~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe! Just got on here and breakfast is waiting. Thanks Cowboy. I needed that! Thanks for all your kind words and support. It’s going to take a long time to recover from this but we were spared. Yesterday my neighbor and I cooked all day since we had power and fed those in our neighborhood that had no power. I went to bed last night humbled and grateful. The lineman here are amazing. They have been working 24\7 to help restore power. The landscapers are cutting and sawing away debris. People are working their asses off getting their places cleaned up. What a nightmare but we will get it back. Big Al. Such a treat to hear from you. You sound stable and focused. Proud of you! Jude I hope you remain covid free!! Waves to everyone here!! Wishing everyone a great and sober day!!

Comment

Big Al, congrats on 9mo! You sound good.

Rava, what a wonderful service you provided for your neighbors.

Waves to my cafe pals. Thanks for breakfast, ABC. I'll take another day!

Comment

Rava, that was really sweet and kind of you and your neighbor to help in that way. I love hearing that people are coming together and working to get things back on track. It's going to some time before things return to "normal" but they will. Not for everyone of course, but for many.

Thanks for yet another awesome breakfast, Cowboy! Delicious!

Big Al, well done on your 9 months! Such a great accomplishment!

Another 24 for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, how kind of you to help out your neighbors by providing meals for them. When things like this happen it can often bring out the best in people.

Not much happening around here, so I'll just ask for a quick 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I love hearing stories like that [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], good on you for helping out those in need! I think people, for the most part, are good. But a disaster of some sort brings out the best in most everyone. There is hope for the human race after all...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I believe that most people strive to be good and listen to their better angels which is why I do have hope for Mankind too, Cowboy!

It's a chilly morning out there! Grateful for the woodstove!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Our weather hasn't gotten the fall memo yet! Our temps are still in the 80s with nightly lows still in the 50s. No rush to head south!

I'll take another day.

Comment

All canning is done. Yay!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for all the kind words and good thoughts. Its a beautiful morning with low humidity. Going to the thrift store today which is open for my volunteer job. This will be my first normal like day and I’m happy about that. Hope everyone has a good and sober day! Luckily right now, booze is the last thing on my mind. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning, afternoon, or evening whenever you are. I’m currently in London. Busy working on proposal. Wife working on manuscript. With stress levels high, I’m proud to accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Techie, you are all over the place lately! Best of luck to you on your proposal. Hope all goes well.

Rava, ain't normal grand?!

Ginger, enjoy that warm weather as long as you can!

Congrats on finishing up you canning, Jude.

Hope everyone has a great day full of freedom!
                            Dill

Comment

Jude, all that work canning sure will pay off this winter. That must feel great!

Waves to all. I'll take another day!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                                Our weather hasn't gotten the fall memo yet!
                                Same here, BC is breaking heat records every day it seems. Here near the ocean it's been nice and comfortable (low 20's C) though. The landscape (and fires) really could use some rain but i won't complain, this is my ideal kind of weather and I hate the endless fall rains, depresses the hell out of me (which will come eventually).
                                Last edited by Mulburry; October 4, 2022, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X