No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:27am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Darn it, I just missed Jude with breakfast by the looks of things...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A much nicer day yesterday, not so darn hot with a bit of a breeze so I took advantage of it and sprayed the lawn to get rid of the dandelions and other weeds that seem to thrive in the heat. I'll cut it today even though it's not terrible long, but to get rid of any residual Par 3. Bubba's mom came down with Covid, she's feeling not bad at all but still needs to isolate for 5 days, then wear a mask for an additional 5 days. Sounds like there's 4 residents in the lodge that contracted it so they're taking measures to try and keep it under control. Hope everyone has a relaxing and stress free Sunday!

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Tater tots for breakfast! 😋 yummy

Hope everyone has an easy Sunday. I'll take another!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for breakfast Cowboy. Hope you MIL recovers quickly. I hear ya about weeds growing like crazy in the heat. When we got home our stone patio looked like a weed farm. Its all back to normal now. We have watered flowers and repotted some. No boozy nights for me and Im so happy that I am not craving it right now. Even went to the grocery story and actually turned my head away from the wine display. Trying to act like I have power over it which Im working on. Thanks everyone for my welcome home wishes. Hope everyone has a relaxing and sober Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Morning Cafe friends!

I’m just back from my second walk of the day and was starving so thanks for brekkie Cowboy!

Great to see the travellers in the Cafe safely home. And great to see everyone is keeping the beast at bay.

Our son the butcher/chef contracted Covid 10 days ago and is just now getting back to normal. His company catered a Calgary Stampede breakfast party a few weeks for 150 people, none of whom were masked, practiced social distancing, or any of the other safety protocols. And, at 7am, beer was flowing. Even in my worst drinking days, I would never envisioned having beer with pancakes, let alone at breakfast!

Mrs QW’s Parkinson’s is progressing and we think she is now in the Parkinson’s Plus category. The Plus category includes a few symptoms not present in the other 85% of people with Parkinson’s. We’re scheduling an appointment with her family doctor to bring her up to date but we also want to be referred to a different neurologist, one with a bedside manner and experience with Parkinson’s Plus.

We had to reschedule a planned mid week getaway to Lethbridge until next week. I’m looking forward to a change of scenery.

Anyway, I wanted to check in, say hi to everyone in the Cafe and let you know that I haven’t seen any signs of the beast around here!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

A much nicer day yesterday, not so darn hot with a bit of a breeze so I took advantage of it and sprayed the lawn to get rid of the dandelions and other weeds that seem to thrive in the heat.
                Been a week of unrelenting heat here on the West Coast, but luckily it's supposed to start cooling down tomorrow.

Comment

Dang, cowboy. I'll have to remember to post later on Sunday mornings so that I can dig in to your wonderful breakfast while it's still warm! Wishing Bubba's mom a speedy recovery!

QW, good to see you popping in to the cafe. Hopefully you can find a neurologist that gives a damn, and who can help Mrs. QW delay the progression of Parkinson's.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Wonderful to see you, QW! Thanks for dropping by and giving us an update. So sorry Mrs. Q is experiencing the extra symptoms and the increased progression. You both are in my thoughts.

Thanks for the breakfast, Cowboy. I had to grab mine to go this morning as once again I hit the ground running! It was a very beautiful day here. Sunny but not hot nor humid. A great day for the out of doors! I hear you about the weeds....

I actually wrote the above two paragraphs yesterday! Looks like I never finished and hit the reply button. So, I'll just do so today!

24 more please for all of us here.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Good to hear from you QW. Hoping you find another neurologist who can relate better and make your wife feel comfortable. A new month and a new opportunity to embrace sobriety. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good job on ignoring the wine display [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! It won't be long and that isle will just be another isle, nothing special about it at all.

Great to see you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], hopefully they'll come up with something to slow down the progression.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Golfing this morning so I’ll be brief. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hey QW! Always glad to see you here. Thinking of Mrs and you, of course.

Watching the great gson today and tomorrow. No time to drink! I'll take another day.

Comment

I had such a great weekend and looking forward to this weekend which could turn into a 3 day weekend. AL would have damped and ruined it so I am grateful to not have drank.
                                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X