~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe. Looks like I’m too early for breakfast! Dill sorry about mr. D’s uncle. Jude sorry about your friend with pneumonia. Had a good night with no boozy thoughts. The fact that I can plan and get thru Thanksgiving with booze all around me tells me that i can fight it. When I stupidly buy a bottle with no thought and drink it is crazy to me. My brain is crazy!! Wishing everyone a peaceful day. We are doing to look at the beach today. It’s been 2 months since Hurricane Ian and some of the beaches are open but not for swimming. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've got breakfast ready now Rava, everyone can stop back in for some later...

Last edited by abcowboy; December 4, 2022, 07:32 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That darn wine isle, one day it will be just another isle [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION].

Sorry to hear about your neighbor [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], hope she pulls through okay.

Comment

Hola Cafe Amigos!

Yes Dill, we’re wishing we were still in Mexico yet we were ready for home. What we weren’t prepared for was the temperature swing! We left Cancun where it felt like 37C, 98F, and arrived in Calgary where it was -21C, -6F with a windchill making it feel much colder, I’m guessing -30C, -22F.

Mrs QW tested positive for Covid on our arrival home, about the last thing she needs. I’ve twice tested negative.

Mexico was a nice escape but due to some issues at the resort, don’t think we’ll go back there for a 6th visit. The weather was great - sunshine during the day, rain fell at night. I wanted to do some night sky photography but on the one night the conditions were perfect, as I was getting my tripod set up on the beach, I heard very near, a creature hiss, spit and slap its tail on the sand. I didn’t stick around to find out what it was!
            Over the next few days I’ll post some pics.

For the most part, servers were great when we declined alcoholic beverages. One server however was stunned that we don’t drink al. He kept offering different drinks until I finally told him his tip depended on him not pushing drinks on us.

So, back to reality. I’ll read back and see what’s new in the Cafe, maybe after enjoying that awesome brekkie Cowboy!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and wishing Mrs QW a quick recovery. Thank you for breakfast, Cowboy. Cold damp rainy mix this morning. About 6 feet of new snow in the past 72 hours. Love it. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

QW, hope that Mrs. QW makes a speedy recovery. I know the feeling about coming home after being away for awhile. Nothing like it!

Techie could you send some of that snow my way?

With gratitude, I'm in for another 24...

Comment

Good morning cafe! so sorry to hear Mrs QW has covid. I hope she only has a mild case and recovers quickly! Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Wishing everyone a sober Monday. 24 more please!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hopefully Mrs QW doesn't get too sick [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] and recovers quickly...

Comment

I also am wishing Mrs. QW a speedy recovery! I wonder what that creature was that didn't appreciate your presence, QW! I would have skedaddled too!

So far it has been a cold, gray morning. Mr. D has to get some dental work done and I have to make some returns at the store. But it will be a good day not to drink!
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Still here! I'll take another 24 😀

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those lurking in the shadows. Golfing this morning for the first time in several months. King story. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

My neighbor (Mama bear) is still in the hospital but doing better. At 99 years old she is an amazing and strong woman. Love her dearly.

Another 24 please...

Comment

Wishing everyone a great day. Off to the thrift store for my volunteer day. 24 more please!

Comment

Working...
                                X