~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I agree with you QW about shopping at local businesses vs. the big box retailers. Sadly, prices keep rising making it difficult to shop at many of the smaller stores. With the economy the way it is, and being on a fixed income, I've had to make a lot of changes in my spending. On a more cheery note, it's a beautiful morning out here on the porch!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rise and shine, it's breakfast time!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I would say that 90% of our grocery shopping is done at our local Co-op, but at least twice a year we do go to Costco to stock up on paper products and a few other things that Costco has at better prices than anywhere else. I do all my personal shopping (clothes, shoes, etc.) either here in Veg or in Vermilion.

Going to be a darn good day to cut the grass! lol

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the wonderful breakfast Cowboy. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, being on a fixed income is the main reason I’m shopping more and more at big box retail. I don’t particularly like big box retail but feel theres little choice as prices go up but income doesn’t. Anyone else think there’s a lot of price gouging going on?
              Since Mrs QW’s PD diagnosis 6 years ago I’ve assumed shopping duties and don’t mind it.
              Cowboy, we have a Coop close by and I still shop there but mostly buy sale items.

It was a beautiful day for a hike at one of our favourite parks yesterday. I took about 20 photos and will edit them today.

I’m stuffed after that great brekkie so I’m off for a walk. Have a great af day everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Time to finish packing/shopping for our camping trip with family. Not sure about connectivity there but I'll mentally check in every day, if not!

Rava, how are you feeling? Hopefully, you're better today.

Pauly, thinking of you. Techie, you too.

I'll take another day!

Comment

Ginger, have fun on your camping trip! Check in when you can. How long will you be away?

QW, I guess there is probably some gouging going on, but I don't believe it is a common practice at the local level. I really believe there is pricing pressure. Heck! fuel costs for the transport of goods to market is a definite problem. And I think labor costs are higher which factors in. I am no economist, but I just feel like it's logical that the cost of goods is rising. Free market competition pressures local stores to compete to get folks into stores, so gouging can't be all that common. Of course, I am speaking from my experience in the US. I don't know if perhaps things are done differently in Canada. I'm pretty sure there is gouging going on in the oil markets tho, as they seem to have a corner on the market currently.

Not much fun outside here today as it is my least favorite combination: hot and humid. I'm hoping for a thunderstorm to clear this oppressive atmosphere.

No drinking today. :happy2:
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy! Yum!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good Monday morning cafe. Thinking of you Pauly and hope you check in soon. Ginger, thanks for asking. I am sick again and started back on my antibiotic again. This is crazy. At least my covid tests are negative. I don’t even quite know if the covid tests are accurate. I know of quite a few government issued covid tests that were positive only to be negative when repeated at the doctors office. That really makes you wonder. Ginger, I hope you enjoy your camping trip. Alcohol is not sold in this state in the grocery stores. That makes wanting wine a little harder for me which is good. I will remain sober today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’re missing you Techie and thinking of you often Pauly.

Another nice summer day before rain starts again for a few days.

Enjoy Monday af everyone.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rava, could that house have mold that you're reacting to? I wonder if there's a cheap test to figure that out? Both my sisters got sick after we'd all been together. Both had the same symptoms, both tested daily. One was positive and the other negative. I have very little faith in the test.

Hi to all my Cafe pals! Off to finish packing so we can hit the road. No time for drinking!

Comment

Happy AF Monday to us all,sorry I haven't checked in, my mind is mush,I can't think straight at all! My husband's passing pulled a rug out from under my feet,we had just had our 32 anniversary the week before,we were planning a trip for the weekend to San Diego, now I'm a widow in my 40's wow. I had gotten covid the day before he passed so my last day with him was me laying on the couch in pain,such a waste,anyways thank you to everyone for thinking of me,I made a thread for my appreciation of you beautiful people here,have a wonderful day and hug the people you love.
                              Last edited by paulywogg; June 27, 2022, 09:02 AM.
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Super late check-in for me today! Another 24!
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X