No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a great time babysitting [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'm sure you're going to love every minute of it!

Glad your sister can spend so much time with you [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Does she stay with you guys in the fifth wheel?

Glad you made it safely to your destination [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Enjoy the sun and the sights on the beaches haha.

It was another weekend for the deer lol. Adam did have a decent chance late yesterday afternoon on a dry doe, but he didn't even shoulder his rifle lol. I stood quietly watching him and the doe eyeing each other and could tell he was thinking how late it would be if he downed the deer. We probably wouldn't have got home till close to 10:00pm if he'd taken the shot and it would have meant doing a lot of work in the dark. That shows you how important filling our tags is lol. We have one last weekend to hunt [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], just might be another year of unfilled tags haha.

It's always nice to see hunters showing appreciation to the landowners [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Not sure if I'd go out again either if I had one tag already filled.

As was mentioned above [MENTION=12976]Ne/Neva Eva[/MENTION], we're just a group of people who became good friends through this thread. We stop in when we can to confirm our intention to stay sober for the next 24 hours. We discuss all sorts of things except for politics, no talk of that is allowed here. I don't consider myself the "fearless leader" of the group lol, we're all equals here. Yep, I guess it could be confusing to someone looking in, but stick around and you'll soon figure all of us out and don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone is welcome to join us!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Nice to see you in the Cafe, [MENTION=10175]Nen[/MENTION]eva Eva. Pull up a chair and stay awhile!

Techie, enjoy your grandbaby sitting assignment!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Welcome, Neva.

ABC, I like how your son thinks. No since doing all that in the dark if there's another day to try again! Little Sis is staying here with us. There's plenty of room for the three of us. Mr. G is a Saint, btw.

QW, I'm so glad you made it to Mexico! Enjoy your time there.

Waves to all my Cafe buddies! I'll take another day of freedom.

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. Busy busy busy. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thank you for all of the welcomes and the information. I love the vibe here. I’ll be back. Xo

Comment

[MENTION=12976]Ne/Neva Eva[/MENTION], again, welcome to the cafe!

Looking forward to another 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] @Ne Neva/Eva abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger is a your sister staying for your whole trip? Glad you are having a good visit. Hope the babysitting is going well Techie! Cowboy no matter what you say you ARE our fearless leader. Lol. Heading to my volunteer job this morning. Wishing everyone a safe and sober day! 24 more please! Ps I need to come up with a plan for thanksgiving. My neighbor is bringing 10 bottles of wine. Ugh. Planning should begin before I start the day!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Busy morning with baby. Lots of fun too. So, with a joyful smile I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva, I just realized that I messed up your name in my welcoming post. Sorry!

I forgot to mention that I have more family visiting for the next few days. I'll post, but probably pretty briefly. My daughter and her son are flying in today and will be here thru Saturday. It will be wonderful to see them!

Rava, you sure do need a plan! For me, I have trained myself not to drink at social gatherings because I don't want to make a fool of myself. However, events like that tend to trigger me to drink. I just tend to be pulled into buying a bottle of wine ahead of the event so I can drink in isolation when I get home... I think I avoid socializing so that I don't fall into that trap. Well, I do socialize, but usually stick to non-drinking events these days. It's not hard. I have lots of friends who don't drink.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Geez [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], is your neighbor really bringing 10 bottles of wine? How many people are coming to dinner? Stay strong and you won't have any regrets the next day.

We are going over to some friends for Thanksgiving dinner, and there will be lots of wine and mixed drinks. I guess that I had better come up with a plan of my own.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

4:54am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That's a lot of wine for one person to be bringing [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], wonder why they think they need to bring that many? Sounds to me like someone else should be visiting us here in the Cafe. Is this event happening at your place or someone else's? If it's at someone else's the plan would be to leave early before the heavy partying started, if it's at your place you'll just have to stay strong and remind yourself that you don't drink, you don't need to drink to have fun.

Same to you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], we don't drink right?

Have fun with your daughter and grandson [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Can't think of a better way to spend Thanksgiving other than being with family. Will you son and granddaughter be visiting as well?

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I’m the event I do not check in tomorrow, I want to wish everyone celebrating a Happy Thanksgiving. I also accept another twenty four. Have a wonderful blessed day too. Blessings x

Comment

Good afternoon cafe. I have been cooking all day. Forgot to check in this morning, our thanksgiving is taking place outside our condo unit. Lots of food and booze. I’m with you dill I would rather avoid social events just because of the drinking. I just turned down a Christmas party for this very reason. I would rather stay home. So I will be trying hard to avoid any pitfalls and realize that I cant stop at one. Happy thanksgiving to everyone that celebrates! 24 more please and thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X