~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, maybe you did your on version of aversion therapy with your last experience.

I take another day!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thought I’d check in, say hi, and have some brekkie!

The last couple of weeks have been up and down, frustrating most of the time, and very challenging as Mrs QW adjusts to a change in her meds. I hope things soon improve for her, and for me.

I’ve managed to get my new camera out a few times and thought I’d share pics of my favourite subject - wildflowers.

Off to read back and see what I’ve missed. Stay safe Cafe friends, and of course, af!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for those absolutely gorgeous photos, QW! Great to see you! Sorry it's been a rough patch for Mrs. QW and yourself. I hope things are smoothing out for her.

Cowboy, thanks for that wonderful breakfast! You outdid yourself, as usual.

Rava, I have never had scrapple and must confess, I don't even know what it is!

I stopped at a donut shop on the way home from church this morning to pick up a couple of donuts for Mr. D and I. I try not to do that too often, but sometimes it's a real treat. I saw a maple iced oblong shaped donut with a slice of bacon on the top!! I have never seen the like before! The girl behind the counter told me it is one of her very favorites. I guess I'll have to give it a try next time!

Beautiful July day here. I very good day to be sober. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; July 10, 2022, 12:56 PM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone. Had a great day at church and now cross stitching and watching twitch streams.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

[MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] good to see you dropping in to the cafe! It's a good place to be!

QW, sorry that the last couple of weeks have been tough on you and Mrs QW. Hopefully she will be able to adjust to the new meds soon. Great pictures, please send more soon.

Dill, not sure that I could eat a doughnut with bacon on it! Interesting idea though...

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, I like the statement of version of aversion therapy. Now I’m working on diversion. LOL. I absolutely can NOT repeat that last slip. I still have a huge bruise from falling down which serves to remind me what an ass i was. Dill scrapple is all the REST of the pig or cow that most dont eat fried up and eaten as a breakfast meat. Best not to get too specific. LOL. We take the kids back today. So things will be much calmer tomorrow. They hit the ground running at 7 am fighting over toys. Gonna be a long Monday. Thankfully I am sober. Wishing everyone a great a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks. PS nice pictures QW. Hi to Pauly, Jude, Big Al, Cowboy, Hi Drifty

Comment

Great to see you here Drifty, don't be a stranger!

Hmmm, I do love bacon, but not sure I'd want it on a donut Dill. But you never know, might be a great combination!

Good to see you QW! Sorry to hear about the Missus, hopefully the meds will get straightened out and will help her. Great pics, love the wild rose!

Sounds like you're going to be Grandma the Peacemaker, or maybe the Referee today Rava lol. Have fun keeping them occupied!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Not much different here; still wading through life as it throws things my way, but doing it sober at least. I am taking the kids on a trip down to Austin this weekend. My son, among other things, is an online gamer and he has a great group of friends that he spends a fairly good amount of time with virtually. Once a year we go down to Texas so that he can see them in REAL LIFE. It will be good, but it will be odd as I no longer live in the family home. Times, they do change. I wish everyone in the cafe a wonderful start of the week, and I will humbly and gratefully ask for another 24 hours of sobriety.

Comment

Rava, I feel your pain! Lordy, keeping up with Littles is a workout. I love it but I'm sure glad to have the quiet back at the end of their stay!

BigAl, enjoy your trip. Sounds like a good adventure for you and your kids.

QW, love the pics! Thinking of you both. Hope Mrs meds level out soon.

Hi to all here in the Cafe! I'll take another day.

Comment

Late check in for me. The day nearly slipped by without me realizing I hadn't posted! Better late than never.

24 hours done and dusted here! Good to hear from everyone. Sounds like we are all hanging in there!
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Listening to the coyotes singing and the gentle rain as hits the roof on the porch. What more could one ask for?

My sisters are coming for a visit tomorrow and I am so looking forward to seeing them. One lives in Wyoming and the other in S.C so I don't get to see them very often. Should be fun!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Today is my last day of the babysitting gig. OMG its been exhausting. I started feeling my nerves getting plucked by last night and ended up going to bed a little early to get away from them. LOL. Thats why women in their 60s cant have babies cuz we might harm them. LOL. Anyway now we will be seeing more grands later this week. we are here to see them I will miss them when I head back to Florida. Big Al, you are doing great. Might not be what you want but Im sure your kids are happy. Jude, hope you have fun with your sisters!! Wishing every a great Tuesday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Sounds like you'll have a great time with the kids [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], just be sure to enjoy it...

Have a good visit with your sisters [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I know all about not seeing siblings for extended periods.

Comment

Working...
                                X