wondering if they steal them to get at the precious metals or to sell as a complete unit on the black market?

Going to be a day of sitting around for me, reciting the Serenity Prayer and waiting for the phone to ring lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X