~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and happy Father’s Day to those fathers on here. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning to all my Cafe Friends, and Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers. At least I will be able to give my recovery to those in my life who care for me. They can have me sober today instead of using Father's Day as an excuse to turn the volume down to zero.

Another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Mr. J and I went to a birthday party for a friend yesterday,and there was lots of booze flowing. Unfortunately, in a moment of weakness I caved and had a few glasses of wine. Woke up with a headache and lots of regret. It always frustrates me how I can go for months at a time without alcohol, then woosh, my sobriety goes to hell in that split second of temptation, and I reach for a drink. Ughh...

Happy belated fathers day to all of the dads here in the cafe!

Today is another day, and I plan to spend the next 24 hours saying no to that hideous monster in my head.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill you are not alone in caving to a weak moment. That is the hardest part for me too. Luckily I’m sick right now and have no desire to drink but long for the day that alcohol has no meaning in my life. It’s way too important. You know what to do and don’t beat your self up over it. I’m having a really hard time right now up north, our rental is horrible and I have 5 more weeks here. Too sick to see the kids. Ugh. I feel like I could start crying and I’m trying real hard to hold it in. Sorry to dump this. Wishing everyone a sober day. Another 24 for me please

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

At least you kept the drinking to a minimum [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it could have been a lot worse. I think a bit of regret is good for us, but not to the point that we give up on ourselves...

Is it too late to look for a different rental [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], or are you stuck in some sort of short term lease? Hope you get to feeling better soon and can spend some time with the kids and grandkids...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, your non-drinking days far out number the ones where you caved and had a drink. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

Rava, sorry you’re not feeling well, hope you have a quick return to normal. No doubt your family misses you as much as you miss them.

It was a great Father’s Day get together with our Calgary family yesterday. The rain stopped in time for the chefs to grill the steaks and they were cooked to perfection. Granddad got his butt kicked playing video games with the grandkids, no surprise there. And when I suggested they might want to take it easy on me, they doubled down and showed no mercy! Good times!!

Have a great af Monday everyone. Off for a walk.

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; June 20, 2022, 07:16 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Jude, I echo what QW said. You have way more AF days than AL days under your belt and you're right back here!

Rava, I'm sorry about your place and that you aren't feeling well. Dang it! I hope you feel better soon.

We had a lovely taco feed and we were able to eat outside on the patio.

I hope we all have an easy week!

Comment

Jude, sorry you are full of regret today. Don't be too terribly hard on yourself. A little regret is good for the soul and keeps us from repeating, but too much regret can be counterproductive. You've been doing so great over all! Just keep at it.

Rava, so sorry you aren't feeling well! It's never good to feel ill, but it is harder still when we aren't at home. I hope it passes quickly!

Father's day was a low key affair but we did have a visit with our son and grandkids and Mr. D got a thoughtful card from our son and a phone call from our daughter. He seemed very pleased. I thought about my Dad and how much I miss him.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, sorry that you are having such a hard time. Thankfully, your situation is not permanent, and you will be back home before you know it. As cowboy mentioned, is there any chance that you could find a different rental? Hope that you feel better soon.
                      I'd gladly accept another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

Yesterday my granddaughter had a 4H event to attend. It was a cookout and it included family members and she was required to take a side dish or dessert along. I offered to help her with it and asked what she would like to take, side or dessert. Can anyone guess her answer? LOL So yesterday I baked a batch of chocolate cupcakes for her to decorate. She enjoyed the activity and was proud of her finished product.

24 more for each of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Your granddaughter did a great job on decorating the cupcakes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I wonder how many desserts there were compared to side dishes lol.
                            Last edited by abcowboy; June 21, 2022, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, those cupcakes look amazing! I bet they tasted as good as they looked.

Today is my Parkinson’s care partner support group get together via Zoom. I always look forward to learning how other care partners (there are a few care givers in the group) are dealing with the challenges we face. The focus of the meetings is on how we can look after ourselves as we deal with PD.

The sun is shining, it’s warm and the first day of summer. Off for a walk.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Thanks for the positive words. We are in this rental and have to make the best of it. I will just have to change my attitude as that’s all I got. Feeling a bit better today. Dill your granddaughter did a great job on those cupcakes. If anyone has Hulu I would highly suggest watching Dopesick. What a movie and how Big Pharm manipulates the public into their own financial gains no matter what the consequences are. You could certainly relate this movie to the alcohol industry as well. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X