~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Pauly, I truly don't know what to say, but just know that I am thinking of you. I am so very sorry you are going through this.

I am in a hotel room in Iowa for work, battling my demons.

Another 24 please.

Comment

Pauly, I'm so glad to see you again. You have been on my mind and in my heart. I can only imagine what you must be feeling. :hug:

Have fun on your camping trip, Ginger!

Rava, I am sorry you continue to be sick! I wonder about Ginger's suggestion of mold exposure. It makes some sense. I wish Wine was not available in grocery stores in this state. That would be a great help in times of weakness. It's easy to stay out of liquor stores because you must go out of your way to go there. But the grocery store is unavoidable.

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

On Pauly, my heart goes out to you. I can't even imagine what you are going through right now, but thank you for coming back to the cafe. :hug:

Rava, I agree with the others that mold could definitely be causing many of your symptoms, and it would be wise to check it out.

Wine is not sold in grocery stores here as well, which is a good thing. Sure does help to keep me sober!

Hang in there BigAl, and keep fighting those demons!

Another 24 for myself and all of my friends here in the cafe!

Comment

5:01am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's great to see you back Pauly, I have no idea what you must be going through but my thoughts and prayers are with you every day...

Those demons are no match for your determination BigAl, bat them to the side and carry on!

It very well could be an environmental issue Rava, most definitely something to be looked into further.

No liquor sold in grocery stores in Alberta, but seems like we have a liquor store on every corner lol.
            Last edited by abcowboy; June 28, 2022, 06:17 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and thanks everyone for the possible mold issue. I will need to look into that for sure. Big Al keep fighting. Hope today is an easier day for you. Pauly thanks so much for checking in. We have all been thinking of you. Although I can’t imagine what you are going through I was also a widow when I was in my 40’s. Its a scary place to be. Hang onto your friends and family for now until you can find your way. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Expecting that the weather forecasters might be right with their prediction of rain and thunderstorms, we hiked at a local park yesterday in beautiful sunshine. Mrs QW is not able to walk as far as she could a few years ago so we’ve adjusted our activities to match her ability. It’s frustrating for both of us, and a bit scary.
                We watched our grandsons soccer game last evening and by the end, Mrs QW was beyond tired. And it seems this morning her meds are taking longer than usual to take effect.

I mentioned price gouging the other day. Another form is what is being called shrinkflation. That’s where you get 5 bagels instead of 6 in the bag, where the yogurt container isn’t as full as it used to be, cereal boxes being labelled as Family Size but are actually smaller yet the prices remain the same or go higher. And the promised relief at the gas pump is still eluding us.

Pauly, so great to hear from you. Big hugs!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Tuesday (I think,these days are a blir) to us all,Rava I didn't know you had lost a spouse,it's a strange age for it cuz it's not old but it's not young either,I thought me and hubs would be together forever! All my drinking bullshit he put up with,how he'd cry when I'd relapse,I put him thru hell and I wish I had those years back,sorry he's just always on my mind QW,yes! Everything is shrinking while the price gets higher,look at a pack of lunchneat,the same pack that used to be big and 5 bux is now smaller for $8 they're trying ro kill us with inflation and nobody wants to do anything about it or they blame everyone _Everything
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I had the strangest dream last night. All of the women here in the cafe had a big party and everyone was drinking. It was so bizzare and unsettling to say the least! I was happy to wake up and realize that it was only a dream.

Thanks for coming back Paully and hope that are doing a little better. :heart:

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

What a nightmare, Jude! But it is good that you had such a negative reaction to the dream, IMO.

QW, I really hope that Mrs. QW's meds kicked in and I am sorry she is struggling so. Perhaps her meds need adjustment. I totally agree with your second statement in your tagline at the bottom of your post.

I cannot believe that June is almost over! Time is flying! Best enjoyed AF...

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

You go ahead and talk about hubs all you want Pauly! I think recalling all those memories is a good part of the grieving process! And be sure to lean on us if you need us for anything, I imagine you're worried a bit about what the future holds for you so let us help you in any way we can :hug:

Your dream wasn't a total nightmare Jude, you got to meet all the ladies here! Make sure the next party is AF and you'd better invite the guys as well lol.

Do the PD meds change quite often QW? I know my thyroid dosage has been bouncing around the last few years but Doc says it's because of hormonal changes as we get older.

Raining here this morning, and my truck goes in for it's first windshield replacement this morning. I might just come straight back home once that's done and play hooky from work lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Gearing up for 2 grands for the night. They are older so hopefully it will go well. Wishing everyone a great a sober day! Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Pauly, getting and staying sober was a great gift you gave hubby, and yourself. And as Cowboy mentioned, share as many memories as you like with your Cafe friends. We’re here for you.

Adjusting PD meds is a regular occurrence for Mrs QW. Her neurologist has OK’d increasing her daily pill intake depending on the day. She currently takes 18 pills at various times through the day. Merck created Sinemet, an excellent drug that made daily living much easier but then generics took over, Merck stopped making Sinemet and we’ve found, along with other PD patients, that the generics just aren’t as effective. I’d like to thank Merck for creating Sinemet but give them a swift kick for abandoning patients who benefitted from it.
                              As an example, yesterday morning, before the meds kicked in, her hands were shaking so bad she couldn’t hold a cup. Her voice was barely audible and she was understandably frustrated. Each day can be so different so we never know what to expect.

Jude, next party please invite us guys, have no alcohol, and see if Cowboy will cook for us! I’ll bring the beef!!

Off for a walk and then grocery shopping.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Wednesday everyone
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X