~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! "Not today"

Saw lots of deer yesterday, just not the right ones lol, so back to the bush today. The neighbor Tommy who I spent many a day drinking with had mentioned he got drawn for bull moose and as Adam and I were hunting we saw 2 bull moose walking across a field. I called Tommy right away and told him what field they were in. About 45 minutes later I got a call back from Tommy and the first word he said was "done", then he said "thanks" and then he asked if Adam and I could come help him load it lol. Made both Adam and I feel good to help him out in both spotting and loading!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Two very good posts to start the day! Thanks Jude and Cowboy! I think I'll be remembering that story about the nun for some time to come. I wonder if she knew that her phrase and demeanor were going to be such a good example to someone who needed it!

Rain was replaced with snow today. Ugh! Here's hoping it doesn't stick. The ground is still warm from all the warm weather we had.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Date night tonight, dinner and a movie with another couple. So, with plans with friends, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], hope that you have better luck hunting today. That's so cool that you have moose in your area. If I wanted to see a moose I'd have to drive up to the Adirondack mountains, which is about an hour and a half away from me, but the chances of spotting one are slim.

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Good luck today Cowboy on hunting. Glad you were able to help out a buddy with his moose draw. Thanks Jude for the Not Today story. That’s a good one to think about when someone offers a drink. Wishing everyone a great and sober Sunday. I used to start drinking early and try to chase the high all day long. So glad those days are over. My liver probably thanks me as well! Another 24 please!!

Comment

5:41am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I had time to make breakfast as PostImages is back working!

Comment

Was a terrible day hunting yesterday as it snowed most of the day and it seemed like the deer just wanted to stay bedded down for the day so we'll give it another try today.

There's lots of moose in our area [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and most often see them year round.

Comment

I would have to drive a lot farther to see moose! I wish we had some closer, but the largest game we have around here are deer. My BIL lives two hours south of here and he spotted a bear in his woods! I wish I could've seen that!

Rava, I started drinking earlier in the day as well which was a true sign that I was in big trouble! And I used to try to chase the high, like you mentioned. But there came a change along the way where I never really quite got a good high anymore and I found I had to drink more to basically just feel it at all. And at some point it became just a matter of drinking to feel numb. I just wanted to escape and be left alone. Alcohol was a refuge I thought. But really, it was stealing my joy. It's insidious. So, like the dear Sister said, "Not today."

Hope you had fun on date night, Techie. Best of luck on the hunt today Cowboy! Breakfast was grand this morning! Thanx for taking the time.

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; November 13, 2022, 07:55 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Moose lovers. Beautiful chilly morning here so, I have been out on the bike already. Run or hike this afternoon. So, with a positive attitude, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                        I love that [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]Saw lots of deer yesterday, just not the right ones lol, so back to the bush today. The neighbor Tommy who I spent many a day drinking with had mentioned he got drawn for bull moose and as Adam and I were hunting we saw 2 bull moose walking across a field. I called Tommy right away and told him what field they were in. About 45 minutes later I got a call back from Tommy and the first word he said was "done", then he said "thanks" and then he asked if Adam and I could come help him load it lol. Made both Adam and I feel good to help him out in both spotting and loading!
                        No hunting here... but saw three bears (a momma with two yearlings) right by the creek close to town. The creek is full of spawning salmon right now so naturely that's what they were there for, fattening up for the winter. They didn't seem to mind people passing by (it's a pretty popular local trail that goes right by there).

Not today.
                        Last edited by Mulburry; November 13, 2022, 10:04 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], how lucky you are to have seen a mama bear and her cubs! Once in awhile we see one wandering around, but most of them are north of us in the Adirondack mountains, or south of us in the Catskill mountains.
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I too, started drinking early in the day and tried to chase the buzz until my brain was mush and my body drained of all motivation. Don't miss that...

So....not today.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cant believe it’s Monday already. Planted new flowers last week and looks like the rabbits had a feast these last two nights. I have sprayed garlic, and commercial spray to try to deter them. At this point it seems impossible. Want to set up a camera and see what they are doing while I’m asleep. I feel like Elmer Fudd wanting to kill those Wraskly Wabbits! Hope everyone has a good and sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks for the chuckle this morning "Elmer" lol. I'm not sure what you can use to keep rabbits away, maybe a bigger dog haha.

Lots of deer out and about yesterday and Adam had a good opportunity to fill one of his doe tags but the doe had twin little ones with her so he passed on her. There will be more opportunities to fill tags next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X