~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Techie, good luck with your oncology appointment, and have fun visiting your granddaughter.
    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I did make butternut squash soup yesterday, and it came out yummy!

Committed to another 24 hours of freedom.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Have fun with your granddaughter [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], and good luck with the appointment.

Enjoy the visit with family [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], even if the weather is a bit cool there'll be lots of warmth in the house.

The fawns grow pretty fast [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], but they are still quite a bit smaller than full grown. There's no mistaking when you see a mama with a little one or ones by her side. Lots of people say they are big enough by now to survive the winter on their own, but we've seen too many little one's wandering around wondering where their mama went after someone tagged her. Just not something we want to cause...
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hello cafe! Dill hope you enjoy your visit from you LA family. I still have my electric blanket in Florida and still use it occasionally. Today the temp was 62 which is very unusual but nice for a change!! Techie, good luck with your appointment and babysitting! Hope all the soup lovers are eating well today. We are getting our flu shots this afternoon. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! I will admit these last few nights my drinking thoughts are getting bad. I need to reset my brain!! 24 more please

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. Off to the peninsula in a short while. I most likely will check in late tomorrow. I will let you all know what the oncologist has to share. So, with butterflies in the tummy but love and gratitude in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], resetting your brain is the best thing that you can do right now. You've been doing great, and it would be a shame if you broke your string of sober days. Sometimes when I get cravings I read literature on alcoholism, and supportive articles about how to overcome it. It's also a good idea to read "the tool box" on this site. Lots of good tips there, so hang in there, and stay close.

We've only had a few inches of snow here, but the Buffalo area is supposed to get 3-5 feet of lake effect snow over the next couple of days. Yikes!

Looking forward to another 24 hours, so..not today.

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

I guess I shouldn't complain when we get 3 - 5" of snow, I have no idea how I would deal with 3 - 5' of the stuff!

Keep moving forward [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], you're doing great at keeping the AV locked up!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; November 18, 2022, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Thanks Jude for the pep talk. I watch sober tik tok also as a way to stay sober. Today it’s in the mid 50s and thats cold for Florida. I pulled out My heavy bathrobe this morning. Techie, fingers crossed for some good news! Wishing everyone a safe and sober Friday. 24 more please!

Comment

I had a wonderful visit with my brother and SIL. It was so busy though that I did not have a minute yesterday to check in! They left after breakfast today.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Quick fly by. Off to oncologist in good spirits. Not those kinds of spirits, haha. Blessings x
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Today is the first day of gun season for deer, and Mr. J is out in the woods now. He loves being out in the woods, so he's happy even if he doesn't get any deer.

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:13am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Good to hear the visit went well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and you got to see them and get caught up on the going's on in their lives.

Good luck [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], and keep those "spirits" flying high lol

Mr J sounds a lot like Adam and I [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], we love to hunt even if the tags don't get filled. Just waiting for Adam to drive out from Sherwood Park, he should be here around 6:00am then it will be our turn to get out into the bush.

Comment

Good morning and happy Saturday. Looking forward to low humidity and sunshine today. Hope everyone has a great day! 24 more please!

Comment

Working...
                                X