No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:12am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good to hear that everything is fine [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Sounds like we'll be back in the field sometime after lunch. I did enjoy having a couple of nights with Bubba and a day off from the tractor but the sooner we get back at it, the sooner we'll be done.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy, your work is never done!!! We had some severe thunderstorms last night which kept me awake but we need the rain so bad. Wishing everyone a wonderful FriYay! No booze for me today. I’m drinking coffee on the porch reading my coffee self talk book and putting positive and uplifting thoughts into my head. This is a woman’s book so some on here may be interested. Most of my life I have been completely negative in my thoughts. Probably due to my upbringing where I was told I was fat and ugly. Unfortunately, this has been my opinion of myself most of my life. This little sometimes corny book is making me rethink those things. It’s a move in a positive direction when you start to love yourself. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our son and dil just bought a travel trailer and a 10 year lease on a lot at a recreational area about a 2.5 hour drive from home so starting this weekend will be spending lots of time there. We can’t wait to see it. They have cabins for rent at this park, perfect for those of us who aren’t campers anymore. I’m looking forward to fishing with the grandkids!

Our much needed wet weather continues. I hope it’s enough to help local farmers.

Thanks for mentioning that pill Ginger, I’ll be asking about it before my next procedure.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Friday everyone!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rava, I've been listening to the author's 5 min podcasts. A little boost of positivity!

Hi, Pauly! How's work going?

QW, enjoy those visits with your family this summer. Sounds awesome!

Hope everyone has a great, restful weekend! 24 more here, please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Trying to stay as busy as I can and fight the loneliness. I had been spending nights at the other house, but with my wife's schedule change I am basically at my little place most of the time. Oh well, nothing I can do about it other than stay sober.

I hope everyone has a great end to their week. I humbly ask for another 24 please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Busy Friday ahead. So, with deep gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Humbly asking for another 24hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:03am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe and happy Saturday. QW that is exciting about your son and the travel trailer. You will have so much fun with your grandkids and they will love it as well. Wishing everyone the best sober day. I have no plans yet but will surely come up with something! Another 24 for me please and thank you…

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I just received an email from my son in Australia to tell me that Scott Morrison, ScoMo to Australians, was defeated in an election there yesterday. I reminded him that politicians, like diapers, need to be changed regularly and usually for the same reasons.

A busy day ahead with lots of chores but first, a walk.

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, you made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that morning chuckle.

Planning a long walk with hubby. Sure miss our walking partner but no plans to get a pup anytime soon. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], are you and Bubba going to get another dog?

I'll gladly take another 24. Waves to all my Cafe pals!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those needing a diaper change. Off to a hike in Yosemite. So, we fresh air in my lungs and joy in my heart I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings!

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I read that Jordan Peterson book, Twelve Rules for Life. It was chock full of good information and advice. I am a huge fan of his. I totally enjoyed his lectures on the Old Testament. I wonder if they are still available on YouTube. He helped me understand the Bible in a much deeper way than I did before those lectures. Fascinating.

I will gratefully accept another 24 hours of freedom.
                                Last edited by dill; May 21, 2022, 10:00 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X