No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:22am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A big Happy Anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] today! Not sure how many years it is, but congratulations!

We were supposed to attend a memorial service and inurnment today out at a country cemetery by the farm for one of our country neighbor's today. But it's raining right now and there is a severe thunderstorm warning issued so I'm not sure if we will attend. We'll see if the weather improves at all and then make a decision.
      Last edited by abcowboy; June 18, 2022, 06:34 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I enjoy the same freedoms as you do Jude, but at the same time, I can see the pros of condo living. Keeping up a large house and yard takes a lot of time and effort. I guess there are pros and cons in both living situations.

Today is our 45th wedding anniversary. Mr. D and are quietly celebrating here at home. We've been given an absolutely beautiful morning to celebrate! The rest of the day promises to be nice as well. I am so grateful because we have had 4 straight days of high heat and humidity, so this cool air feels wonderful!

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thank you, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! You are so sweet!:love:
          Last edited by dill; June 18, 2022, 06:32 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning! Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Dill! 45 years is amazing!!! Hope you enjoy. If you have good neighbors or are able to avoid neighbors than condo life for us is good. Our HOA fees include everything except electric. Makes life easy for us. Being north for almost 2 months and not having to worry about yard work etc. is a nice feature. We try to keep to ourselves for the most part. Hope everyone has a great day today. We are taking our grands to a monster truck show tonight. Should be interesting. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Hugs and prayers to you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION].

Comment

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], ditto on the weather. We are in central Washington and it's taken to raining a little everyday. There's several acres of hay below us and that poor guy has had a terrible time baling it. I'm pretty sure this first cutting is ruined. Terrible financial loss for him.

Dill, happy 45th anniversary! Enjoy your quiet celebration.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], you are always on my mind. Sending energy and healing thoughts your way.

I miss [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] and his positive shot of energy each morning.

May we all have a great AF weekend!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, happy anniversary! 45 years is a great accomplishment. Congratulations, hope you enjoy the day.

We too are under a severe thunder storm warning Cowboy. In 2013, Calgary had severe flooding and with this moisture plus snow melt in the Rockies, many Calgarians are justifiably concerned. But, our politicians have lifted a local state of emergency and are removing a large berm put in place to protect vulnerable parts of the city. What could wrong? The long range forecast is calling for rain in 8 of the next 9 days.

Over a year later, we’re still adjusting to condo life. We miss having a yard and our own space but not the snow shovelling, stairs and grass cutting. We had a plumber yesterday to fix a clogged kitchen sink and much to our surprise, there is no cost to us. Yay!

Ginger, I too miss Techie’s wisdom and positive outlook.

Pauly, thinking about you.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Lot's of things going on in the Cafe as I read through the posts, and my thoughts are with you all. I have been busy, sad, happy, lonely, engaged, and everything in between. Life is certainly happening in a way I had never intended but I am at least in a place where I can be along for the ride. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will humbly ask for another 24.

Comment

Yup BigAl, life can be wonderful, messy, tragic and joyful all at the same time, but it's so worth living!

Happy anniversary Mr. and Mrs. dill! 45 years is quite an accomplishment!

Thinking of you Pauly...

Looking forward to another 24 hours!

Comment

Thank you everybody for the congrats and well wishes! We had a lovely day yesterday.

Thinking of you Pauly. :hug:

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I think it's time for some breakfast!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, with all the changes going on in your life, you’ve done well staying sober! Congrats. As we all know, it isn’t easy but so, so worth it.

Another great brekkie to start Sunday! Thanks Cowboy.

Looking forward to getting together with the Calgary family today for Father’s Day. Can’t wait to see what the grandkids made me!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

BigAl, glad to see you back in the Cafe! You are managing well with all the new things going on in your life.

Happy Father's Day to all our Cafe dads!

Pauly, sending light and energy your way! We love and support you.

We are going to a taco feed at our oldest son's today. Yum!

My mobile app for this forum is acting up so it's almost impossible to post! Got to figure this out!

Comment

Just testing the mobile app....

Comment

Working...
                                X