~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy hunting, to Cowboy, Adam and Mr. J! Enjoy the woods and maybe even bag some game!

It's been so unseasonably cold here lately! Folks at the grocery store commented on the weather in a cheerful way. What more can you do?!!

Techie, fingers crossed with hope in my heart as you find out what the oncologist has to say!

Hey, Rava! I sure wish I could come down and sit with you a spell in that Florida sunshine.

I'm going to get busy around here. Hope everyone has a great 24!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. So, I will be undergoing 30 sessions of external beam radiation at Stanford Oncology. This will begin after the holidays. It will also require our moving over to Palo Alto and living in. Hotel for six weeks. Not exactly what I was wanting but I will accept what is. Over the next few weeks, I will be working on all the logistics regarding finding a reasonably priced Marriott property (I love the points) and rearranging business commitments. So, with lots to do, but secure in sobriety, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Wow techie, things sound like they are pretty challenging for you at the moment, but your optimistic attitude always impresses me.

Mr. J did get a nice doe yesterday, so there will be meat in the freezer again.

Buffalo is still getting pounded with lake effect snow and so far they've already had 66" of the white stuff with more coming today. Yikes!

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning.
          Techie, thinking of you and hoping your 6 weeks goes by quickly and successfully!! It will all be worth it in the end!! Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday. I’m going to make a cinnamon cake and catch up on some reading!! Wishing every a great and sober day!

Comment

6:01am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A bit late with breakfast, but here it is!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm sure you'll come out of the other side of your treatments on a very positive note [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], my prayers are with you...

Nice to have that meat in the freezer [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Is that the end of hunting for Mr J?

The pictures coming out of Buffalo are mind-boggling! Dealing with that much snow must be a monumental task.
                Last edited by abcowboy; November 20, 2022, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Techie, thinking of you. Your positive attitude will definitely help with all you're facing.

The snow up north is mind blowing! No snow back home at our place yet.

Little sister is still here and we are loving her company. She flies home on Dec 19 and I'm really going to miss her.

Sorry about the hit and miss check but I'm always here in spirit! I'll take another day.

Comment

I know how hard it is to check in regularly when family comes to visit. You have to make the most of your time with your sister, Ginger! Glad you're enjoying the visit.

Techie, prayers and positive thoughts headed your way. It's going to take some doing, but you've got the right stuff and this too shall pass. Will Mrs. T be staying with you for the 6 weeks?

That's great about the full freezer, Jude! I can't imagine all that snow you are dealing with!

Cowboy will you be doing any more hunting? Thanks for the awesome breakfast!

Rava, I think you have an excellent plan for today!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.
                      Hola from Riviera Maya, Mexico, Cafe amigos! We arrived 3 hours late, in a monsoon, but are happy to be here. Our suitcases and most everything in them were soaked. Ironically our bathing suits stayed dry. Go figure.
                      This is our first trip back to this resort in 3 years. There have been some noticeable changes and cutbacks. I did smile when I noticed premium beer is no longer offered in our mini bar, only Coors Light, not that it makes any difference to us.
                      Techie, thinking about you and knowing your positive attitude will be a huge help.
                      Jude, hope you're not getting the lake effect snow that hit Buffalo. Hard to imagine having 6+ feet of snow all at once.
                      I couldn't help but notice at the beach yesterday that many of the young ladies were wearing bikinis that have less material than some of my 70's neckties! I'm not complaining mind you, just making an observation.
                      Off to the beach before rain resumes.
                      Stay safe and af Amigos!
                      QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those napping after Cowboy’s breakfast. Our babysitting challenge begins today. So, with lots to do but love in my heart I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi y’all. Can someone explain this thread to me? I know I’m not new here, but it’s been too many years. And frankly, it’s hard to figured out when there are so many nicknames and acronyms. It makes me wonder what it’s like for other people, too.

so what’s the cattleman’s cafe?

And hi! I love seeing some of the old familiar names and some new ones, too. Xxoo

Comment

QW, so glad that you made it to Mexico even if it was in the middle of a monsoon! Have a great vacation, you both deserve it! As for the lake effect snow, the folks just north of us are getting pounded, but not as bad as Buffalo. Our turn will come!

Cowboy, Mr. J does have another tag for either a buck or a doe but I'm not sure if he is going to try and fill it. He hunts on a friends property, and he always gives him venison in appreciation for letting him hunt there.
                            [MENTION=12976]Ne/Neva Eva[/MENTION], the cafe is a pretty laid back forum and everyone is welcome! It's pretty much led by our fearless leader [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], who makes us an awesome breakfast every Sunday morning. Our goal is to commit to 24 hours af and take it one day at a time. So welcome! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours!

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Welcome Neva. We are a supportive group that posts and basically stay accountable to each other. During the accountability time we have become friends! QW it’s great hearing from you and hope you have an amazing vacation with lots of good memories! Ginger so glad you are having a great visit with your sister. Techie, good luck babysitting! That’s not an easy job! Wishing everyone a marvelous Monday! 24 more please!

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=12976]Ne/Neva Eva[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; November 21, 2022, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X