Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by Rava View Post
    Mulburry good job on the no drinking during sports. I think my biggest trigger is the availability of wine in the grocery stores. It’s very very hard sometimes to pass the isle. Way too easy to just throw in a bottle with my other groceries.
    You know I used to hate the fact you couldn't buy booze in the grocery stores here, but now that I've quit drinking I can really see the advantages (out of sight, out of mind).

Comment

Dill, Lily is beautiful! Glad that she is starting to feel at home!

Happy 4th of July! Last night there were lots of fireworks in the area, and my poor dogs were terrified. Good thing that it only happens once a year!

24 more for all of us!

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Lily is gorgeous Dill! She'll come around and then become your biggest pest lol
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and Happy 4th of July. Mulberry it definitely takes more effort to have to physically plan to go to a liquor store vs getting lettuce, milk and wine. I kind of like not having the availability here. Makes sneaking a bottle of wine more of a conscious effort! No plans for us today other than a bike ride. We have a busy week ahead with gr kids for 4 nights in a row. One of the boys is very defiant so Im a little nervous about how this is going to go. Ginger, Im finally feeling better and thanks for asking. Dill your new addition is very cute. Good luck with Lily as she adjusts to your family. Hi Pauly, thinking of you….. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Dill,love the new dog! Happy 4th(even tho I'm not celebrating this year) and wishes for a AF day for us all
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Pauly. Glad to see you. Sending thoughts your way.

Dill, Lily is beautiful. How old did you say she was?

Rava, so glad you're feeling better. Enjoy the bike ride.

I have an AZ friend here. She leaves this afternoon. We got a couple invites for barbecues but I'm not really feeling like it so I think we'll beg off. I'm still recovering from the gkid camping trip!

I'll take another fine day!

Comment

Ginger, Lily is estimated to e 5 1/2 to 6 months old. I could be wrong, but I don't think she will be a very big shepherd. We shall see.

We have no real plans for this holiday, but it's just as well. We are occupied with getting Lily used to us and our routine and we don't need a lot of extra commotion. It's going very well so far.

Have a great Monday everyone! Mondays are best spent AF! 24 more, please and thank you
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad for my pup fireworks are finally over (I hope!). Now for tomorrow the pup goes for surgical evaluation on knee cap, luxating patella, that I fear to put him through the surgery. He will be 8 next month. Hopefully this all turns out well so yes I could definitely use another 24.

Comment

Hello friends. A quick wave and hello from Stockholm. See you in another week or so. Hope this finds you all well. Trip got a bit extended as we both came down with the pox. The worst symptom by far is fatigue. Sending love and hugs!
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11645]Hypernova[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great to see you here Hypernova, lots of room for one more in the Café. Hopefully all goes well with your pup at the vet.

Glad to see you checking in Techie, hopefully the pox will only give you some fatigue and you'll be healthy when you return home.

Comment

Thanks for checking in Techie! Sorry that you both came down with the pox, and hope that you feel better soon!

[MENTION=11645]Hypernova[/MENTION], that's too bad about about your pup's knee. Hope that you can avoid having it surgically corrected but sometimes it's the only option.

Paully, I hope that with time, you will slowly begin to see some light after the loss of your husband. Thinking of you...

24 more please for all of us!

Comment

Hi all! Babysitting great gson the next two days. I'm tired just thinking about it. I'll have another day!

Comment

Good morning and Happy Tuesday. Hope everyone had a good 4th. We don’t go to fireworks but could hear them loud and clear. Hi Hypernova and welcome. Glad you checked in Pauly. I know Techie wont be checking in again for a week but what is the pox? Chicken pox? Monkey pox. I am out of the loop. Hope everyone has a great day today. Dill, hope Lily is doing well and Ginger, good luck with g grand son! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X