No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eventually your quit will stick Rava, just tell yourself "I don't drink" when you get those thoughts that you can.

Maybe it is time to quit the volunteer work Dill, you've probably done way more than your share anyway.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Made it through 3 days of great gson babysitting! Whew....

Waves to all my Cafe friends! I'll take another day.

Comment

Good Friday morning Cafe friends. Im in such a better headspace. Your support is great. I am hoping that was my rock bottom. OMG I thought i was dying. Felt much better yesterday and today even better. Babysitting the grandsons so Im busy and not interested in drinking anything. Got back into the tool box and starting over with my thoughts. Ginger glad you made it through your babysitting. Dill, maybe the volunteer work is too much. You should want to do it and not feel obligated. Wishing everyone a great and sober day.

Comment

Jude, I am sorry to hear of your neighbor's recent diagnosis. At 99 she surely has had a good long life, but still... I wonder what she will do. I think a surgery at her age would be a very risky thing, but not having it is a risk as well. What do you think she will do? She sounds like a very special person.

Glad you are feeling better Rava! I don't know which is worse: the physical effects or the emotional...

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.” – Albert Camus

Dill, my friend has an appointment with her family doctor on Monday to discuss the options and risks of doing surgery. She trusts him entirely, and her decision will probably be made after seeing him. If she does nothing, a stroke or heart attack is inevitable, it's just a matter of when it will happen.

24 more please...

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude I am sorry about your friend. 99 is a good long life. Not sure I would do surgery at this point if I was her. Just hope they are able to keep her comfortable no matter what her decision is. Still babysitting the grands and so far so good. It pouring down rain here and supposed to be that way all day. So today will be a bit challenging keeping them occupied. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. So thankful I am not craving right now. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Great quote Jude, we all have it in us to git'er done when we need to...

Comment

Our new pup, Lily, has gotten over the hump and is much more relaxed and comfortable here. She is able now to show us her real personality and it is really sweet! Also, she absolutely loves to play fetch which is delighting our granddaughter.

It's been rain, rain, rain here for the past several days. I hope for a let up later today.

Thanks for the quote, Jude. It was a good one. We can all reach inside ourselves to find that inner strength when we need it. We just have to remember that!

Rava, good luck keeping the grands busy on a rainy day.

24 more, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jude, I'm so sorry about your friend. It's so hard to see someone we love face a decision like the one she's facing. Sending thoughts your way.

I hope we all have an easy weekend. I'll take another day!

Comment

Whoops! Dill, I'm so glad Lily is adjusting and your bonding has begun. That just makes me smile!

Comment

Dill, so glad that Lily is adjusting well. It makes my heart happy when people adopt rescue dogs and give them a second chance!

We have friends coming over for dinner tonight, and thankfully neither of them drink, so there will be no temptation!

Looking forward to another 24 please of freedom!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is gong to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Let's see what I can whip up for breakfast today...

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the beautiful breakfast Cowboy. My favorite is scrapple. LOVE it! Today is another cloudy day with the grands. Hubby is already taking them outside to run. Im gonna make scrapple and bacon for them. Wishing everyone a great a sober day. My life has been so much better this week without all the drinking thoughts! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X