No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure thing [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], here it is Postimages — free image hosting / image upload
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. QW I never noticed it either. I also agree that spending money on a cleaning crew is good money well spent. I bought two lounger chairs from the thrift shop yesterday that were in prime condition. Now that I have them home I think they are too big for my porch. So I plan on shuffling them around to see how to make it work. Hubby loves them due to comfort. So they may just stay and get put in garage when we have company and put regular patio chairs out. Sounds like too much work but we sit on the patio for about 4 hours a day, reading, etc and they loungers are comfy. Old people issues! LOL. Wishing everyone a safe and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, sitting out on the patio for 4 hours a day reading and whatnot sounds absolutely heavenly! And the comfortable chairs sound like a great addition.

Thanks for the link Cowboy. I'm going to take a look. It seems to me that years ago you shared a link to photo bucket for posting pictures. It worked well, but I haven't used ii in a long time.

24 more for all of us hear, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I have a day of paperwork and research ahead as I look for replacement condo and vehicle insurance. Our current policies expire soon and the silence from the agent we’ve dealt with previously is deafening. I emailed the agent two weeks ago and still await the courtesy of a reply.

Off for a walk before my fun starts.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks, ABC!

QW, we had to find a different insurance company for our AZ 5th wheel because Safeco doesn't insure stationary RVs. Our agent suggested a policy with Progressive and gave us a quote. I did a little research and I could work directly with Progressive and save $100 a year. They were great! I'm not sure we even need an agent in this day and age. Your thoughts?

I'm loving the hypnotherapy sessions. I think they are helping! Hi to everyone. 24 more!

Comment

Ginger, are you going to hypnotherapy sessions with a practitioner or are you using CD's or streaming from the internet? I'm glad to hear you are getting some benefit.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
                One of my hockey idols passed last week, aged 70. Guy Lafleur was an amazing talent and after retirement, a wonderful ambassador for his team, the Montreal Canadiens, and the sport of hockey. Last evening at the Bell Centre in Montreal, before the start of a game between Montreal and Boston, the fans gave him a 17 minute standing ovation. Twice the announcer tried to quiet the crowd so the game could start but the crowd just continued cheering.
                He was a little before my time but I do remember him still playing on the Nordiques at the tail end of his career, right around the time a became a Nords fan (still a fan of the franchise, even after the move, to this day!).

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I'm curious as well about the hypnotherapy. Is it something that's available electronically?

I'm taking my dogs to the vets tomorrow for their routine vaccinations, heartworm tests, ect... Last year it cost me around $1,200. 00 buckaroos. Can't wait to see the bill this year, as I suspect that it will be even higher. Ugh... Thank God I'm not spending money on booze anymore!

Looking forward to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

4:52am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    @Juse58 [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think I remember using Photo Bucket at one time [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but for some reason I switched to Post Images.

Yikes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], that's a vet bill and a half!

I can hardly wait till we get to spend some time sitting out on the deck in our summer chairs [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], unfortunately it won't be anytime soon lol.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, as much as I miss having a dog, I don’t miss vet bills and boarding costs. I never minded these costs when I had a dog but I recall paying over $500 to have Jessie’s teeth cleaned around the same time I paid roughly that amount to have a complete dental checkup, X-rays, cleaning, etc for me.
                        I have a niece who is a veterinarian and has 13 years of formal education and training. It’s only in the last few years that her income has come close to matching her skills. After graduation 5 years ago, she worked in an emergency vet clinic for the experience, for a year. Her salary was $30,000, her average work week was over 70 hours and she was on call 24 hours, 3 days each week. Oh yeah, she got 1 week of vacation that year. Anyone who has taken an animal to a 24 hour emergency clinic knows the cost but it’s not the vets who are getting rich.

Mulberry, the rivalry between the Montreal Canadiens and Quebec Nordiques was legendary and very intense. I miss it. And Quebec City should still have a team in the NHL.

The insurance replacement got looked after yesterday. Ginger, I guess I’m old fashioned. I like being able to sit across the desk from a person and know they’ll be there if I need them.
                        One time my bank was after me to insure through them. The 800 number they gave me was not in service. When I got that sorted out, on 3 occasions I did try to speak with them, they didn’t have anyone licensed in Alberta available to talk to me. It didn’t give a feeling of confidence!
                        I mentioned to our new agent that I don’t like insurance, it’s a necessary evil and that you only find out how good your insurer is when you make a claim. She agreed with me and that’s one of the reasons they have our business.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! Rain in the forecast today and there is that wet rain smell on the air. All the windows are open. I wish I could bottle that olfactory sensation up and save it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday and I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

QW, glad you got it sorted out! You are so right about not knowing how good the policy is until you need it!

The hypnotherapy is downloaded from True Life-Changing Self Hypnosis | Clear Minds Hypnotherapy. I paid for the alcohol package. It sure works for me. I usually fall asleep before the audio is finished but they say that's fine. They'll send you a link to a sample if you contact them. Be warned! They'll bombard you with emails until you unsubscribe.

Of to the beach with my sisters. Hi to all my Cafe friends! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and dog lovers. “Outside of a dog a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read” ~ Groucho Marx It is with love and deep gratitude that I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

That was a good one, Techie! Groucho Marx was amazing.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X