~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I'm late to the party too, Cowboy!! Sorry I missed your big day. Happy belated birthday! Did you have a good day? It was a Friday the 13th. How did your luck go?

I know people are working remotely more and more each day, but I personally think remote relationships lack the spark of in person. I hope you do find someone Techie and that the relationship works out for the kind of service you require. Of course, I have had remote meetings with my doctor and those are satisfactory. So it can and does work!

I am missing the sunshine. We have been under clouds for a long time now. Snow yesterday, but just a trace.

Well done on taking the "not today" approach, Mulburry.

24 more hours of wellness for all of us here!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes y'all! I had a pretty good day, railroaded for a good part of the day then the neighbors took us out for supper and I had a great meal and even some birthday cake lol.

Good job on passing on the beer [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], we all know where even just one leads...
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy belated birthday Cowboy. Hope your day was wonderful!! I agree with the why drink just one comment. I watch tv and hear people looking at houses to buy and they say things like. I can see us having a glass of wine on this porch. What in the hell is a glass of wine. I’m thinking one or two bottles. That’s why I am not drinking. Another sober day ahead for me. No hiding my drinking and no hiding the empty bottles!! 24 more please!!

Comment

I'll take another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy birthday celebrants. Many more, Cowboy. Heavy rain and heavy snow here. All snow now and it’s a blizzard. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

@Mulburry, these cravings for our drink of choice seem to come out of nowhere don't they? One of my triggers is seeing people on tv enjoying a big glass of wine. Uggh...I can almost taste it, but what's the point of having just one?
                It's funny, normally those things don't really trigger me too much; but this time I was reading about it in a book, and this vivid nostalgia of the taste, the effect, the whole package, just hit me with an overwhelming intensity. But oh well, just have to let it pass and move on. Either that or try alcohol free beer, but I really don't think that's for me, I've yet to try it, because I'm pretty sure it'd end with a weirdly strong sense of dissapointment and maybe an even greater craving.

Anyways, feel for those stuck in the bad weather cycle, after a few days of non-stop rain we finally had a spectacular sunny springlike day and it was marvelous getting out on a hike today (and finally over the covid vaccine sickness), haven't felt this good in a while!

Comment

Glad that you are feeling better [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]! I woke up this morning with a wicked sinus headache, but at least it's not from a hangover.

I'm in for another 24!

Comment

We woke up with temperatures in the teens. (16F) I suppose that doesn't faze you Canadians so much, but for me, anything below 20 is too cold! LOL My old girl Tessa, agrees. She is reluctant to go out in this weather. Lily doesn't seem bothered by it. She seems invigorated!

24 more hours of wellness for all of us here, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Breakfast is ready for us late risers lol

Comment

Good to hear you're feeling better [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] and getting out to enjoy the nice weather!

We're having an unseasonably warm start to the New Year, but we've also had thick fog daily for the past week or so that's ended up with lots of heavy hoar frost. Guess it looks like we'll have a rainy end of June, beginning of July haha.

Comment

Good morning cafe. It’s 41 here in Florida this morning. Bitter cold for me but nothing for you cold weather people. How much snow did you get Techie? Thanks for the breakfast Cowboy. Yesterday I had drinking thoughts and literally sat thru them and let them pass instead of running to the store for 2 bottles. ( notice not 1 but 2). So glad I let it pass. Hitting the gym this morning. Wishing everyone a sober day. 24 more please!!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy, exactly what I need before heading out for a walk. It’s mild here too, I think a barbecue is in my future.

Dill, you’re right. 16F, -9C, isn’t bad, especially here in Alberta where it’s so dry. When my son moved to Australia 14 years ago, he was hired by a grocery store. On learning he was Canadian, his first job was in frozen foods!
                              I don’t let cold temps deter me from much. FYI, to barbecue a 3/4 inch thick T-bone steak to medium rare at -40 takes an hour. But it’s worth it!

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hey, QW. Good to see you! Rainy AZ few days here but that's way better than snow! I'll take another day.

Comment

Working...
                                X