~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and prayers out to the QW’s. I’m an always up for another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QW, I hope that your wife's procedure went well yesterday, and that she recovered quickly. Ginger, glad that your painting party went well!

Asking for another 24 hours of sanity on this rainy day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for the quote Techie. That statement is so true! Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Im off to the dentist for a crown. UGH. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I don't think I could count how many times I've watched the original Top Gun [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol, but then I've done that with a few of my favorite movies haha. I can't think of anyplace that offers free popcorn, but it's a good marketing ploy! I do remember bars giving out free unshelled peanuts, good thing I like popcorn more than unshelled peanuts!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another w4 hours please & thank you.

Yesterday was a bit more complicated for Mrs QW than planned. She almost cancelled the procedure because she was so sick, a combination of no meds and no food. As a result of not being able to take her meds, she exhibited the tremors that go with Parkinson’s.
              We allowed lots of time to get to the hospital, normally a 20 minute drive, but forgot about Canada’s 5th season - road construction. We did get there on time, barely, only to find we were in the wrong building. We were 20 minutes late getting to the ward and her procedure was further delayed because her blood pressure was through the roof. Anyway, 4 hours later we were able to leave. Now we await the results to see if we’re dealing with cancer.
              The staff at the hospital was excellent, in spite of the stress of Covid, an unappreciative employer (the Province of Alberta) and working understaffed for too long. We are thankful that our biggest expense was $12 for parking.
              Mrs QW is doing better this morning. Thanks everyone for thinking about us!

Hopefully we have the AC repairs done today, good thing because it’s warming up.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Waves to the gang and wishes for a great AF day
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Prayers for the QW family. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

It's another cloudy/rainy day. It seems more like May weather than June. I'm not complaining tho because the temps have been so nice!

I think I'll see if I can get the original Top Gun from the local library. They have a huge selection of classics. I used to be able to get new releases at the library after they were done at the theatres, but now so many are streamed that having a DVD copy at the library is hit or miss.

Hey Rava, good luck with the crown! I have to go to the dentist this month and coincidentally I have been noticing some pain developing in one of my molars. I have a bad feeling about what it might mean...

QW, sorry Mrs. Q had such a difficult time of it yesterday. I hope she got her meds back in her system so her symptoms are under better control once again. Fingers crossed for you both on the results.

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; June 9, 2022, 09:49 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], can you share what's going on with your health issue? Sending healing energy your way.

QW, I'm glad Mrs was able to get through her procedure. Thinking of you both.

My bil was diagnosed with cronic lymphatic leukemia a year ago. He's 78 so the oncologist took a wait and watch approach. Things are progressing now so it's time to start treatment. It's immunotherapy so once he starts he will have to take the daily pill the rest of his life. Sounds simple right? The catch... his insurance doesn't cover immunotherapy and the daily pill is $425. There's no way they can afford that and the only people that could are the top 3 percent. Not sure what they will do.

Rava, good luck at the dentist! Never a fun visit.

Off to start my day. Waves to all my Cafe pals. 24 more!

Comment

QW, sounds like yesterday was a tough one for you and Mrs. QW! Sending positive thoughts that the test results are negative for cancer.

I've never seen the original Top Gun, so I guess that I'd better watch that before I check out the new one. Dill, I know what you mean about libraries not carrying many dvd's anymore. Our local library used to carry a ton of them, but due to the availability of streaming, the pickings are slim.

Ginger, the cost of the meds that your bil needs is outrageous! I don't know anyone that can afford those kind of prices. How very sad...

I'd gratefully accept another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

God morning Cafe. QW so sorry your wife had such a hard day. I’m sure it was quite stressful for you as well. Glad it’s over and hopefully the results will be favorable. The trip to the dentist was a breeze. First easy dental appointment in a long time. We are going to see Top Gun this afternoon. Looking forward to it. I have not been to the movies in many years. Wishing everyone a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hopefully the test results come back in a positive way [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

Enjoy the movie [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Gentle rain falling this morning, sure glad I changed out that a/c compressor for a customer yesterday! Day off today but I have to run to Mannville for my biannual thyroid and cholesterol check with the Doc. The way the fuel prices are rising I'm going to have to look at increasing my hourly rate or start charging mileage, or maybe just spend more time at home lol.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mrs QW is recovering well after the procedure Wednesday. She’s still catching up on missed sleep and the effects of the anaesthetic, hopefully today will see her continue a return to normal. Thanks everyone for your support!

Ginger, that’s a horrible situation your brother in law is in. We often hear similar stories of people facing tough choices because of medical costs in the US. I read the other day that Mark Cuban has started an online pharmacy and only charges a 15% markup on the cost of meds. Sounds like a much needed service.

Cowboy, wish you had been able to change our AC compressor. The company that services AC units in our building did a great job but I’d rather have paid you for the job. Plus we could have had a visit and a coffee! Make breakfast maybe???
                                We believe in preventative maintenance whether it’s our vehicle, appliances, fireplaces, AC, etc. The repair guys said they’ve been servicing AC units in our building since 2010 and this was the first time looking at ours. We figured the filter hadn’t been changed in that time as it was beyond disgusting.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X