~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, what is it about the house? Is it dirty or run down? If it's just dirty, maybe you could hire a cleaning service to make it liveable?

Dill, those cup cakes turned out great! What a fun activity, as well. I'd love to try one! Yum!

QW, I hope your zoom meeting brings you some good info and support.

Hi to all my Cafe buddies. Hope we all have an easy AF day!

Comment

Dill, those cupcakes look amazing! Yum!

Rava, I did see the movie Dopesick, and thought that it was well done. Truly sad how much greed there is in the pharmaceutical industry.

QW, it's great that you have support from your Parkinson's group. It's nice to be able to connect with people who are going through the same problems that you have to deal with.

Looking forward to another sober day and thank you!

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not much to report on in my neck of the woods, a few more days in the forecast, and that's why we call it Monsoon June lol. The crops are all looking great with all the rain we've had, hopefully we'll get more rain in July to keep the crops looking good. Not sure if I mentioned it but I'll be running a newer JD S790 combine this fall. The two older combines got replaced with newer ones so we'll have two S790's and one S680 in the field this fall. Hopefully we'll have better crops to harvest than we did last year.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, there’s price gouging going on everywhere these days, at least here. Everything seems to get blamed on supply chain issues, lack of workers (lack of pay & poor working conditions maybe the cause?) but what it comes down to in many cases is pure greed. Big oil is making record profits, financial institutions are making record profits, and many others are simply jumping on the bandwagon because they think they can get away with it. Everything is going up except income.
            I know we don’t talk politics in the Cafe so I won’t say anything about broken promises from politicians who are great when the cameras are on but fall way short when it comes to actual delivery of what they promised.

The PD care partner support group meeting was somber yesterday. The husband of one of our long term members died from PD related causes. She was in tears telling us about his last days. Fortunately she has family close by for support. It was a sobering reminder of how insidious this disease is.
            The coordinator of our group lost her husband to PD 7 years ago but she has remained involved and honours his memory by helping others dealing with PD.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning cafe. Ginger, the place is in the trees and so dark we have to keep the lights on during the day. It’s funny how bright it looked on the rental site. Very deceiving advertising. I am doing better and we are trying to spend most days away from the rental. Seeing the grands is what this trip is about so I need to focus on that. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more for me please and thank you.
              Last edited by Rava; June 22, 2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

QW, sorry to here about the member's husband. PD sucks!

Rava, not much you can do about the trees, I guess. I'm glad you are feeling better and escaping as much as you can.

Cowboy, you'll have to send pics of that fancy new combine! I bet it has all the bells and whistles.

Still struggling here. Not sure why my brain is being so weird. I need a string of 24.

Comment

Rava, that difference in light is pretty big, going from sunny Florida to the deep woods! I do believe I would have trouble with it too. It might even trigger SAD (seasonal affective disorder). My friend lives in a house in the deep woods and I must say that when I go to visit her, I feel uncomfortable, and I finally realized that it was due to the lack of light! I also tend to stay in her kitchen by the big picture window because it is the only place where some sunlight comes thru.

Cowboy, it sounds like you will have a bit of a learning curve this fall, depending on which machine you will be driving. I seem to recal you learned a new machine a year or so ago. Are you going to get to keep using that one or will you have to learn a new one?

QW, I believe we are all pretty much in agreement here on the question of politicians. It is a rare pol indeed that isn't motivated by self-interest. I'm really glad that you made that choice to join the PD support group many years ago. It is a great resource and support for you. I know I would need all the support I could get if I were facing what you and Mrs. QW are facing. I had an Uncle who had PD and his wife struggled mightily, as did he.

Pauly, still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, I'm glad that you are trying to keep a positive mindset in your current situation. It's amazing what we can do when we change the way that we think!

QW, I agree with you about politicians!

Ginger, I know how you feel about the daily struggle with thoughts of drinking. Sometimes I wish that I could blow up that damn voice in my head! Stay close to the cafe, and you will get through this.

Cowboy, you'll have to post pics of your new ride!I

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Hope that you are doing OK Pauly...

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the encouragement. I could choose to be miserable or choose to make the best of it. We are here to see family and that’s just what we are doing. No time for self pity. Seasonal affective disorder is real and I actually take meds for that. So today I’m watching 2 of the grands and going to make some pillsbury cinnamon rolls with them. Their mother is very strict with them and gra ma is coming to break a few rules! �� wishing everyone a great a sober day. And yes I struggle too of wanting/needing a cocktail. Today I will fight for 24 hours. Thank you.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'm not sure which 2 of the S680's they traded in [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. If they kept back the one I was running then I might just stay on that one. Corey usually has me operate any of the new equipment as I'm pretty comfortable with learning the new electronics and settings, then I can help the other two operators if they are having trouble getting used to something new or need to make adjustments on the go. They usually upgrade the equipment every three years but have changed that to five years now as the warranties have improved.

I'm not one for dark houses either [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. I like to see nice bright spaces and as much sunshine as possible. At least it's a temporary situation and you can try and minimize the amount of time spent indoors and maximize the amount of time you spoil the grandkids lol.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Being a grandparent is so much fun and so different from being a parent. We can have fun together, let them do things maybe frowned upon at home, spoil them, fill them full of sugar, and then return them home.
                            We surprised our granddaughter yesterday by watching her tennis lesson. She was so happy to see us and every chance she got, she smiled and waved to us. After we got hugs and she thanked us for coming several times. The next sporting event is our grandson’s soccer game, can’t wait.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for always having my back!

Rava, I suffer from SAD too. That's one of the reasons we first went south. It really helped to get out of the gray! I feel for you.

We are watching great-gson today! Can't wait but I'll be exhausted tonight! Maybe I'll be too tired to have drinking thoughts!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! Lots of work and planning for a business trip next week to Iowa. I was a job traveller for a long time and have now begun to loathe work related travel. Oh well. At least I can do it with a clear head and not make a fool of myself at dinner.

The best to all, and 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X