~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks, Ginger, that is a great help! We have been asking ourselves if we made the right decision because it has been a bit rough. But it does take time and your poster really helped me keep that in mind.

QW, I appreciate you saying you are taking a break rather than just disappearing. I will miss your daily posts. You have been a real asset to the Cafe and I do hope you will be back one day. Either way, I will keep you and Mrs. QW in my thoughts and prayers.

late check-in here. 24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

QW, I understand you wanting to take a break from MWO, but we will miss you. Please drop in now and then and let us know how you and Mrs. QW are doing. Thank you for the email address, it's good to know that we can reach out to you if needed. Good luck with your continued journey of sobriety!

24 more please...

Comment

This is day 3 of the adoption process and there is a definite improvement. The "3 days to decompress" was accurate!

We had a good downpour yesterday which was much needed. The clouds are supposed to clear up later today so we shall have a sunny afternoon. All good!

Here's to another 24 for all of us here!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          Jude58 [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sure hope you do pop in from time to time Russ, I'll miss seeing you here everyday! You and the Missus will be in my thoughts and prayers as well...

I take it that Lily has started to relax a bit and find her way in her new home Dill? Hopefully her and Tessa will get along just fine.

I didn't stay up for the fireworks lol, Bubba got up to see them but came right back to bed as all she could see were the trees in the neighbor's backyard as the fireworks themselves were blocked by the trees. We get a great view from our back deck when they have the fireworks during the fair as the fairgrounds are only a block away. Last night's fireworks were in the Pysanka Park which is quite a lot further from us.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. QW thanks so much for giving us a heads up about taking a break. Will look forward to hearing from you again when time permits. Wishing you and Mrs. QW many good days. Your job as a supportive husband is hard and appreciated for sure. Dill, good luck with Lily. Cant wait to see some pics of her. Pauly still thinking of you. Wishing everyone in the Cafe a good Saturday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I'll miss QW and his humor, honesty and support. I hope he checks back often.

Our camping trip was a complete success. Last minute, my sister came with her 10 yo grandson. Three boys under 13 and no electronics. They had a blast swimming and fishing. I fried a lot of fish! Now to scrub the 5th wheel for the next trip in August!

I'll take another day!

Comment

Watching my favorite hockey team win the Stanley Cup recently was a really cool experience... but man was it hard sometimes to not want a drink, especially for some of those tense close games, not to mention to help celebrate the win. Watching sports is so strongly linked to drinking for me; before I was drinking every night, game nights was always such an easy excuse to have a few, and I see this common pattern with many others, and it's so normalized by our culture.
                  But hey the Avalanche won two cups in my younger pre-heavy drinking days, had a 21 year drought, and now the season I quit drinking, they won a cup again! So I'll take it as a good omen!

Comment

Dill, glad that Lily is starting to adjust to your home. It can take months before a dog with her past can feel comfortable in their surroundings. How kind of you and Mr. D to let her share her life with you both.

Cowboy, it's been years since I have been able to stay awake long enough in order to watch fireworks!

Mulberry, good job not drinking while watching the hockey game. I tend to crave wine while I'm cooking or when I go out to dinner. Watching all those people having drinks with their dinner is definitely a trigger for me.

Looking forward to another 24 hours...

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I think it's time for breakfast!

Comment

There's nothing better than fresh fish pan fried in butter Ginger! Glad you enjoyed the camping and it turned out so well.

There is a lot of drinking involved when it comes to sports Mulburry. Like you I remember all to well having a few (usually too many) beers while watching the Oiler's play. Glad your team won and you got to celebrate it AF!

Comment

Good morning. Thank you for breakfast Cowboy. It was great. We have been eating a lot of scrapple since being up north. It’s super hard to find in Florida so we are making up for lost time. Nothing on the books for today. Wishing everyone a great day. By the way good to know your nephews had a great time without electronics Ginger. Kids today just dont know what to do. Mulburry good job on the no drinking during sports. I think my biggest trigger is the availability of wine in the grocery stores. It’s very very hard sometimes to pass the isle. Way too easy to just throw in a bottle with my other groceries. I am choosing no alcohol so 24 more for me please and thank you.

Comment

Yummy brekkie, ABC!

Rava, how are you feeling? Better I hope.

Dill, I'd love to see a picture of your new pup!

I have company the next two days then babysitting my great gson for mom to work then a swim party Friday. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it. Lol I'll take another day!

Comment

This is the best picture I could get. It's not great, but it'll do for now. Lily is warming up to us, but still is unpredictable so I had to be careful not to let her bolt!

Cowboy, thanks for the great breakfast! It was delish.

24 more, done and dusted here!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X