~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe! Cowboy and techie, I hope you both are able to stay warm. Our temps are in the mid 80s which is perfect weather for me today. Thanks for the positive comments about avoiding the wine witch. I will remember that the next time my feet take me where I have no business being! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y . If you are seeing this please check in. We are here for you! Another 24 please!

Comment

I hope you don't have too much wind for your outing today, Jude. We have temps in the mid 70s forecast for today too but also strong winds and some rain later. I am glad to hear your dear friend is still able to get out and about! I went to the Windmill's website and looked around. It looks like a really wonderful place! Have fun!

Another 24 for all of us here, rain, snow or shine!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

You all sound great. Wonderful here. I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I am heading out for a long run on this cool and glorious November day. So, with a heart full of joy I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dill, it's incredibly windy and mild here as well, but we had a great time at the windmill yesterday. On the way home we stopped at a store that's run by the Mennonites. There were several Amish horses and buggies tied to a hitching post, which I thought was so cool!

I'm in for another 24...

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Last edited by abcowboy; November 6, 2022, 07:31 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I can't seem to get postimages to work this morning, says it's having server issues, so you're on your own for breakfast today lol
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for trying and thanks for the heads up, Cowboy! LOL Well, I'm going to go with cheese grits and eggs. We got our very first egg today from the batch of hens we bought on July 9! It's a tiny thing, but it's a start!

24 more for all of us here please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning cafe. Jude glad you enjoyed your day yesterday! Dill will you all share the egg? Lol. I bet you will have many more to come. Wishing everyone a great Sunday! 24 for me please and thanks. I have to get off here and make breakfast since Cowboy hit a snafu this morning. :congratulatory:

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Good morning Cafe friends! Cowboy, I was looking forward to brekkie this morning and it wasn’t there. Disappointment number 1. You don’t actually make these fabulous repasts yourself and rely on post images? Disappointment number 2! Only kidding. You do a wonderful job in the Cafe and on other MWO boards.

Many years ago I worked with a young Mennonite lady. She was more progressive than those who used horse and buggy and lived without electricity. Not only did she drive a car but she didn’t have the chrome bumpers painted black as most did.
                      I will never forget the joke she told me one time. “ Do you know why Mennonites don’t make love standing up? We wouldn’t want people to think we were dancing”!
                      I enjoyed learning a bit about their culture and of course enjoyed the produce and wonderful cooking & baking they sold.

It’s been great reading back and catching up on what’s happening with Cafe friends, good to see everyone keeping the beast at bay. Hopefully Big Al and Pauly check in soon.

I did some calculations the other day and realized that I haven’t wasted over $20,000 on al over the past 3 1/2 years.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those fasting with Cowboy. Great post this morning, QW. Well, it’s a cold rainy morning here. The time change back is most welcome. So, with a strong autumn vibe, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Wow cowboy, sounds like some pretty exciting weather that you're having.
                          Speaking of "exciting" weather, big wind storm here a couple days ago: knocked out power for a day and internet/TV for two, but (other than throwing a few bins / objects around in the backyard) no real damage/problems. So pretty minor inconvenience in the scheme of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                            Good morning cafe. Jude glad you enjoyed your day yesterday! Dill will you all share the egg? Lol. I bet you will have many more to come. Wishing everyone a great Sunday! 24 for me please and thanks. I have to get off here and make breakfast since Cowboy hit a snafu this morning. :congratulatory:
                            No Rava, we will not have to share the one tiny egg! I fixed eggs over easy to go with my grits yesterday. We used store bought eggs but the one special egg went to Mr. D. He has done the lion's share of the care for the chickens so it only seemed fair!

Sounds like some fierce winds, @Mulbury. It's unsettling when the internet is out. I am amazed and a little frightened at how much we depend on it. Hard to believe there was ever a time without it. But there was, and in some ways a better time.

Loved the quote today, Techie!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; November 7, 2022, 06:36 AM.
                            Dill

Comment

Dill, congrats on your first egg! ☺ [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], we had some serious wind around here for the past couple of days as well, but luckily we didn't lose power!

QW, good to see you at the cafe!! I can't believe how much money you have saved by ditching the booze. Love seeing your posts, so stop in more often.

I'm in for another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

Good morning cafe and so good to hear from you QW. You sound great, unlike like you Techie I hate the time change. Takes some getting used to and don’t like it getting dark so early in the day. I don’t understand why we can’t just leave the time alone. Anyway. We are gearing up for another hurricane on Wednesday into Thursday. Doesn’t seem anywhere near as bad as the last one so I’m keeping a level head. We are headed up to see our grandkids until Wednesday in Disney. So wishing everyone a great and sober day! 24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X