~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi Rava, I'm glad you are feeling better and are able to enjoy time with the grandkids. I too was wondering what the 'pox' is.

Techie glad you are giving yourselves more time to enjoy your travels. It's a shame you came down with something while you are abroad!

Welcome Hypernova!

Pauly, I cannot imagine what you must be going thru and I know it may take a long time for you to get your footing again. Prayers to you. I'm glad you like Lily. She is really a pretty dog. She's awfully thin tho. I am going to see if the vet has any ideas on how we can put more meat on her bones.

Enjoy the grands, Ginger!

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I continue to wade through life sober. I think reconciliation between my wife and I has reached its end. It's sad, 25 years together. Feels odd walking through the world with just myself. I hope this feeling lifts eventually and a silver lining reveals itself. I visited my bets friend yesterday, about a three hour drive. His wife called and said that he had finally given up, the brain tumor had won. He was on his last leg when I saw him, but I was able to take 5 minutes alone with him, hold his hand, and tell him all the joy he brought to my life.

I feel a bit numb from it all, but I'm not running back to the bottle. I need to feel ALL OF THIS in order to heal, rebuild myself, and move on. Hugs to all. I am committed to doing today what I did yesterday: stay sober. 24 more please.

Comment

BigAl, I'm so sorry about your friend and your marriage ending. You certainly are dealing with a double whammy right now. The fact that you are staying sober through all this truly amazes me, and you are an inspiration to us all.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's pretty tough news on both fronts BigAl. But you have the right thinking, it's way easier to get through these situations sober. Hang in there, you're doing what you need to do.

I think techie was talking about monkey pox as that's the only pox that's been in the news lately. I haven't read much about it, might have to do a bit more reading up on it...
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

BigAl, glad you checked in and so sorry to hear about your friend and marriage. Thanking of you.

Monkey Pox is where my mind went. Hope it's not as bad as it sounds! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip, [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].

Baby Jack was really fussy yesterday, which is unlike his normal "happy baby" self. I think he's cutting teeth. Hoping today is easier for him (and me)!

Hi to all here in the Cafe! I'll take another day!

Comment

Wow, BigAl, you have an awful lot on your plate right now. I can only imagine the depth of the loss you are feeling but am so impressed with attitude to face it all head on and sober. Drinking definitely would not help. I am very glad you got to say goodbye to your best friend.

Sorry Jack was so fussy Ginger. Hope he's doing better today.

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I was thinking that techie was referring to monkeypox as well. Either way, I hope that he and is wife are recovering without incident.

Yesterday, my 99 year old neighbor and second mother was diagnosed with severe hardening of the arteries around her heart. She is a wonderful woman that lives independently and still drives. She is very dear to Mr. J and I. She has two options, having surgery, (pretty risky at her age) or just letting it be, which would inevitably cause a heart attack. I can't imagine what I would do without her in this world, and am praying that this will have a good outcome.

I would be grateful for another sober day and thank you!

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

I hope for a good outcome as well Jude, amazing how well she is doing for being 99 years old. I'll include her in my daily prayers.

I roughed in the plumbing for a bathroom in a farm shop the other day and today I'm headed back to lay the insulation and piping for the in-floor heating system. I could do this kind of work all the time!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, so sorry about your marriage and best friend. Im glad you got to say goodbye to him. Im going to be completely honest here and admit that I tried to drink like a rockstar 2 nights ago and spent all day yesterday sick, vomiting and hungover. OMG Im so ashamed and remorseful. Today I finally feel better. I could not even check in yesterday. The funny part is that I didnt drink that much but I drank what I used to and my tolerance was low and it crushed me. This awful experience yesterday serves as a reminder that I can NOT drink. And a hangover that used to take a few hours after waking up goes on and on and it’s just debilitating. I even fell and bruised my arm. How’s that for a stupid woman. I totally realize that if I keep up like that I will be dead. So today I go on without alcohol onto day 2. Drinking lots of water and trying to rebuild my self esteem which is in the gutter. 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Rava, thinking of you. Like you, I wonder if I'll ever really learn. Let's just keep trying and coming to the Cafe. Hugs

Another Jack day. He was a much happier boy yesterday. Hoping today is the same!

I'll take another day!

Comment

Late check in for me today. I had volunteer work this morning. That seems to be throwing me off more easily these days and I am wondering sometimes if it is time for me to let it go. When I get home I feel like I am doing so much 'catch up' here around the house. I guess part of the equation is the extra duty of working with Lily to get her settled and socialized. That's going well, by the way. Maybe it's a passing feeling, so I am going to give it time and see what happens.

Rava, hugs to you.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Comment

Rava, when will we ever learn? I'll never understand why we do this to ourselves. That damn voice in our head promises freedom from worry, and lets us be carefree for a short period of time, but we surely pay for it the next day. Keep trying, and one day it will stick!
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], maybe it's time to step back a little if the volunteer work leaves you drained. It sounds as though you have enough on your plate already!

24 more for all of us please!

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Last edited by abcowboy; July 8, 2022, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X