~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and Black Friday consumers. I have never ever went out of my way to purchase something on the maddening day. Just me, I guess. Still over with granddaughter and going home tomorrow. So, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Well done, Rava! Glad your plan worked out!

Thanksgiving done and dusted here. The weather was beautiful and the food was delicious. My daughter did the lion's share of the work in the kitchen but I was a close second. No wine or alcohol of any kind but still, I had a momentary wobble while prepping the meal. I did something similar to you, Rava. I mixed some seltzer water with some Cran raspberry juice and just having a more festive drink than my usual water got me over the wobble. Not that I had anything in the house, so I couldn't have caved, but still the special drink just gave me a measure of comfort somehow.

My son is now driving my daughter and grandson to the airport, so all is quiet here. I miss them already, but will enjoy the quiet we are so used to being restored.

I wish everyone a healthy 24!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

No wine or alcohol of any kind but still, I had a momentary wobble while prepping the meal. I did something similar to you, Rava. I mixed some seltzer water with some Cran raspberry juice and just having a more festive drink than my usual water got me over the wobble.
        Those are some really good ideas, both to quell the wanting to have a drink in hand fixation, and for not having to explain to people over and over again why you're not drinking (my good friends/familly all know my situation so that hasn't been an issue for me yet, but I'm sure eventually there will be some larger social gathering where it will be; so something useful to keep in mind).

Comment

Good job coming up with a plan and sticking to it Rava. I'll have to try that with the next social event that I attend.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning! Techie I agree. No way I’m getting messed up in that Black Friday madness! I did order a few things online tho. Dill glad you got over the hump too. My family knows I don’t drink but my new neighbors don’t and I really don't want to share my business with them. So carrying around a wineglass with a red color squashed all questions and made me more comfortable as well. I’m going to remember this little trick for when I’m home and want wine so bad, maybe this head game will help. Heading out with a friend today who also struggles with alcohol. We totally get each other and it’s good to have someone close by that understands. Wishing everyone a great Saturday. Highs in the upper 80s today! Another 24 for me please!

Comment

I still get the occasional thought about having a beer [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Not sure what triggers it as it usually happens when I'm by myself. I guess that's because I did my majority of drinking by myself. I don't worry about it, nor do I ponder over it, just let the feeling pass and carry on.

Looks like today will be our last day of hunting for this year. There's some bad weather forecast for tomorrow and Monday with lots of snow and high winds so Adam wants to head home tonight after we're done hunting. I'd sooner know he was home safe and sound instead of worrying about him trying to get home in bad winter driving conditions, and the hunting won't be that good tomorrow anyway if the weather does turn bad. If we're not successful today, there's always next year!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well Cowboy, it looks like you and Adam bagged a few good days out hunting together and I know that means an awful lot to you! Probably even more than actually bagging your quarry.

I'm busily cleaning up and putting things back to rights after several days of extra family in the house. But it was definitely well worth it!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Loved the quote techie, thank you!

Cowboy, I saw the picture of the buck on your FB site. Wow, what a beauty, and it's too bad that you didn't have a buck tag.

Has anyone heard from Big Al? I hope that he is doing ok, and wish that he would check in.

Still not much snow around here as temps have been pretty mild, but no 80° temps like you're having rava!

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Breakfast is ready!

Comment

No snow or wind yet this morning. I will be so disappointed if the forecast was wrong, but Adam and I had some great times this year with spotting and helping other hunters be successful in their hunts even if we weren't successful in ours. That was one crazy mule deer buck [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I had parked the truck and was waiting along a fenceline as Adam was walking through the bush trying to push a whitetail buck to me. We had seen the whitetail early in the morning with a group of does but they hopped into the bush before we got a chance at a shot. As I was waiting and watching, I watched the mule buck walk right across the whole field towards me and walked right between me and the truck! He wasn't the least concerned over me or the truck as he had only one thing on his mind lol. Oh well, there's next year to look forward to...
                            Last edited by abcowboy; November 27, 2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Happy Sunday! Wishing everyone a great day. 24 more please. Thanks for breakfast Cowboy!!

Comment

Wow! That's funny Cowboy! It would have been fun to watch, too. Thanks for the delicious breakfast. I do love hollandaise sauce!

It feels like Spring here today: 55F with intermittent sunshine and lots of wind. But I'll take it! We had a good rain overnight, too.

I hope [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] checks in too, Jude. I miss his posts. Hope he is still strong in his quit.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X