~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

So wonderful, Techie! So glad you didn't give in to the worry and anxiety!

24 more hours for all of us here!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's fantastic news [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! Just get this beat and hopefully smoother sailing from here on out...

Glad you're safe, sound, busy, and enjoying the sunshine [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].

Our first snowfall of the year turned into a good old prairie blizzard. Going to my job in the morning wasn't too bad, but coming home was just nasty. Snow, blowing snow, and highways like skating rinks. It was 4-wheel drive and 40 mph all the way home. Then shovel the driveway and sidewalks in that weather only to watch it all get covered again. Going to take today off to shovel again and let the highways crew get the roads in better shape.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. techie so so glad that your news is good news! Dill, some of the snowbirds have returned. Most will be here the first of the year. Most claim Florida residency and in order to do that they have to be here for 6 months and 1 day. Some will come October leave for the holidays and come back to get in their 6 months. I’m really glad we only have one house now as our taxes went up quite a bit from last year. Its always something. Wishing everyone a great and sober day!

Comment

Great news, Techie!

I'll gladly take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Thank you all. Huge relief but still a bit to get done. So, with deep gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings and thanks again x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

That's great to hear [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] ! Your positive attitude / energy is manifesting itself in the world!

Our first snowfall of the year turned into a good old prairie blizzard. Going to my job in the morning wasn't too bad, but coming home was just nasty. Snow, blowing snow, and highways like skating rinks. It was 4-wheel drive and 40 mph all the way home. Then shovel the driveway and sidewalks in that weather only to watch it all get covered again. Going to take today off to shovel again and let the highways crew get the roads in better shape.
                Yikes, that sounds like a real winter. Here we're just getting atmospheric river after atmospheric river, but non have been too bad so far. Did have one gorgeous sunny day yesterday, perfect for an excursion with my mom and brother !

Comment

Wow cowboy, sounds like some pretty exciting weather that you're having. I have always loved the first big snowstorm of the year, especially when I don't have to drive anywhere. I usually have some kind of stew or soup in the crockpot, and am always grateful about having a safe, warm place to live when the weather is harsh.

Looking forward to another sober day...

Comment

Good morning. Cowboy I hope they got your roads plowed. I am with Jude, when it snowed I always had soup cooking and loved being in my warm home. Hated to drive in it! Hope everyone has a good and sober day. Yesterday while grocery shopping I wandered into the wine section, thought long and hard about what the hell I was doing and wandered back out. Glad I dodged that bullet! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Good job on skedaddling out of the wine aisle [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], sounds like you got this well in hand...

I'll venture out this morning to see if the roads are good and then keep a watchful eye on the skies. Supposed to get quite a bit colder and more snow over the weekend starting with this afternoon. Sheese, you'd think winter could have come on a bit more gradual lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and colleagues. Very chilly morning here. Snow in The Sierra’s. Time to get the ski’s tuned. So, with thoughts of downhill runs, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Well done, Rava! Funny how your feet led you into temptation like that! Good thing you used your brain to get yourself out of there safely!

Lovely day here. I think I'll get outside and enjoy it!

24 more for all of us here, pls and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, the fact that you thought long and hard about picking up a bottle of wine speaks volumes. You took the time to think about it and resisted an impulse buy. As cowboy said, you skedaddled out of there! Good on you!

It's supposed to be sunny today with temps of 75°f, we may even break a record. Mr. J, myself and my 99 year old friend are off to a place called The Windmill today. It's a really cool country market, with all kinds of crafts and farm goods for sale. Many of the vendors are Amish and Mennonites offering everything from baked goods to woodworking items. Really looking forward to it.

Where are you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]???

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X