~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Glad you came right back Jude. Slipping sucks but it happens. We have been here long enough to know that we don’t want to restart that part of our life. Today will be a good day for you! The last time I slipped I had a headache for 2 full days. Now that is saying something about how alcohol is nothing but poison to our bodies. Going to the gym today and basically have no other plans other than to stay sober. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, your af days vastly outnumber the days when you slipped so you’re still succeeding.

Dill, you’ve described one of the best parts of retirement - being free to choose what you want to do when you want to do it. Enjoy the day!

So nice to see longer daylight hours, currently sunrise is 6AM, sunset is after 9PM. And it was a beautiful afternoon yesterday for barbecuing. This is the first time I’ve had a natural gas hookup for a barbecue and while I miss my charcoal grill, this will be fine.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Jude, you are my people. I'm proud of you for sharing and coming right back here. We will get there together!

Made it through the long weekend AF but half of us don't drink so it wasn't any harder than a normal day being around hubby. Whew! That's a long sentence!

Home today. Miss my hubby and Pearl. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and May flower lovers. Hugs Jude. We’ll, I’m off to golf. So, with a beautiful day ahead and lots to be grateful for, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for all of the support regarding my slip. You guys are the best! Feeling much better about myself today.

Looking forward to another 24 hours!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Beautiful day ahead. Wishing everyone a great and sober day with no cravings! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:41am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rain today. Our farmers haven't been able to get into the fields and this will not help. I was listening to a farm report on the radio and they were talking about how the farmers haven't even been able to get out and spray the weedkiller to get ready for planting! Some have started using drones to do it! I would imagine that's expensive, but I don't think they covered the angle of cost during that radio spot. If they did, I missed it.

Rain or shine it will be a great day to be AF! 24 more please for all of us here.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, farmers in our area will gladly take whatever moisture your farmers can spare. Growing crops is going to be challenging, more so this year because of drought, and it’s worse because of the situation in Ukraine. Food staples will likely be in short supply in many parts of the world.

I had the winter tires changed yesterday so we’ll likely get a huge dump of snow!

I’m getting excited about my new camera which is to arrive Friday. There’s a huge learning curve ahead!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, I can't wait to see photos from that new camera!

Jude, I'm glad you're feeling back to yourself and are back on track. We can't let these small slips define us or we will undermine our final outcome, "we do not drink".

We got Ginger's ashes back. It's final now. What a great dog/companion she was. We will love her always.

24 more for all of us.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I have had a hard couple of days. Life just really hit me hard, not that anything in particular happened, just that I could not shake dwelling upon the negatives (and conversely, not being able to push any positives or gratitude). I am a little bit over four months sober, and I found myself at the liquor store yesterday. I bought three airplane bottles, just a little, not like it used to be. I just wanted to escape for a bit, I wanted my brain to shut up. As I was driving home I threw all three out the window unopened. I know where it would have lead. I would not have been able to stop with three, I would not have been able to stop with just one day. It's the closest I have come to a lapse since I exited treatment.

I need to do some work on myself. I'm letting sadness and loneliness fill my bucket instead of life. It is true that I never expected to be sitting in my own apartment, without a ring on my finger, watching a movie alone, buying groceries for one, but I have worked very hard to stay sober for four months and if I had indulged last night I would have thrown it away. I'm proud of myself for towing the line, but damn, it hurts sometimes.

Time to work on getting my daily routine back of self-healing. I'll start with 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those making tough decisions. You did the right thing [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. The temptation is always there, but so is choice. It is how we choose that is key. Bravo. This will only strengthen your resolve. So, will an up level feeling (thanks to BigAl) I gladly accept another twenty four. I wish you the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Big Al, I'm sure that you will wake up today and be very glad that you threw those bottles out the window. For whatever reason, I too am feeling extremely anxious over the last few days. I bought a bottle of rum yesterday, and like yourself, I tossed it out. So glad that I did! Falling off a horse really hurts, so it's best to stay in the saddle and hang on for your life!

Ginger, glad that you have some closure after getting your pup's ashes back. Still, it's never easy...

Looking forward to another sober day and thank you!

Comment

Big Al, well done. I can only imagine how difficult your current position is. But hang on.:love:

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
                              ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Jude, :welldone:

24 for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Big Al, so proud of you for not giving into your beast. Throwing out the bottles was amazing. Same for you Jude. I have done the same thing as well but drank some of the bottle and then threw the rest away before I would drink it all. Alcohol makes us do stupid stuff. We are here to support and lift each other up. So glad you both were able to stop. Another 24 in my future. Wishing everyone a sober and stress free day.

Comment

Working...
                                X