~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the Amazon suggestion, Cowboy and Jude. I think you are right! That's what we will do unless Mr. D comes up with something brilliant.

I never thought of hummingbirds in the snowy regions. I guess I thought they headed south for the winter. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], when you say it's Nat's "job" to cycle the feeders, is that his day job or just his hobby around the house? I may be a bit thick here, but I am confused. And inquiring minds want to know!

I've settled on baked ham, potato wedges, fried apples, green beans, seven layer salad and pecan pie for Christmas dinner. Probably too much food but all of it can be made ahead except the ham and wedges. We'll have our son and grandkids in for gift exchange and a dinner together. Does anyone else care to share their plans?

Thinking of you Techie. :hug:

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; December 20, 2022, 05:51 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Have safe trips today [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!

Did your sister get away okay [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? I'll bet you're going to miss having her around...

Both Nat and Amanda work from home in their own separate businesses [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Nat is a marketing consultant dealing mostly with website design and internet opportunities. Amana is a lover of hummingbirds and is a great source of knowledge about them. I guess one species of hummingbirds stay in Vancouver year round and usually she's home to cycle the feeders during the cold weather so they don't freeze, but since she's out here, Nat gets that responsibility lol. Amanda is with us till noon, then she heads to Sherwood Park to visit with Adam and Darcie, then flies home Wednesday afternoon.

It's going to be just Bubba, me, and the mil for Christmas so I don't expect we'll have anything fancy for Christmas day.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning, friends! It's been a very busy two months with sister being here but what a blast. I've always said we three sisters would live together in our old age and this visit proved it could be done. She's home safe and sound and I miss her like crazy!

I'm feeling a little melancholy not going home for Christmas. Next year we will plan a trip home. Staying put this year though.

Techie, I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

You all sound great. Be careful shoveling all that snow! I'll happily take another day.

Comment

Amanda made it over safely yesterday afternoon. She said the roads were still in poor driving condition but she's here safe and sound.
            Good thing too, a couple days later and she wouldn't have even been able to fly out, looked like YVR was a complete shitshow today. Got close to another foot here today but the bigger danger was the wind, as power went out last (which would mean no heat in these frigid temps) but luckily came back about a half hour later. My parents lived in Alberta until I was about 5, after which moving to BC, and mom said today, we moved from Alberta to get away from the winters, and here we are right back in an Alberta winter.

Comment

We are going to a friends for dinner on Christmas this year. Usually we like to stay home that day, but they always put on a good spread, so off we go!

Dill, your Christmas dinner sounds amazing!

Mulburry, sounds like you got a lot of snow there. We're supposed to get a storm Friday and Saturday, but at this point we don't know whether or not it will snow or rain.

Thinking of you techie...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

We were all watching the news about the weather in Vancouver yesterday [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]. Amanda might get an extra day or two at Adam and Darcie's until they get the airport back in some sort of organized chaos lol. And she said the exact same thing as your mom haha.
                  Last edited by abcowboy; December 21, 2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Don’t have time to catch up as we are very busy with the grands. All is well and we made it up north. Only glitch was our hard shell suitcase got crushed and cracked open down both sides, the airline gave us a brand new suitcase. So all is well. Hope everyone is doing well. 24 more please!

Comment

Good morning! Had a long phone call last night with my middle son. It was lovely catching up with all the goings on at his company. Now I'm homesick!

It's 9f degrees this morning with colder temps on the way at home. Brrrr I'll stay right here in AZ and ask for another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and travelers alike. Spent the night in Kingman AZ headed toward Flagstaff. Driving into Phoenix/Scottsdale tomorrow. Will drive by my former home on The OrangeTree golf course. Miss it often. I’ll visit friends and join my old hiking group. Friday morning we will climb Camelback. I once held the record time in our group by that was ten years ago. I just want to get to the top. Contrary to many, it is not an easy hike. Looking forward to several Sedona hikes as well over the next 3-4 weeks. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in for me today. I don't know where the time went today! I believe it is the winter solstice today, so starting tomorrow the days start getting longer and that makes me happy!

24 more for all of us here please and thank you,.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                            We were all watching the news about the weather in Vancouver yesterday [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]. Amanda might get an extra day or two at Adam and Darcie's until they get the airport back in some sort of organized chaos lol. And she said the exact same thing as your mom haha.
                            Hahaha. Also, I bet just about the time they get the airport all functioning properly again the next storm (thursday night / Friday) will hit and it will go right back to chaos again.

Comment

Trying to type with a cat rubbing all over my face is not easy.

Glad that you made it up north rava. Enjoy the time with your grandkids!

Another24 please and thank you!

Comment

I can just imagine that tickle you get when the cat's tail brushes against your nose, Jude! Good to know we are on the other side of the winter solstice, isn't it? I'm looking forward to coffee on the deck in the mornings again. Of course it is going to be a bit of a wait, but it's still a comforting thought!

Rava, glad you made it up north safe and sound. Enjoy!

24 for all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X