No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:28am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not just a good job, but great job [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] for throwing out the booze! Sounds like you both "played it forward" to see that nothing good would have come from drinking...

We still haven't started seeding and yesterday when I went to Vermilion to get a new rain barrel was the first time I saw someone in the field seeding. It's been too cold and the ground hasn't warmed up enough and there's still snow in the ditches and trees! We're supposed to get some much needed rain over the weekend, but doesn't look like much improvement on the temps...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

So glad you pitched the booze Jude & Big Al. It wouldn’t have done either of you any good but it shows how strong our alcoholic brains are and how strong the beast is. 24/7/365.

Nice to see full seats at the arenas where NHL playoff games are being played, just hope attendance at the games doesn’t turn into superspreader events. I have 4 favourite teams - the Montreal Canadiens, Calgary Flames and whichever team is playing Toronto or Boston!

Off for a much needed chiropractic adjustment and a stop at my favourite butcher shop today.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Awesome, Jude and BigAl. Right up to the edge and turned and ran. That takes commitment to your quit!

BigAl, can you have a pet in your apartment? I'd hate to live completely alone but with an "emotional support" animal, I sure could!

I'll gladly take 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

Still alive and well. Almost at the 5 yr point. blessing to you all

Comment

Awesome to see you, Mr. V!!! So glad you stopped by and that you are doing well!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Mr V! Great to see you!! We were wondering how you’re doing, glad you’re well.

Hope you’re planning to stick around for a while. Congrats on your upcoming 5 year anniversary!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. I am certainly glad that I did not drink those bottles, it would have been bad at many different levels.

I could potentially have an pet at the place I live, but I have (had?) three cats and a Great Dane at my other (old?) house. My wife and I continue to work towards reconciliation and I would not want to add another animal into the menagerie, nor would I want to have to grow attached and part ways. I keep hoping that one of these days we will be at a point where I can return home. But expectations and hopes can sometimes be dangerous, so I think of those things lightly.

Anyway, I am looking forward to jumping back into my book for the evening (Rules of Civility for the readers out there, so far as good as I hoped it would be).

Another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Great to see you Mr. V, and congrats on 5 years! Hope that you can stay awhile; we've missed you!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It's great to see you Mr V! 5 years is top notch!

Comment

Good morning Cafe and Congrats on 5 years Mr. V. Glad you stopped in. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My chiropractor worked his magic yesterday. It’s nice to have everything in place and working together again.

We have some much needed rain in the forecast today, hope the forecasters got it right this time.

On the drive to our old stomping grounds yesterday we saw an eagle, hawks and other birds plus an amazing Chinook arch. Wish I’d had my camera!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Thursday everyone!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Two inches of rain overnight. Our planting is done so the corn and bean will love it. So will my herbs....

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday and I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X