Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by Rava View Post
    I think I slept a total of 2 hours last night. Going to definitely need a nap today. I hate restless nights. I try the breathing techniques by counting your breaths but that makes me totally anxious. Hope everyone has a great Friday.
    Ya I'm with you there, hate that. Even more than a year after quitting drinking, I still often sleep restlessly in the second half of the night; and add some stress in there and then it's a lot worse obviously. It's too bad breathing techniques don't work for you, they've been a godsend for me, I can't imagine how much less I would sleep without them. It's actually kind of amazing how something as simple as paying attention to your breathing can put you in a relaxed state; of course it doesn't always work for me, and sometimes requires a lot of persistance. Hopefully you can find something that helps with your sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulburry View Post
      Ya I'm with you there, hate that. Even more than a year after quitting drinking, I still often sleep restlessly in the second half of the night; and add some stress in there and then it's a lot worse obviously. It's too bad breathing techniques don't work for you, they've been a godsend for me, I can't imagine how much less I would sleep without them. It's actually kind of amazing how something as simple as paying attention to your breathing can put you in a relaxed state; of course it doesn't always work for me, and sometimes requires a lot of persistance. Hopefully you can find something that helps with your sleep.
      Thank you for bringing up breathing exercises. I’m a huge Wim Hof practitioner and it has made a huge difference in my training, sleep, and endurance. I also do the cold therapy severs times a week.
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
        Thank you for bringing up breathing exercises. I’m a huge Wim Hof practitioner and it has made a huge difference in my training, sleep, and endurance. I also do the cold therapy severs times a week.
        I've never heard of him but I'll look him up!

Comment

Yup [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], nothing like the sound of a barfing dog to get you out of bed in a hurry! Why is it when cats have to vomit they run to the nearest bedspread or carpet? One of lifes mysteries I guess.

Cowboy, I would definitely get a flu vaccine when you go to get your other jabs.

We're supposed to get a few inches of snow today, so hopefully it will brighten up the landscape, as its been looking kind of drab lately.

With gratitude, looking forward to another 24...

Comment

I read back just now and realized that I had missed your post yesterday, Rava. Sorry about your rough start yesterday! Ugh. Hopefully today has been much, much better! I hope you dog is ok, too.

Waiting for the Cafe to open and for breakfast to be served. In the meantime I will share a loaf of homemade honey/craisin bread with you all!
            (Sorry, no picture. You'll have to use your imaginations. )

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

The Cafe is always open [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the cook isn't always here on time though lol

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and I’m here for the breakfast. Thanks again and also to Dill for the raisin bread. I’m full this morning! Got a visit from daughter 1 yesterday. Quite nice seeing her she actually lives the closest to me about 4 hours away but I don’t see her as much. So it’s been nice. We are hanging out today before she drives home. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more please! Ps dog is better. Just a random vomit to mess up the morning. Now my bedspread is extra clean!!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Nothing is much better than starting Sunday morning with breakfast in the Cafe. Thanks Cowboy!

Thanks to Covid, this past week was pretty much a write off. I haven’t been this I’ll in years nor have I felt as tired. It’s a week today since I tested positive, hopefully todays test will be normal.
                    We figure we picked up the virus at the Cancun Airport. It was crowded with no social distancing, hardly anyone wearing masks, and we spent 3 hours indoors. What really bothered me though was that most of the seats reserved for people with disbilities were occupied by people without disabilities.

Today is my annual nuts and bolts making day. I’m counting on the Covid test to be negative as otherwise I’ll wait a day or so.

I haven’t checked the af day count for a while and see today is 1,384 which means I haven’t wasted well over $20,000.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast fans everywhere. Thank you, Cowboy. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning cafe! Another 24 for all of us!

Comment

Thanks for yesterday's lovely brunch, Cowboy! You're the best!

Did I mention we have been finally getting eggs from the chickens we bought in July? So far all the eggs have been various shades of brown from creamy brown to medium brown. But yesterday we got a green one! It was olive green, but still, green. I'm hoping one of the hens will lay a blue egg. Fingers crossed! One of the breeds we got is called Americauna and they lay green or blue.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe! QW hope your test is negative but they sometimes stay positive even after you are feeling well. Dill, a green egg sounds cool! I didn’t even know there were chickens that laid blue and green ones. Wishing everyone a great week ahead. 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Fingers crossed that your test comes back negative [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but more important that you're feeling better.

We get a few green eggs from our country neighbor that supplies us with farm fresh eggs [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but the only blue eggs I've ever seen were in a robin's nest. Hopefully you'll get one and share a pic of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X