No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don’t. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it.”

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Now that is one huge data center Ory! Racks and racks of servers!

I was over reading on the gratitude thread and realized that once we start dealing with our problems, we really do appreciate the simple things in life! We tend to forget those things when we're drinking, or we turn them into big issues. Today is a good day to stop and smell a flower, say hi to a stranger, and just appreciate everything around us....
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

77f here in Jersey on a sunny Tuesday morning at 8:38. I'll take another 24 hours without dimming the lights!

Heh, should've put a disclaimer. Objects in mirror are larger than they appear. lol. Grabbed a pic from online then after posting read that the pic was Facebook's data center. Little bigger than ours. :happy2:
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Well, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I've always enjoyed my flower/herb gardens (mentioned on the gratitude thread) but there were many years where I worked in them in the morning with a hangover dulling the experience. Or in the afternoon just filling time until I would allow myself some wine. Then the wine started being poured earlier and earlier in the day. Next the wine was in the garden with me. While I though it was enhancing the experience, really it was just crowding out the experience. Then it was pretty much crowding out most of my time. Before I knew it, I was taking it along with me to all kinds of events and activities...."hidden" in insulated tumblers. Wow. The true joy in living was being crowded out and it took me forever to see it! Yiikes!:egad:

I'll take 24 more please, and thankfully.
        Last edited by dill; July 18, 2017, 09:49 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings.”

6:20am in Alberta, I'm looking forward to another 24 please, and thanks...

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

I figured alcohol added to everything in my life dill, what I didn't realize is that my life was just great without it...
          Last edited by abcowboy; July 19, 2017, 07:18 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 more please.

Comment

Just after 2 here in Jersey and the sun is shining. Another 24 please!
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Hot and humid here, lots of sun. Yup. Thankfully we got our AC back up and running!

24 please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:57 am here.. we had crazy thunder storms last night! loud enough to keep us all awake. beautiful, but today we'll suffer a bit with the humidity.
                  i'd love 24 more hours!!
                  Last edited by lifechange; July 19, 2017, 11:59 PM.

Comment

GMAE all! :happy2:

7:50 on a Thor's day morning (lol) and just opening the shades to see that ball of fire lighting up the sky and starting to warm things up. ( No thunder in the offing, just temps in the 90s) I'll take another 24 please!

Last edited by Orimus; July 20, 2017, 06:58 AM.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

“One day... you will be at the place you always wanted to be.”

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks..

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

We've had cooler temps the past couple of days, but it's right back up in the high 80's/low 90's again for the foreseeable future... And I had to come back and say congrats LC on 2 weeks!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; July 20, 2017, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Hot and humid here for sure. Even laps in the pool are warm! Not complaining, as it's better than sweating through a hangover any day. 24 more please.

Comment

The weather gal this morning said you folks would have a heat index of 99 today, Mr. V! Maybe just floating chairs instead of laps? LOL!

24 more, please.
                          Dill

Comment

Sounds like we're in the same place, Mr. V! My colleague and I almost died yesterday in the kitchen.. moved at the pace of a slow snail!:happy2: But I'm not really complaining either.. it is summer, after all.
                            Excited about 24 more sober hours!

Comment

8 am here in Jersey and we've got another fire in the sky today and it's creeping up to the mid-90s . I'll take another 24 please.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren't paying attention to.”

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Sounds like this heat is affecting most of North America, and other places in the world as well!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; July 21, 2017, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X