~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I've been busy since well before dawn with family, cooking, prepping for tomorrow and bathing the dog who got well and truly sprayed by a huge skunk last night! LOL. It was too late to bathe the dog and she was not allowed in the house. She is an outdoor dog. But she got so much scent that it filled the garage and seeped in to the house and permeated the deck as well! We bathed her today and aired out the garage, but the smell is still lingering and will for some time to come. This will be a memorable thanksgiving! LOL Everyone took it in stride tho. My son and daughter both stated that they really don't mind the smell all that much! Talk about a laid back bunch!

Cowboy, yes my son and his two kids came yesterday and will be here today and tomorrow as well. They only live 2 miles down the road. My

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello friends,figured I'd come say hello and wish a Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating tomorrow, I've missed everyone so much! Jude I seen your message on messenger, thank you for reaching out I'm not sure how long ago it was since I'm not on there much but it prompted me to get back on here so thank you,I've actually been doing good on the not drinking (surprisingly) only drank those days after Bobby passed and had a brief drink spell in August but haven't drank since,I'm shocked actually haha,anyways I love and miss you all and I'll be here from here on out!
      Last edited by paulywogg; November 23, 2022, 10:44 PM.
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hola [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]. It is so wonderful to see your post. I have missed you and hope you stick around. You add so much color to the MWO landscape and I have wondered where you went off to. Blessings to you and Happy Thanksgiving XOXO
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

It's so great to see you, Paulie! It will be nice to have your voice back here once again. We have all been thinking of you and missing you.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! Let the cooking begin! (No thanks to the 10 bottles of wine though!)

Not Today.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's great to have you back [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! The Cafe just wasn't the same without you! Looking forward to having you with us as often as you can be here...

Sounds like you are having a Thanksgiving to remember [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol. The smells of food from the kitchen will more than make up for the smell coming from the garage lol.

Sounds like you have things well in hand [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], you can always dash into the house for a few minutes to get away from all the drinking.

Happy AF Thanksgiving to all my friends south of the 49th!
              Last edited by abcowboy; November 24, 2022, 07:07 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you back at the cafe Paully! Please join us whenever you can, as we have all missed you! :hug:

So grateful that I don't have to cook today as our friends are hosting Thanksgiving this year. Yay!
                I hope that you all have a fantastic day!
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], sure hope that your dog airs out before dinner tonight!

Here's to a booze free 24 hours!

Comment

Good more Cafe and welcome back Pauly!! So glad you are back with us! Happy thanksgiving to all today. Turkey going in the oven at 10 am. I did all the prep yesterday so today is just cooking. I’m thinking I’m just taking my sparkling water in a wine glass. This is gonna be hard today but I’m determined to get thru it. I’m asking for 24 hours of sobriety!! Dill. Love the skunk story. That’s definitely one for the books!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating. Another 24 for me. Have a beautiful day. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Waves to the gang and wishes for a happy sober Thanksgiving for us all!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy (hopefully AF) thanksgiving everyone... or as we like to say in Canada: Happy Thursday!

Comment

Happy black Friday every one! No in store shopping for me, as it's just too crazy. I think that most of my Christmas purchases will be done online.

I've decided that I'm going to lay around the house today and be a slug. We had a great time with friends yesterday, but I ate way too much, and I'm still trying to digest Thanksgiving dinner.

It's raining hard here, but there's no booze in the forecast for today. Gratefully looking forward to another 24 hours.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Waking up sober and accountable. I had a plan and it worked. I’m going to repeat this plan as needed. I brought a sparkling water drink that was actually grape raspberry. Looked very much like red wine. When I got there I poured it into a wine glass and drank from that all night. I felt like I was part of the party without sticking out drinking from a water bottle. It went much easier than I thought. I’m not going shopping today either. Too many people. I am however going to the gym then coming home to do nothing. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! Another 24 for me please,

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great job [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Sounds like you have a plan and an AF drink that works for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X