• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I'll gladly take another day!!

Comment

We finally finished with the rain and now we are starting on a heat wave. I think summer is over-rated! I'll take fall and spring over summer anytime!

Are you looking forward to harvest, Cowboy?

Glad you have your rental all worked out for next summer, Rava. That sounds like a great deal!

No drinking on the horizon here today. That's definitely a good thing!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=3270]ginger[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Even though harvest is more hectic and longer hours, I am looking forward to it [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Just something about watching the crop go through the combine and then into the grain cart makes it all worthwhile.

Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Hope he pops in today.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Another steamy day ahead. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Big Al, hope all is well. Thinking of you. Also thinking of you Pauly. I’m grateful for another sober day. It’s been 2 weeks since I went down that stupid drunken rabbit hole and my bruise is finally gone. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Looking forward to 24 hours of freedom!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'll take another day!

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the happy anniversary wishes. Today marks 48 years and I have no idea where that time went. It’s been quite the journey!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Finally got out internet back! It's kind of spotty, so my posting is sometimes on and off. Another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe Friends. It's been a while since I have checked in, and its been busy. I continue to sort out what phase 2 of my life looks like at this point, but I am doing it sober. The emotional burden of this divorce / kids / work / etc on top of my sobriety feels like it is too great to bear at times, but I just struggle through. At the end of the day me drinking won't make anything better, it won't bring my life back as I knew it, it won't make me happy. It is as if the Universe has called in my loan and I am paying it off in one lump sum. But, I have to believe that there will be a day at some point in the future where a little bit of serenity will creep back in and I can slough off the notion of the way things "ought" to be and be grateful for just the way things are. Big steps for someone as afraid of change as I am.

One thing that brings a smile to my face is the fact that my Cafe Friends care about me. You guys and gals don't know how much that means to me right now, and I could not articulate it in a way that fully conveyed the warmth I feel. It is truly appreciated.

I hope everyone is doing well and I will very humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

it is as if the Universe has called in my loan and I am paying it off in one lump sum.
                        I really hear you on that. It often feels like the universe is exacting it's toll for a decade of vice (for me it's more health / mental health stuff though). I'm just trying to stick with it and hope things turn around eventually. Hope they do for you too.

Comment

Big Al, you're doing an amazing job with your sobriety during a really rough patch in your life right now. Kudos to you!

Another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I have to agree with what Jude said [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], you are doing such a great job staying AF through all the changes you are going through. I used to always think "okay, what's next? What's the next good thing that will happen now that I'm sober?" It took a while but I figured out there doesn't have to be a "what's next", just being sober is good enough, enjoy my life just the way it is without thinking "what's next".

Great job on those 2 weeks [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], keep on keeping on!

Comment

Good morning. So happy you are doing well Big Al. Thanks for checking in. We all know how sneaky the beast can be. I actually thought the day after my drunkenness that I caught the flu. What a crock of crap. Like drinking poison all night had nothing to do with vomiting, etc. Sneaky little bastard for sure. Its been 2 weeks and I feel so much better. This is what I should hold on to and NOT that I might be able to drink normally. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you. PS Happy Anniversary QW!
                                Last edited by Rava; July 21, 2022, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X