X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hi Cafe Friends!

I meant to comment yesterday on Cowboy’s wonderful breakfast but like Ginger, twice we’ve had company in the past two weeks and I got sidetracked.

Woolie caterpillars predicting winter weather. My Mom grew up on a farm in Prince Edward Island and one of their predictors of winter severity was how high pine cones were on the trees. The higher they were, the nastier the weather was to be. If that’s true, we’re in trouble. We live on the 3rd floor of our building and many of the pine cones are higher than our balcony.
    In the meantime, it was 22C, 72F yesterday when I barbecued steaks wearing shorts and a golf shirt. And it’s to be warmer today. Every day of this weather means one less day of winter!

My countdown timer reminded me that it’s 31 days until we go to Mexico. Can’t wait. I’m feeling strong in my quit so am not worried about being at an all inclusive resort.

We’re dealing with yet more medical challenges but I won’t bore you with details.

Stay safe everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hola friends,

Yo Q dubbya. Mexico? Wowza!

Good to see everyone. All's good here. Fairly busy creating a new life.

Another 24 hrs please umpire.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good to hear from you [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] and QW! I was wondering where BigAl was lately, and hope that he is doing ok.

Glad that you made it up north Rava. Airports really stress me out, especially when you are trying to make connecting flights. Uggh!

I'll gratefully accept another 24!

Comment

5:19am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good to see you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], hard to believe it's only a month till you head to Mexico. Hopefully both of you will enjoy the getaway.

Great to see you pop in [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], how's things with you been?

Glad you made it safe and sound [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], how is the new rental or is this not the time you're staying up north for awhile?
            Last edited by abcowboy; October 18, 2022, 06:26 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you both Mr. G and QW! QW, I hope you and Mrs. Q enjoy your vacation. Maybe you could send us a picture postcard?

Mr. G, you've done your fair share of traveling in recent years as I recall. Any trips lined up in your future?

Rava that airport situation sounded awful! I'm so glad you made that connection and didn't have to spend the night in the airport.

It's good and cold out there this morning, but so far, no snow. I'm grateful for that!

24 more, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another busy week here as we ramp up to head south.

Looks like crazy weather in the east. Hope those of you that are in that neck of the woods stay warm!

Hi, QW and Mr G! Always good to see you both in the Cafe.

I'll gladly take another day!

Comment

Hola Cafe. Sorry for going dark but my mobile phone was stolen in Lisbon. We were there for a week after a workcation in London. I’m home now with a new iPhone and will be checking in regularly. It will take me some time to read back. Missed youse. Blessings x
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hola friends,

Nice to see everyone.

Glad ur back safe and sound Techstar.

Hi Dill and ABC, I'm aiming for an o/s trip possibly in February. Not 100% sure yet. Could be Sth America, maybe Morocco, India, Europe? Am also in the trenches studying property investing, so will see where that leads me. Hope you're all good.

Another 24 please Ref.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

[MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], you sure do get around! The property investing idea sounds interesting; you're always trying something new.

Good to see you back at the cafe techie, and I'm sure that you're glad to be home.

Another 24 for me please...

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great to have you back Techie!

Property investing does sound interesting G-Man. But if I'm not mistaken, you need to have money to invest in property so I'd have to study something else lol.

Any date set for your migration south Ginger?

Comment

It's ugly outside here today, cold, wet and windy. It feels like late November, early December. I'm thinking I better come up with some indoor activities for today!

Mr. G I sure hope you can get yourself a nice little trip organized for February.

Techie, so glad to hear you are back and ok. Sorry your phone was stolen! That is so annoying, to say the least.

I best get up out of this chair and get busy with some chores or something. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Techie! Glad you're back safe and sound.

No exact migration date set yet but likely mid-week. Temps are dropping into the 40s next week so it's time! Lol

Waves to all my Cafe buds! 24 more please!

Comment

Good morning cafe. Techie welcome back and sorry about the cell phone being stolen. I bet you are ready Ginger to travel south. It was 34 here this morning. Last night we almost froze sitting on cold bleachers watching our grand daughters soccer game. We go from 90s to 40s. Quite the temp change, wishing everyone a great day. 24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X