Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

A quick fly by. I accept another twenty four. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], Mr. J put in a wood stove a couple of months ago to help combat the ever-increasing fuel bills. We have plenty of wood on our property, so we won't need to buy any.

Cowboy, Mr. J and I are both retired and on a fixed monthly income, and it's getting more and more difficult to make ends meet. Our retirement accounts have taken a serious hit due to the instability of the stock market at this time. Other than the money being tight, I'm really enjoying retirement, but if things keep going the way that they are, I might have to go back to work. Sorry to be such a negative Nelly this morning, but the state of our economy has really got me down. At least we are saving money because we don't buy booze anymore.

Another 24 please...

Comment

Jude, we also have an endless supply of wood here which we are using to supplement our heating needs. We have one wood stove currently active in our main living area. The one we are repairing is in our bedroom. Heating oil is sky high here now and there's no end in sight. Like you we are on a fixed income and things are getting difficult. I hope you don't have to return to work. I sometimes think about it, but so far we are ok.

We take our Lily to be spade on Thursday. There's another expense that will set us back. Sometimes I think we should not have taken on the expense of another pet. But it's too late now!

24 hours for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe. I can’t believe I missed 2 days on here. We are back, unpacked and back in our routine. Jude, you are not the only one being negative about the economy, it is very worrisome as at our age, waiting for things to rebound is not always possible. If I was In my 40s maybe but in my late 60’s I dont have that extra time. Ugh. I’m hoping things might swing back some after the November elections. Dill glad you have plenty of wood and hope you get that glass fixed. Things here are still not good. Tons of debris and our beautiful beach is literally gone. We moved here for that particular beach. Not sure things will ever totally recover. People that have lost 50 percent or more of their homes are told it has to be torn down and built to new code. This will cause people to be forced to sell their lots to greedy developers. Its all very sad. On a lighter note it’s going to be 80 and sunny and I will be sober. Hi to everyone, techie, love your quotes. Would love to hear from Pauly and big Al at some point. I feel like I’m missing two friends. 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Crazy busy getting ready to leave. Sorry I've been MIA. I'm always here in spirit! I'll take another day.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hugs to Rava. Busy morning and extremely busy afternoon. So, with a wedge of breathing room I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dill, I hear you about the extra expense that having a pet can bring. In the past week I've had to bring 2 of mine to the vets which put a pretty good dent in my checking account. Ouch!

I'd be grateful for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a good Wednesday. Another sober day ahead. 24 more please.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not much new to report over my way, the temps are slowly decreasing -9C (15F) this morning, but it's supposed to show a slight improvement over the next couple of days. Thankfully we haven't gotten any snow yet. Have a great day everyone, and safe travels if you're headed out today [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].

Comment

Yes, safe travels, Ginger! And I'm glad you are home safe and sound, Rava. Cowboy, let's hope the snow holds off for as long as possible!

Jude, the plan for having Lily spayed tomorrow got put on hold. She started a heat yesterday! Grrr. Now we have to wait 4 weeks to try again. The soonest the vet had open was December 3rd. I know it's only a month away, but I had hoped not to have a big vet bill in December. Christmas is going to be tight enough as it is. Oh well. It is what it is!

We have RAIN today! Yay! It has been so long since I have seen rain! It's not near enough but at least it feels good and it is settling the dust.

Hoping for another 24 hours for all of us here.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. I excited to accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

Dill, sorry that you have to put Lily's spay on hold. It's getting more difficult to schedule an appointment at the vets these day, and they are booking way out for an animal to be seen. It seems to have become that way ever since covid hit us, and I really don't think that things will ever go back to pre-covid days.

Here's to making this day a sober one!

Comment

Good morning! Dill, so glad you have rain today if it’s much needed. Heading to play putt putt golf with some friends today which also involves lunch. Feeling a little sad as I’m missing my grandkids and with all the devastation I’m questioning my decision to move here. All this is not causing me to drink because I know that would add to my feelings in a bad way. Another 24 please.

Comment

Working...
                                X