No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some breakfast to get the New Year started off right!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not the greatest end to your vacation, or a good way to start the new year [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], but things can only get better from here! Hopefully covid doesn't hit you and Mr R too bad.

We were in bed around 9 last night as well, I didn't even hear the fireworks at midnight never mind get up to watch them lol.

Happy New Year my friends!
      Last edited by abcowboy; January 1, 2023, 07:33 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning everyone and thanks for the kind words, we are on the mend although I am still having pretty bad night sweats. Other than that we are good. Mr, r is making French toast this morning. We had some neighbors shooting fireworks last night so we shut the hurricane curtains, upped the air conditioning, turned on the sound machine and sleep 9 Wonderful hours.
        Waking up sober is the best gift of 2023 for me as well as all my friends on this site, happy new year everyone. 24 more for everyone!

Comment

Rava, sorry to hear you and Mr R got covid. I'm so glad I'm here and not home in the snow. It was lovely to sit outside yesterday. Hubs is feeling punky this morning so I'll test him shortly.

I think I was in bed by 830p. There was no chance we'd be up to bring in the new year! I'm thankful to be up this morning unsung! I'll take another!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy New Year Cafe friends! We too went to bed around 9 and neither of us heard the midnight fireworks. And nice that alcohol wasn’t involved.

Rava, so sorry you both caught Covid. I’m convinced we picked it up doing the hurry up & wait at the Cancun Airport in November. As rough as the drive home was, it was probably better and safer than flying. I hope your recovery goes well.

We had the grandkids for a pizza and game evening Friday. It was fun for all, even my grandson who for the first time ever, lost in chess to his Granddad! Usually he shows no mercy and takes great pleasure in winning whatever game we play. He was a good loser though and spent a few minutes studying the board to see where he went wrong. I suspect that was the only time I’ll win! And that’s OK. The best part is being with the grandkids.

Best wishes to everyone for a happy, healthy and alcohol fre 2023.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy New Year, Everyone! It surely is a gift to wake in the morning unhung and especially on this, the first day of a new year!

Good to see you, QW. Glad you got to score a rare win against your grandson at chess. Time with them is perhaps as precious as the gift of sobriety.

Rava, I'm glad you and Mr. R are on the mend. That trip home sounded absolutely dreadful. But at least you didn't get caught up in the airport delay.

Ginger, I hope Mr. G is feeling much better.

Jude, I almost made it to midnight, but threw in the towel at 10:30. I hadn't planned on staying up even that late, but our granddaughter came to spend the night and she wanted me to read to her. How could I say no to that?!

Cowboy, as always, thank you for another great breakfast and special thanks to you for providing that great rendition of Auld Lang Syne! I played it a couple of time. I loved the harmonies!

24 more for all of us on this first day of 2023!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the Happiest of New Year to you all. We are truly blessed to have this small group of supporters. It is another reason again that I keep coming back daily. Even when I feel there’s not much to share, I sense the closeness of you my friends. So, with a New Year and a renewed dedication to the sober lifestyle, I thank you all. It is your support that will help me deal with two months of daily cancer treatments. For that, I could not be more blessed. So, I lovingly accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best 2023 possible. God bless x

P.S. Hugs and prayers to you and your [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Thanks for breakfast ABC!

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I hope that the new year brings you renewed health and healing. Cancer really sucks! :hug:

I'd be grateful for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                    Good morning Cafe friends and the Happiest of New Year to you all. We are truly blessed to have this small group of supporters. It is another reason again that I keep coming back daily. Even when I feel thereÂ’s not much to share, I sense the closeness of you my friends. So, with a New Year and a renewed dedication to the sober lifestyle, I thank you all. It is your support that will help me deal with two months of daily cancer treatments. For that, I could not be more blessed. So, I lovingly accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best 2023 possible. God bless x

P.S. Hugs and prayers to you and your [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Thanks for breakfast ABC!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6665[/ATTACH]
                    Perfectly said, Techie. I feel the same way about this group. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you get through these two months with the greatest ease possible.

Cowboy, I thought of you the other day when I was making a loaf of pumpkin bread. Why? Because the recipe called for vegetable oil, and I used canola. I thought about you planting and harvesting. Canola is my preferred oil for cooking and baking.

Busy week for me. I drive my friend to the James Cancer Center tomorrow for a couple of CT scans. It's about an hour each way. Then on Wednesday, Mr. D undergoes Mohs surgery to remove a cancerous lesion on the top of his head. Needless to say, he is very anxious about it, as am I. That is an outpatient procedure, but a driver is required to drive him home safely post-op. Thursday is volunteer day. All of these activities are early morning. Good thing I am an early riser!

Grateful for another chance at 24.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hopefully you'll come out ahead after the next 2 months [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], you have the fight in you that's required!

Sounds like a busy week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], hopefully Mr D's surgery goes well...

Great to see you stop in [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

Comment

Good morning cafe and hope everyone is starting out the new year on a good note. Techie, sending you healing prayers and good wishes as you continue your fight! Your positive attitude and all of your physical fitness are sure to push everything in the right direction! Ginger, hope hubs is feeling better today! Dill, hope your husband does well with that procedure. My 80 year old neighbor had that done about 2 years ago and has done very well. Hi to Cowboy, Big Al, Jude, QW, and anyone else I missed. Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I echo techie's sentiments about all of you here. The support you all provide and knowing you are here, makes staying AF much easier!

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Beautiful morning here in Phoenix. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Your New Year's Eve sounds like a good one, Jude. We don't have any plans here and like you I will be sound asleep at midnight!
                                Right there with you; being sick as well, I went to bed before 11pm; the fireworks in town didn't even wake me up. Anyways, hope everyone has a good, AF, and healthy (as possible) 2023 !

Comment

Working...
                                X