~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Coming clean here,as I had mentioned I had covid and was laying on the couch sleeping when Kells boyfriend came in and told me Bob was in the hospital, I had taken my fitbit off so I could sleep and not get any notifications from my phone which I had put on silent,I had asked him to take me but he didn't want the boys exposed to covid so I drove myself not knowing excatly where the hospital was cuz it's in Henderson, anyhoo I was taking a bit and kell called me and told me hubs was dead,my head was already cloudy from the 'rone and after she told me it took a few minutes to register, I immediately got stress diarrhea (tmi) so I knew I had to stop at a gas station, well while there I bought an 18 pack of bud light and a pack of cigarettes, a lighter,I went to my car and poured a beer into my Starbucks cup and chugged and chugged some more,so being a few day from my one year soberversary I drank for 4 days,I dint care,I don't beat myself up over it either,the universe took my life partner,the man who taught me to drive,the man I had my babies with,my rock,my soul and I honestly couldn't get thru those first days sober,I don't regret a thing about drinking those days.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, I can’t imagine what you went through. No one is going to be judgemental because you had some beer.

As I said earlier, your Cafe friends are here for you.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

No judgment here Paully. What you went through was devastating, and quite frankly, I probably would have done the same. At the time, alcohol acted as a buffer to shield you from the pain of your loss. I'm sure that Bob is watching over you, and that he would never want to see you drown yourself in a bottle. Stay close to the cafe where you are always welcome with open arms.

OK gentlemen, next time I have a dream party, you are all invited...no booze allowed!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're back with us Pauly and that's all that really matters. I can easily see myself doing the same thing if I was in your shoes.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

There’s more rain in our forecast for late morning so I’m off for a walk in a few minutes.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning cafe. Pauly definitely no judgment you had to do what was right for you at the time. We are here for you no matter what. You have all the tools you need since you were approaching your 1 year anniversary. Hang in there and know your friends in the cafe are thinking of you and 100 percent supportive. Wishing everyone a good day. 24 more for me please.

Comment

Quick check in. Taking the grands to a museum today. It's been a successful trip so far! Too busy to drink or even think for that matter.

Dear sweet Pauly, I'm so glad you are back and got through those horrible first days. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through. Sending a cyber hug your way.

QW, thinking of Mrs QW too. PD sucks.

Waves to all my Cafe peeps! 24 more!

Comment

Pauly, I understand completely and also appreciate your honesty on top of everything else. Please do stick with us here.

Mr. D and I have decided to take on a rescue. We have been thinking about it for some time and yesterday decided to take the plunge. We adopted a 5-month-old German Shepherd named Lily. So far it has been a really rough transition for her and we are having to work hard at it. She was rescued from a puppy mill and had been subjected to cruelty and neglect. She has serious trust issues. I think this transition period will be really difficult for all of us, but I am hoping that we all make it thru and she gets to the other side and to the delights of being a country dog. Tessa has tried making up to her, but so far has been severely rebuffed. But, so have Mr. D and I! LOL. We got her yesterday and today was better than yesterday, so we are thinking tomorrow will be better than today. ODAAT.

24 more for all of us, please and thank you
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good luck with your rescue dog dill. It sounds as though she will need a lot of patience and love to begin to trust again. I can't imagine what the poor dog has been through in the past. She's a lucky girl to have found you and Mr. D!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; July 1, 2022, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I'm sure Lily is going to make a great addition to your family Dill! And of course we'll all want to see pics of her!

Canada Day holiday up here so it's a long weekend. It's also the Pysanka Festival here in Vegreville, traditional Ukrainian food, dancing, and singing are held all 3 days over at the fairgrounds. Bubba and her mom will likely spend Sunday afternoon over there but I think my involvement will be limited to watching the fireworks tonight if I can stay up that late lol.

Comment

Happy AF Friday everyone
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

For the first time yesterday, Mrs QW referred to me as her care giver. In the past, I’ve been her care partner. Her PD is progressing and I’ve assumed more duties, something I don’t mind so maybe care giver is more appropriate.
                              After a recent frustrating day, she said “This is the for better or worse, in sickness and in health part, eh”?
                              I’ve been expecting this as the disease progresses. Not sure where we go from here. We have received good support from our local PD association and I expect we’ll be relying on them more and more in the future.
                              Mrs QW’s siblings have shown little concern for her well being. In fact, my siblings and you great folks in the Cafe have shown more concern.

I’ve decided I’m going to take a break from MWO and the Cafe for a while. I’ll check in from time to time but wanted to let you know, rather than just disappear. You folks have been fabulous! Thank you for all the support you’ve given me, I hope I’ve been a positive contributor and been a help.
                              I’ve been af almost 3 1/2 years and plan to stay that way. I couldn’t have done it without you!

My email address is PanaLuG7@gmail.com (my new camera is a Panasonic Lumix G7 which is where the address name came from)

To my fellow Canadians, Happy Canada Day and to our American friends, Happy 4th of July on Monday.

Stay safe & af

Russ

24/7/365

Comment

Dill, we always give this to our adopters. Kinda helps with expectations.

Packing up to head home. The kids have had a blast! I'll take another day!

Comment

Working...
                                X