~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I slipped yesterday and knew exactly what I was doing. Thought it thru and still did it. I’m not hung over today but definitely know that I do not want to continue in that pattern. So today I will remain sober and not dwell on my stupidity. I will gladly take 24 more. Please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, I’ve been to Australia twice and if they drove on the right side of the road, it would be perfect! The people are wonderful and I admire their philosophy of working for the weekend and holidays. Sadly I spent too many weekends working and in one job, even though I had 5 weeks vacation entitlement, was told I could only take one week at a time.
      And if you want to watch a great sport, Aussie Rules Football is it. Talk about tough players!

One of my hockey idols passed last week, aged 70. Guy Lafleur was an amazing talent and after retirement, a wonderful ambassador for his team, the Montreal Canadiens, and the sport of hockey. Last evening at the Bell Centre in Montreal, before the start of a game between Montreal and Boston, the fans gave him a 17 minute standing ovation. Twice the announcer tried to quiet the crowd so the game could start but the crowd just continued cheering.

Off for a walk. Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wow! QW, that was quite a standing "O". He must have been an amazing man.

Rava, you are my people. I'm glad you are back at it today. Let it stay in the past! I'm enjoying the hypnotherapy sessions on stopping alcohol consumption. I listen before bed and normally fall asleep toward the end but I wake up with a different attitude, a renewed conviction. Maybe it's just all in my illhead 😛😜🤣🤣🤣

Off to the dentist at 7a. What was I thinking when I made that appt?

Waves to all my Cafe buds! 24 more please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Guy Lafleur fans. Off to Monday golf. So, with birdies and pars in my thoughts, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I appreciate your honesty regarding your slip the other day. Just keep coming back here amongst your friends, and put it behind you. The brief moment of "feeling good" after the first couple of drinks is just not worth the hangovers that follow the next day. Stay strong and never give up!

The tree frogs are quite vocal this morning as it's the mating season. Lots of racket out there, but I love hearing them.

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

4:57am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You'll get there one day [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], don't give up, ever!

I'll be getting up early this week to try and get that reno finished before seeding starts sometime next week. I should basically finish up this week except for a bit of work to complete once the cabinets are completely installed. with the 3 hour back and forth driving time, I was only actually working 5 - 6 hours on the job so I figured I'd better get in more time actually working! It's also a good way to get my body (and mind) used to the early mornings and long days.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning all and thanks for the encouraging comments. I do not ever want to go back to the life of feeling like I had to drink to live and be happy. I have gone long enough without booze to know that I don’t need it in my life. Today is my volunteer day and I welcome it with a clear mind. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was warm enough to sit out on our balcony yesterday for a couple of hours. Looking forward to spending a lot of time there this summer. Plus, the lady who cleans our condo was here at the time so she didn’t have to clean around us. Not that we’re messy, but having the condo professionally cleaned on a regular basis is some of the best money we spend.

Cafe friends may remember that I recently posted a photo I had taken of a seagull. I sent that photo to a buddy of mine and he wrote back and said nice fish. Sure enough, in the bottom of the frame is a fish. As the photographer, I was embarrassed that I hadn’t spotted the fish so I told him the picture was of the fish, the seagull just happened to fly into the frame!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supp. Early morning run was wonderful. Off to appointments today. Do, with a busy day and grateful heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QW, I had to go back and search for the fish in that pic! Wow, on my phone, it was like finding "where's Waldo". Nice catch, photographically speaking! ;~)

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], can you post the link to the photo uploading site or point me to it? Some how I lost it.

Off to help my Auntie, then walk with my sister and both our grand-dogs. Spring has re-sprung here after the late winter weather. Yay!

Hi to all my Cafe buddies. I'll gladly enjoy another day of freedom!

Comment

We have had a nice run of warm days but today we were thrown back into the chill. Tonight, will be even worse. Frost warnings are in the forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday mornings. It feels like a setback, but it's only temporary!

The toads were out in full force over the weekend Jude, trilling to their hearts content! I heard some tree frogs too, but not as many.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you. Enjoy a hangover-free morning tomorrow, frost or no frost!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I am typing this post as I listen to a training video for work. It's a recording of a live event and VERY slow.

Not much going on in my world other than just living, balancing, finding gratitude instead of resentment. Its all I can do.

I will humbly as for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

QW, I didn't even notice the fish in your photo of the seagull. Another of nature's photo bombs I guess.

Rain and snow in the forecast today. Yuck! So looking forward to Spring of it ever decides to make an appearance.

I'm in for another 24!
                              Last edited by Jude58; April 27, 2022, 02:29 AM.

Comment

4:56am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X