~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Jude, enjoy your sisters. Mine are my very best friends and we talk every day! I really miss them when we go south.

Waves to all! I hope we all have an easy day. I'll take another day.

Comment

Jude and Ginger, I wish I had had a sister. I was blessed with 4 brothers and I loved them all, but something tells me a sister is a special thing. I missed out!

I got a new air fryer today and I am looking forward to giving it a whirl. I loved my old one but recently have been wishing for one with more space. This one will hold a 5lb. chicken!

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I shall try to stop by now and then. We are going to be shooting our yearly commercial at work so its going to be a busy day tomorrow but by staying sober, I will not have to worry about looking hungover.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Not a lot of sleep last night as I've been awake since 1:30 am. That's too early to get up, even for me! My sisters are due to arrive around 5:00 pm. Hope that I can stay awake till then!

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!
          Last edited by Jude58; July 13, 2022, 02:43 AM.

Comment

4:56am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

How come no sleep [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], thinking about your sister's visit? When I can't sleep it's usually related to a job I'm working on lol. Maybe try and get in a short nap before they arrive?

A yearly commercial sounds pretty cool [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION], will you be in it? Any hints at what we should be watching for on the TV?

Our new stove came with an air fryer option as well c/w basket [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but I'm not sure what the difference is between air frying and convection baking. Enjoy the new fryer anyway! No sisters here either, and only one brother left so I'd better try and get down to visit him.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, I hope you love your new air fryer. They are the best inventions ever! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I second the air fryer comments! I never use the oven any more. For just the two of us, it doesn't make sense. The air fryer is faster, more efficient and easy to clean. Hey! I could do an infomercial. Lol

Had a rough 5pm last night. It took every ounce of AF strength I had to stop myself. Hubby seems to be drinking a bit more lately and when he poured his second drink last night, it triggered me. Ugh!!! I wish it wasn't in the house. I'm thinking about asking him to take a break for a week so I can get my strength back. I know my quit shouldn't depend on anyone else but DAMN it's hard to be around it!

Hi to all my buddies in the Cafe. I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

[MENTION=7678]abc[/MENTION]Cowboy I doubt that I will. I thought that it was today but ether they did it after my shift or will do it another time.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Busy day today. My sisters have rented a beach house in R.I. and I'm going with them for a week. So excited as I haven't gone anywhere in such a long time! Can't wait!

Ginger, good job staying away from the booze! It must be hard watching the hubby drink, when you choose not to. When cravings hit I try to remember those mornings where I was so hungover that I could barely function all day.

Not sure if we will have internet at the beach, but if needed, I can always post on my phone.

Looking forward to another sober day!

Comment

5:38am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It must be tough to be so close to the booze [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I'm so glad that Bubba doesn't drink and that there's no alcohol in the house. Maybe he could drink elsewhere if he doesn't want to give it up for a week or two?

Enjoy your vacation with your sister's [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], here's hoping you get lots of beach weather!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, hang in there. You did a good job staying away from it. I usually just give in and regret it. Im sure your hubby would stop for a bit to help you out. I still have a huge bruise from falling down last week with my drunk ness. I keep looking at it as a reminder of what a total asshat I can be. We are all in this together! Hoping everyone has a great a sober day. 24 more for me please and thank you,

Comment

Thanks everyone. Rava, you're right. If I asked, Hubby would stop for awhile. Part of me thinks I should be able to do it without asking. That's my stubborn mind thinking because I did it before, I should be able to do it again!

Jude, your trip sounds lovely. I hope you post a pic or two on FB! I've never been to RI. Is it a long drive from your place?

The heat is stifling here. I'm looking forward to our two week trip to the beach in August. Looking forward to sweatshirt weather! I'm definitely getting old. Lol

I'll take another day!

Comment

Sorry I missed posting yesterday. It was Mr. D's 72nd birthday and we had lots of activity surrounding that. It was a really nice day, no booz around. It really does make for a better time! My granddaughter came early in the morning to help make the birthday cake. Then we went to one of Mr. D's special places for lunch. When we got home we had birthday cake and he opened his presents with a small gathering. The day just went by and before I knew it, I had another 24 under my belt!

You know Cowboy, I have been wondering what the difference is between the convection bake and the air fry. I have a feeling it is just perhaps fan speed?

Rava, you have mentioned that bruise a few times. It must be a doozy! I'm so sorry! But I bet it does serve as a good reminder...

Have fun with your sisters, Jude!

Great job resisting that temptation, Ginger! Amazing! I'm glad Mr. D doesn't drink or I'd have no chance.

Nice to see you stopping in, Drifty!

Today is Lily's first vet visit!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X