No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see you use Bing for searches [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Do you know what Bing stands for? But It's Not Google! lol.
    Last edited by abcowboy; April 22, 2022, 06:38 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had a great adventure yesterday, driving a high mountain pass and seeing some amazing scenery. I’ll post some pics once uploaded and edited.
      I drive a Jeep that has 4WD and good snow tires. We encountered narrow sections of road and lots of snow. There were a few white knuckle moments but we made it safely. To my amazement, we met a motor home headed up to the pass. I wonder how he made out. Hope he didn’t get stuck but I can’t help but think he was an absolute hazard to be on that road in those conditions. This road has little traffic this time of year and there is no cell reception.
      As my mil was fond of saying, “you can’t save people from themselves”.

Time to go home today after a great escape. Canmore is a special place!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Off to help my sister clean now that her remodel is complete. It will be great to hang with both my sisters for the day. Bonus.... she has two dogs I can love on too.

I slipped last night with hubby. Had two drinks. Cant help but think, this would sure be easier if it wasn't right in my face all the time. Not beating myself up, just being accountable to my Cafe peeps. Back on the wagon now! I'll take 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I have heard about catalytic converter thefts on the rise where I am at as well. It's funny to me, back before there were computers and sensors that monitored airflow, we would cut the catalytic converters out and throw them away. These days the loss of that exhaust component would send your on-board computer into a meltdown.

I'm grateful to spend another day with a clear head and I will humbly ask for 24 more please and thanks. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

Comment

Another 24 please.
            Our catalytic converter was stolen on Tuesday night during a HUGE snowstorm. Those jerks! Now we are having to juggle everthing with one car while we wait to get it fixed.

It is snowing again here- hopefully this will be the last of it before spring actually is allowed to arrive

Have a good one everyone. Hang in there Ginger- thanks for being accountable. Persistence is the key.

xo- Don't drink today.
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Sorry about your slip Ginger, but at least you stopped at 2. I would never be able to do that!

Congrats on the book deal techie, just curious as to the subject matter.

Looking forward to another booze free day, and grateful for it!

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Sorry about your slip Ginger but I appreciate your honesty. That’s why we are here to be accountable to each other. Glad you have a good day planned cleaning with your sisters. QW glad you made it safely home after that snowy drive. Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Keep on keeping on [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], one day it won't matter if it's in your face or not...

I got my truck back yesterday!!! Can you tell I'm one happy fella!!! You know, things aren't really all that bad if you put things in perspective. I learned last night that our neighbor 2 doors down had his brand spanking new Dodge Ram truck stolen Tuesday night from right beside the house! He didn't hear a thing but the neighbor across the street heard something and got up to check what woke him up and saw the thieves pull away towing Mike's truck and phoned the RCMP. They found it Wednesday afternoon on a gravel road south of town completely stripped and sitting on blocks. Now he gets to deal with an insurance company and then find a replacement. My 6 weeks without my truck doesn't seem so bad after all...

Comment

Happy AF Saturday all!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We made it home yesterday after more white knuckle driving through a blizzard that wasn’t forecast. We were so fortunate to have had good weather for the 2 full days we were in Canmore. Funny how some drivers can still exceed the speed limit of 110kms/hr, 68mph, driving in slush and snow while the rest of us drive to the conditions.

Ginger, I appreciate your honesty and accountability to your Cafe friends. I wish I could stop at 2 drinks but know I couldn’t.

Glad you finally got your truck back Cowboy. I forgot how long you’d been without your office!

Techie, hope your book deal happens!

Have a great af Saturday everyone. I’m going to upload and edit photos from our Canmore escape today.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Beautiful Day here! I'll be outside for most of it I believe.

Cowboy, I had my search engine set up for duck, duck, go but I guess Microsoft updated itself and put Bing back! LOL At least it's Google.

Ginger, I don't know how you manage your quit so well when the stuff is right there in your house! I could not do it, nor would I stop at 2! Don't be too hard on yourself, but do get right back on track.

24 for all of us please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Busy busy busy. So, with deep gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends. Busy day today. The boy and I spent the morning working on the Bronco and now I'm off to the store to grab some ingredients for dinner. I planted my herbs this afternoon as the weather looks fairly nice for the next 10 days.

Another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                                I am so out of touch with cars I don't even know what a catalytic converter is.
                                Hahaha, I'm in the exact same boat. My parents car wouldn't start this morning and it took me 20 minutes just to figure out how to open the hood.

Comment

Working...
                                X