~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Glad Mrs.QW's procedure went well Cowboy yep the prices of everything is having to go up with these gas prices,I'm scared of where we're heading,I just try to block it out and keep going,waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF Friday, I've never watched Top Gun all the way thru either(only the volleyball scene,young Val Kilmer was something else:heart:very handsome)
    Last edited by paulywogg; June 10, 2022, 08:00 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. It's funny (well not funny), but it seems like I have everything to talk about and nothing at all. I have never lived sober through the immense amount of feelings that I have. I could make a list of 1000 items that cause my chest to tighten, cause my brain to careen off into uncharted territories, that cause my outlook to vacillate between hope and despair. A 1000 major and minor things. But all of those things together are just the manifestation of life at this moment in time. Everything wrapped up in a wad of nothing. Still sober, despite the voice in my head that tells me I shouldn't be.

Deep breath in, deep breath out, and onward movement through these unfamiliar waters. I hope everyone has a wonderful close to the week, and I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Glad you're here with us, BigAl.

All this talk of Top Gun makes me want to see the original, if I can find it!

I have an art class tonight. Looking forward to it! And 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and blessings to Mrs QW. NOTE: I will be out of the country from 6/11 through 7/10. I will not be able to post but trust that my sobriety will be guarded as always. I have found a beautiful life that I treasure above all else. In the meantime, I wish you all the best coming days and weeks possible. I leave you with love, courage, and with blessings x

Last edited by techie; June 10, 2022, 10:26 AM.
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Bon voyage, Techie. We'll miss you and will look forward to seeing you again in July. Stay safe and sober.

24 more hours for all of us please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“Every worthy act is difficult. Ascent is always difficult. Descent is easy and often slippery.” – Mahatma Gandhi

We will miss you in your absence techie, and thank you for letting us know.

The gas prices are crazy here as well, which leads to higher prices on everything else. Truly worried about the economy and where we are headed.

With gratitude I'd be happy to enjoy another 24 hours of sobriety.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning Cafe. Techie, thanks so much for letting us know you will be gone for a month. Wishing you the best during your trip out of the country. We loved the movie Top Gun and had my blood pressure racing thru many of the scenes. I never saw the original one and had no trouble following this one. It’s been so long since we have been to a movie. This place had recliner chairs and we preordered our seats online with senior discount. Looking forward to seeing a few more movies this summer. Yes Pauly, Val Kilmer was amazing! QW we could both discuss new condo ownership in condos that have been neglected for literally years and years. We literally replaced everything and cleaned for days to get this place up and running to our standards. (Our standards are not even that high but we do want a clean place). Today is laundry and packing for our trip on Monday. We are heading north until the end of July to visit family in our own rental house. (Cheaper in my mind than buying another condo up north). Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you. PS Big Al, don’t listen to your beast, it will do anything to make you feel you need to drink. Keep looking at all the pros of sobriety. You have done so well so far!!! We are all proud of you.
                  Last edited by Rava; June 11, 2022, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Have a safe trip [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] and hope everything works out for the best! See you when you get back...

You're on the right track [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], keep listening to your heart instead of that tiny voice in your head.

Great quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], and so very true!

I often think about making the trip to Calgary [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] and meeting up with you and possibly including [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION]. Maybe now that I'm slowly retiring it's becoming more of a possibility...

We're off to Morinville a bit later this morning. My cousin's are all getting together for a small graveside service for the inurnment of my Uncle's ashes beside my Aunt's and they've invited Bubba and I. There will be a small get together after at Tim's place (he's still in Morinville and took over the plumbing and heating company) so we'll have a good visit with the whole family.
                    Last edited by abcowboy; June 11, 2022, 06:42 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, safe travels my friend. We look forward to your return next month.

We’re buying some plants to have on our balcony, mostly flowers but I want a couple of tomato plants. Nothing like a toasted tomato sandwich with a freshly picked tomato! The condo board frowns on this but frankly, I don’t care. I’m still mad at them for cutting down trees that provided shade to our balcony, without telling us.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie safe travels waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

We've been picking strawberries from our garden ever since the beginning of June. It's such a struggle keeping a garden when there are so many critters that seem to think we have planted it for them! The deer grazed on the plants one night. They left the berries but ate the leaves! After that we put a 4 foot high woven wire fence around it!

Here's to another 24 for all of us!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Safe travel, [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. See you in July.
                            You too, Rava. Enjoy your time with family!

I'll gladly take 24 more.

Comment

Dill, your mention of strawberries made my mouth water! We don't grow our own, but there are several farms in our area that have U-pick strawberries. Guess what Mr. J and I are going to do today? Also on the agenda is splitting one of our hives, as it is just packed with bees! If we don't do this, half of the bees will leave and find a less crowded place to live. In order to do this we have to take out some of the frames (with honey on them) from the original hive and place them in one of our empty ones. If the bees decide that they like the new digs, many of them will quite readily move in. Mr. J and I both have protective bee suits, but inevitably one or both of us usually gets stung. They don't like having their hives messed with, and I don't blame them!

Looking forward to another 24 hours!

Comment

Good luck with the hive splitting, Jude! Do you use a smoker to help calm the bees? Mr. D and I kept bees several years ago as a part of an orchard we planted at his parent's farm. It was quite an experience and the honey was delicious!

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X