~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Mr. J's son and his wife are coming to visit today, along with their one year old daughter. They live in n. Carolina so we don't get to see them that often. Looking forward to it!

QW, one of my friends is a veterinarian, and she is still paying off student loans. It's the practice owners who make the money, unfortunately, not their staff.

Thanks for the hypnotherapy link Ginger. I'll have to check it out!

Where did you go to [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]? We miss you!

I'm in for another 24hours please and thank you!

Comment

Have a good time with your stepson and his family, Jude! It will be fun to catch up with them and to have a baby around!

Ginger, thanks for the link. I'll check it out, too.

I've been thinking about Pauly, too. Hope to see her soon.

Off to do my volunteer thing. This is the second day this week as I am filling in for another volunteer who unfortunately took a rather nasty fall. At 90 that's a dangerous proposition! Luckily, no broken bones but she is terribly bruised and will need a bit of time to heal.

Cowboy, I followed the link to the photo hosting site but it seemed to require registration. I didn't go forward with it because I wasn't sure I wanted a paid subscription. Is there a fee required?

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:51am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Enjoy the visit [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!

I don't think you even have to register to use it [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], just choose the size you want, choose what image, and then pick the hotlink for forums once the image uploads. There was no registration fee to use it when I joined, not sure if that is still the case though.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Sitting on my porch this morning listening to the ducks quack. It was supposed to rain so I cancelled my beach plans only to wake up to sunshine. No complaints here although we do need rain. Wishing everyone a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I love Groucho Marx quotes, my favourite being “I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member”. One quote that has meaning for MWO readers is “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it”. One day at a time, right?

Jude, a vet once told me that the owners of clinics are the ones getting rich, not from practicing veterinary medicine, but from the increase in the value of their buildings.

We have our grandkids coming for supper this evening while their parents go out. Make your own pizza is on the menu to be followed by ice cream with cookies in it. And Granddad will likely lose at Sorry. Good times!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; April 29, 2022, 07:38 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Although I live in my own apartment right now, I have spent most evenings at my other (old?) home because my wife is working evenings due to a staff shortage. I have very much enjoyed waking up and making breakfast for the kids in the morning. Those days are coming to an end as the staff shortage will soon be over. At least I'm sober, but sometimes its hard not to turn around and look at the past with regret. Its sometimes hard to look at gifts I have been given with gratitude as opposed to dwelling on how things could have been.

I look forward to another 24 hours of clarity and life. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

Comment

Here at the beach with my sisters. I'll try to read back later. No desire to drink! 24 more!

Comment

Accepting with gratitude another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's cake day today!

Happy BB Birthday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al just remember to not look back, you are not headed that way. Keep looking forward. I love how much you have turned your life around. I bet your family is grateful! Ginger, hope you enjoyed that beach day with your sisters. QW how was that Pizza and ice cream? Hope Pauly checks in soon. We ended up at the beach yesterday and the rain held off until we got home. Lots and Lots of torrential rain which we need so badly. Wishing everyone a great Saturday!!! Another 24 for me please and thank you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DILL!!
                          Last edited by Rava; April 30, 2022, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Hey all,took a quick trip to Phoenix just cuz one of my daughters was going to a comedy show,meh I'll never go to that city again it gave the creeps! Just busy with work and such,Happy Birthday Dill! waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had a wonderful time with the grandkids. The pizzas were great, the ice cream so popular they had seconds (they went home on a sugar high!) and I won the Sorry tournament 3 games to 2. Life is good!

Pauly, I’ve been to Phoenix twice but spent most of the time in Sedona. Beautiful area, especially when it’s winter at home. But I’m not a fan of any big city.

I’ve decided to switch camera systems so will spend today looking at micro 4/3 cameras. They are much lighter than DSLR and have image stabilization which is good for this old guy! Gone are the days when I could hike with a camera, 3 lenses, a tripod, and other attachments. And I’m not going to miss them!

Have a great af Saturday everyone. Happy Birthday Dill! I hope you enjoy the day and that wonderful looking cake!!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] birthday celebrants. Happy Birthday! I fully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X