No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:36am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A bit of a variety for breakfast this morning...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Glad to see you're home safe and sound [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and that you had such a good time with your sisters.

And two more of the Café ladies headed out to travel in a week! An adventuresome crew we have here lol.

The wedding...at least the food was not bad...other than that it was a long day filled with Ukrainian tradition and speaking. The band at the dance wasn't very good and way too loud and we got home well past my bedtime lol.
        Last edited by abcowboy; July 24, 2022, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, our trip is Aug 4 - 18. My little sister is joining us for the entire trip so hubby will have two bossy women to deal with. Good thing he's a great sport. Lol My other sister and her family will join us for the first week and our AZ besties will join us the second week. I'm really looking forward to it!

ABC, do you speak Ukrainian?

Jude, glad you had a lovely time with your sisters!

Just trying to get everything done outside before the temp rises. I'm thankful we don't have humidity. I find that unbearable! 24 more!!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
            Glad to see you're home safe and sound [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and that you had such a good time with your sisters.

And two more of the Café ladies headed out to travel in a week! An adventuresome crew we have here lol.

The wedding...at least the food was not bad...other than that it was a long day filled with Ukrainian tradition and speaking. The band at the dance wasn't very good and way too loud and we got home well past my bedtime lol.
            Spoken like a true curmudgeon, Cowboy! LOL! (Like myself!)

Jude and Ginger, glad you both enjoyed some quality time with your sisters! Rava, enjoy your action-packed final week with the grands!

Cowboy, thanks for that breakfast! Perfect!

I'm going to try to get the new dog and the cat to feel better about each other today....wish me luck!

24 more, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, good luck with trying to get the dog and cat to like each other. It can take a long time, and they may never be best buds, but hopefully they will at least tolerate each other.

Pouring here this morning, but we really do need the rain.

24 more for all of us please!

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill good luck with the animal bonding! Ginger, sounds like you are going to have a blast! Hopefully alcohol will not sneak its way into your fun. We went to a pool party yesterday where rum punch was flowing. I am so glad my hubby doesn't drink because it made my day easier. We both swam with our bottled water and had just as much fun as everyone else. I have enjoyed waking up each morning for over 2 weeks clear headed and accountable. I need to remind myself of this each and every morning to keep the beast at bay. Wishing everyone a great and sober Monday. 24 more please.

Comment

I have found that I've become a bit of a curmudgeon as I grow older [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol. But it usually only shows when I'm in situations I don't want to be in haha.

I speak very, very limited Ukrainian [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], just enough to get me through mealtimes lol. Meaning I know how to be polite at the table and know all the Ukrainian words for various foods and condiments, and that's about the extent of my Ukrainian. When Bubba and I first started dating, she never let on that her mom always spoke Ukrainian. It wasn't till the first time that I met her parents that I realized there was going to be a language barrier so I figured I'd best learn at least some Ukrainian. Little did I know that every family function would be in total Ukrainian or at least half and half. Most of the younger relatives speak English when talking to me, but in a group situation it usually reverts back to Ukrainian so I'll just roll with it the way it is.

Comment

The bonding session was not stellar, but at least there was no bloodshed! LOL I don't expect them to do more than just tolerate each other, but at that point Lily is too much of a puppy. She wants to play and chase. I'm afraid it's going to be a l-o-n-g process.

Our granddaughter popped in yesterday and asked to stay the night. It was a nice change of pace. She hasn't been here much lately. We watched the 6th Harry Potter movie. It was really long, but we all enjoyed it. One more movie and the series is done for us. I'm sure we'll watch it again in the future tho!

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ABC, large family gatherings can be challenging in and of itself! Adding a language barrier would certainly add to that, I'd imagine.

Rava, glad you enjoyed your day af!

Jude, I'd love to see some rain about now. We are in a heat advisory of 105-115 the next few days. Yuck!

Dill, good luck with the pet bonding. Baby steps.

24 more, please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends, it sounds like everyone is well. Nothing much going on in my world other than work. We got roughly two inches of rain last night, the first rain in a long time. Too little too late for the corn to really benefit at this point, but the beans will certainly like it.

I am sneaking up on seven months sober and it feels good. What amazed me the most was how long it took to really clear my head of the booze, and I doubt I'm done clearing my head yet.

I hope everyone has a wonderful start of the week and I will humbly and gratefully ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers of sobriety. Finally back but not home until later today. Spent the night in The Westin at SFO. Yesterday was riddled with flight delays and other weirdness. We had an amazing experience attending Ayahuasca ceremonies in Costa Rica after a beautiful few weeks in France and Sweden. I feel relaxed, and prepared to tackle the next phase of cancer treatment. It’s good to be back and look forward to reading back and catching up with you all. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good to have you back techie, and I'm glad that you had a nice relaxing vacation.Hopefully the next phase of your cancer treatment goes well!

Cowboy, I can't imagine trying to communicate with the in-laws in another language. It's hard enough for me in English!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X