~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I just mean the regular posters,its no big deal I was just trying to count them one day for kicks haha
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

^Yeah, kinda quiet around here.
      Another 24 please (day 6).

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
        There might be that many Pauly, I'll se what I can come up with. I'm not sure how they determine "active members" at the bottom of the main page, maybe [MENTION=9640]Forum Manager[/MENTION] or [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION] could answer that for us?
        State secrets! Just kidding.
        Active members are people who sign in.

Comment

Another 24 for me, too, since I'm here.

Comment

[MENTION=7678]abc[/MENTION]owboy, Maybe we should encourage RJ to write a sequel! It was her wonderful book that got this site going. I think a sequel would bring in some new folks. Some of the members from when the site was in it's beginning stages were such excellent, honest writers, like Doggygirl, Hippie, retteacher. and others. There are current members who have achieved sobriety who used to write really compelling posts early on. But now so many of them are in maintenance stages and support others. I wonder if having an archive revivalist who could manage a thread that reposted excellent posts from time to time?

24 for me, please!
            Last edited by dill; June 28, 2017, 09:54 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I did some research Pauly, and in the last week there have been 58 members who have posted at least 4 times. Of those 58, there have been 44 members who have posted at least 2 times in the last 2 days, and 34 members have made at least 1 post in the last day. More than I would have guessed, but I don't keep up with all the threads....

Careful now [MENTION=9640]Forum Manager[/MENTION], you don't want to give all the State Secrets away lol! But thanks for answering the question so quickly!

I don't know if RJ has much to do with the site anymore dill, there was lots of talk a while back that she had sold the site. I suppose it only stands to reason that the older members move on, once they have some AF years behind them they no longer need daily accountability or support. It's kind of like me just reading in the Nest without posting, there are enough lifer's in there to give support and not much more that I could add to the sound advice they already give.
              Last edited by abcowboy; June 28, 2017, 08:00 PM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was not terribly serious about asking RJ to write a sequel. I was being tongue in cheek with that suggestion. I haven't heard from her in a couple of years on here, now that you mentioned it. I suppose she has sold the site.

I realize that digging out old posts from previous members will not likely help, because there would not be the opportunity to have real time interaction with them. It's the back and forth with others that understand and offer support that is so helpful. But there really were some excellent writers. You too are a gifted poster IMO.

Oh well, back to the drawing board!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 for me, please!
                  "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                  “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

7:42 and 65f on a sunny Thursday morning. 24 more please! Had to pause a minute and double check the date before posting in roll call as the daily counts hadn't started yet. Quiet indeed. There is likely a pattern of ebb and flow throughout the year but I can't say I've noted the pattern. I'll take another 24 please!

“If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

The battles that count aren't the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself - the invisible, inevitable battles inside all of us - that's where it's at.”

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more this way please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=9640]Forum Manager[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I see where you've started the Roll Call today Ory, that thread used to be pages long for any given day! And only 4 or 5 posts in the Nest yesterday?? Hopefully it's just the time of month or year and everyone is busy, but we were never too busy to take some time out for drinking.

This morning's Jesse Owen quote made me realize how we are our own worst enemy, that we let our thoughts dictate so much of what we do. Drinking really is a mind thing isn't it...

Comment

5:19 in Vegas another 24 please Cowboy,I figured it wasn't a very high number of regulars,I think if they can get us higher in the google search somehow (if thats even possible) it would help,mwo has a nice format,isn't too overcrowded and confusing like Soberrecovery, it doesn't look cheap,etc,hey I thought the quit drinking forum you were on shut down? Or did they reopen? Dill,I knew you were joking around haha whatever the case we're here and we're going strong and not going anywhere!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I was talking with my son-in-law about search engine rankings Pauly as that's part of what he does with his business, offers SEO (search engine optimization). He says there's many ways to move a website further up in the ranking, but it usually has to do with how much money you are willing to spend. I've always used Google, I'll have to try Bing and see if it's the same.

The WQD site did shut down, but a few of the members reopened it in Ryver, kind of like what Nurse did when MWO shut down for the upgrades. Ryver is a "chat room" based platform rather than forum/thread format. So each "thread" is actually a chat room. About a month before WQD closed for good I made a substantial donation thinking it might help, but the site still closed, along with my money. That's why I'm a bit gunshy about giving any more donations to online forums.

But you are right, what makes the forum great is the people involved and we'll just keep doing what we're doing and hope that newcomers will like what they see...
                            Last edited by abcowboy; June 29, 2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

One thing is for certain: there is a great big pool of folks out there that need what MWO offers! We just need to find some way to get their attention.

I have not mentioned that I am visiting my daughter in New Orleans. I was very anxious about taking this trip bc she owns a successful wine bar here and I was afraid I would be knocked off course by all the triggers this place presents for me. I'm happy to say that I have done just fine! I did have some wine with her one evening and I did struggle mightily with stopping at just 2, but I did it. The rest of the time I have remained abstinent and I am very happy with that! Today we drive to Baton Rouge to visit with my brother. The visit will be af. He quit drinking 20+ years ago, so drinking will not be an option today! That's a blessing.

I'll take another 24 along with you all and will be very grateful to have it!
                              Last edited by dill; June 29, 2017, 08:27 AM.
                              Dill

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] - good to hear your trip is going well. That sounds like a tempting place to be.
                                It must be hot and humid in New Orleans!

Another 24 please. Day 7 and feeling good.

Comment

Working...
                                X