~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

“The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius

Mr. J and I put up a bushel of sweet corn yesterday,and it was a lot of work but we'll worth it. There's nothing like having corn in February that tastes like it was picked in August. Yum!

I'll gladly accept another 24 hours of serenity!
    Last edited by Jude58; August 2, 2022, 04:05 AM.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good to see you again [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] and it's even better to see you doing so well. Sober weekends are the best!

Great quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I saw the corn on FB, looks yummy.

Have fun with the great gson [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I bet he's growing like a weed.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Nice to see you Drifty! Today is my first day back at the thrift store. Yesterday was the gym so I am slowly getting my routine back. No matter how much I miss my family I love living in sunny Florida. Hot as hell but that is why we have AC. All the snowbirds are gone so we basically have the facilities to ourselves. Swimming with floats and music, all the stuff not allowed in season. Its like being a rebel. LOL. Wishing everyone an alcohol free day. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Another early start to be ready for g-gson! I can't imagine doing this hung over. Well, I couldn't! So I'm thankful I'm enjoying a cup of coffee with my bestie Pearl before he gets here.

Hi Drifty, glad you're doing well. Enjoy those weekends!

Waves to all my Cafe peeps! I'll take another!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and visitors. Busy day here with back to back meeting and dinner with client. Thankfully client is a vegan and does not drink alcohol. So, with lots going on but appreciative of the sober life, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Glad that you are enjoying your time back home Rava! Whenever I go away, (which isn't often) I really do miss my routines. It's always good to be back home again!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Ginger, what a million dollar view! Pearl looks pretty good too! Wishing everyone a great day. 24 more hours of sobriety for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

I got carried away yesterday by the day's events and didn't post. Today I'm making the time before I get pulled away!

Jude, great idea putting up the corn! Did you freeze it on the cob or did you cut it off? We usually cut it off.

Ginger, thanks for the great pic!

Rava, glad you are back to a routine your enjoy. I'm a creature of routine as well. That's why it is difficult for me to break out and travel.

Yesterday I was at the county fair sitting at the Homemaker Club's display table engaging young people in a simple hand-sewing activity. I enjoyed some fair food and sights as well. Before that tho I spent some time in urgent care getting my thumb stitched up. I sliced it while using my mandolin slicer. Eeeeow!!! It's going to be ok, but will take some time to completely heal.

No drinking today. It simply wouldn't be prudent!

24 more for all of us here, please and thankyou.
                      Last edited by dill; August 3, 2022, 06:37 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Ouch, Dill! That sounds terrible. Hope it heals quicker than expected! Did Pumkin ever return? Do you see any of the food you're putting out get eaten? Still hoping he's just watching from afar!

Two days of g-gson sitting done! Today will be a mad dash to last minute shop and pack for the trip. Slated to head out at 9a in the morning.

No time for AL! I'll take another day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and healing wishes to [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Busy day. So another twenty four will be perfect. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Safe travels on your trip Ginger! Dill, I hope that you heal quickly!

Another hot and humid day here; looking forward to Fall for sure...

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Yesterday, after I posted, Pumpkin returned! We were so happy! He's thin tho. We'll have to work on fattening him up!

24 hours for all of us, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X